Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:48:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC based gaming/gambling ?  (Read 1658 times)
duxZero (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:24:06 AM

So,

I have an idea that i'm currently working on, but i need your input!

I see gambling sites that have a tone of concurrent users and it makes me wonder; why waste money playing a game that is programmed to run and pay out a certain way when you can play real games and have a real chance to actually EARN your pay out ?

Think CS:S, top players in each server at the end of a week get payed out but you have to pay a certain amount to buy in each week, 0.005 for example.
With saying that i can also run 'team' based matches, 2 organized teams set a bet amount and battle it out for the prize.

Now how about RuneScape; PVP'ing was always fun but why not have a BTC wallet linked to your account and for every kill you get you earn say 0.001 and the player killed looses 0.001.

Okay lets move onto games like DayZ; have a private server (hive) setup with a minimum buy in and for every PvP based kill you get you earn 0.001 as like the RuneScape server.

So now for the RTS fans; how about betting on live DOTA and LoL matches ?

Put simply, any game you think of, i will be able to integrate BTC betting in to it.

Soooo, thoughts ? ideas ? and most importantly! do i have support from you guys!?
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:44:50 AM

Good idea, but it would be hard to implement unless you create the whole game yourself Smiley
duxZero (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:46:59 AM

To be honest any game worth integrating will be easy to manage (:
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 10:49:15 AM

This has been tried before, I've forgotten the name of it but there was a game that ended up getting lots of hackers on it etc. and then it eventually shut down, you're going to have to have a serious look at security if you do something like this. You also need to take game balance account because if people are playing for money then they're definitely going to notice what's the most powerful weapon in the game etc. and then everyone will just end up using that.
duxZero (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:54:54 AM

Valid point and iv already made note of this, i have a few ways to improve security and a few methods to almost eliminate hackers.

In regards to over powered weapons; they can be managed and altered in the beta before we fully introduce the BTC's
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 02:37:16 PM

Good idea, It would be fun if you use Bitcoin to buy guns in CS instead of cash...
wheelgator

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:42:48 PM

like this?

http://www.leetcoin.com/

duxZero (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:12:39 PM

They only have 1 game and a really bad concept. But yes, like that.
rogue13

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:34:16 PM

What ever you do, start with a simple game that has a open source code base and keep the investment limit small. This will allow you to find bugs in your concept and discover errors in your design before they become big issues and everyone abandons it. And I agree with the person who said it would be hard to do without writing the game from scratch. The level of integration you would need for it to be secure would involve changes in the code of the game/game server not to mention validation that the players are not running their own version of the game code.
awolf

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:27:18 AM

I like the idea, but a system would have to be put into place to stop 'veteran' members from preying upon and farming new members for BTC. The prime example of this is veteran DayZ players. They often take out mid-low geared players just because, and if they actually got real-world boosts from it, low-geared players would never be able to actually gear up.
duxZero (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:54:23 AM

Agreed, will need a ranking system with maybe limits to each rank to keep the games level.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:04:45 AM

Already been done. It's called leetcoin and there are tonnes of hackers and cheaters.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:37:45 AM

Check this game out... http://ancientbeast.com/

You can donate bitcoin... It would be awesome if you could bet on matches with it though.
Occurrency

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:44:19 AM

I think it's a great idea if it can be implemented effectively. There are so many console games I've played competitively that I wish there was a way to make bets on them, online.

I think bitcoin could definitely help make something like this happen. There's probably a way for a third-party who hasn't made the games to do it. No idea of the legal implications though
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 06:56:21 AM

This is a very nice idea but it will be almost impossible to implement. There will be hundreds of hackers. I don't think there is a single game that you can do this with that will not be hacked. It has been done on mine craft (bit vegas) but that is not pvp...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 07:00:45 AM

Agreed, will need a ranking system with maybe limits to each rank to keep the games level.

once you put in a ranking system and levels the game is finished, sorry but progression based games are always going to be imbalanced, it's a mathematical fact that gamers never seem willing to admit.
SelbyTsang

Activity: 577
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:20:33 AM

The idea looks promising, but it will be a really big project and you will need to put in lots of effort for development and maintenance.

mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:25:41 AM

This is a very nice idea but it will be almost impossible to implement. There will be hundreds of hackers. I don't think there is a single game that you can do this with that will not be hacked. It has been done on mine craft (bit vegas) but that is not pvp...

Check this one out, not competitive... but minecraft for bitcoins.

http://minecraftcc.com/index.php?threads/get-paid-to-play-minecraft.4613/
sofakingdom

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:30:43 AM

good idea, but like others, i think this would be hard to implement/catch on

duxZero (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:23:16 AM

To be honest, hackers will be somewhat easy to manage/weed out, its how you manage and detect them that count, as well as how you payout.

With saying that, implementing BTC's into the games i have in mind wont be to hard to do or manage.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: