Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:58:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 40 Second Bitcoin Commercial on YouTube  (Read 3430 times)
ofirbeigel (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 01:06:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoNfei-mPQ
 Tongue

99Bitcoins - We translate Bitcoin into plain English.

Bitrated user: ofir.
vandeam

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:09:45 PM

Fucking Awesome Commercial!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 07:21:06 PM

OMFG!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:23:29 PM

Damn, no punches held.  I like it Grin

gurcani

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:26:37 PM

I was thinking exactly this when the police was attacking us in Gezi Park.

Great video! Good Job!
ofirbeigel (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 07:45:13 PM

Glad you liked it.

99Bitcoins - We translate Bitcoin into plain English.

Bitrated user: ofir.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:51:47 PM

StormCloudsGathering?
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

oh please, don't be ridiculous. You didn't pay for those police equipment, the rich and powerful did.
47% of Americans pay net zero tax, and I bet 90%+ of the "occupy/protesters" fall into this category.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
BitTrade

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

Bitcoin is not the (only) solution. With Bitcoin there are still taxes ...

Only if you choose to continue to accept the legitimacy of the system. 
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:23:38 PM

Yup, but the system is awfully powerful. It can take away many of my rights such as physical freedom, all my holdings and (in some cases) eve violate my physical integrity. Next to that others pay already: my employer send my income taxes directly to the IRS and there is not a thing I can do about it. Except leaving the employer and either (1) find someone who would be willing to break the law and pay me directly. (Probably resulting in a reduced income which is lower than had I paid taxes) or (2) work for myself and have the IRS up my ass later why I didn't report any income. Further this is just income tax. Just try not to pay VAT or dividend tax for example.

Starting to use Bitcoin globally (so one man at a time) is something a democratic government can do nothing about. So THAT is much more likely to succeed.

I would have to agree, Bitcoin can't do it alone.  I'm just waiting for that moment when we're all on the same page; then we can finally say, "The emperor has no clothes!" and start to make some progress.  However, Bitcoin does help a lot with this process; it turned me from a democrat to an anarchist.

SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:29:33 PM

Jesus... just what we need.  More extremism associated with an innovative, new technology (Bitcoin) that people don't understand.  Great way to gain acceptance from the masses.

Please stop making a revolutionary/Libertarian association with Bitcoin.  I know the intentions are good, but it's not the way to "sell" the technology to people.  It scares normal people away with ease.  Ask any salesman.

EDIT: I say this as an experienced salesman.  This is NOT the way to present Bitcoin to people, to gain acceptance (unless they've already expressed their Libertarian viewpoint to you in private).
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:30:28 PM

I gotta admit I've never seen something like this. Smiley
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:32:16 PM

Jesus... just what we need.  More extremism associated with an innovative, new technology (Bitcoin) that people don't understand.  Great way to gain acceptance from the masses.

Please stop making a revolutionary/Libertarian association with Bitcoin.  I know the intentions are good, but it's not the way to "sell" the technology to people.  Ask any salesman.

I don't like salesmen. If something needs selling, there must be something wrong with it. Good things sell themselves, however you market it ...
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:33:37 PM

Please stop making a revolutionary/Libertarian association with Bitcoin.  I know the intentions are good, but it's not the way to "sell" the idea to people.

There are many ways to introduce this technology to people.  This obviously clicks with many; unless you'd like to claim libertarians aren't people, we can agree that this is a way to sell the idea to people.  We will never agree there is one, pure, ultimate way for Bitcoin to fit all people.

Also, extremism is subjective; anything which is against the norm is extreme.  Being pro-freedom about slavery at any point in time before the 1700's was extremism, yet people who do believe in owning slaves nowadays are now extremists.  My point is, it's a word that means nothing.

SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:35:03 PM

Please stop making a revolutionary/Libertarian association with Bitcoin.  I know the intentions are good, but it's not the way to "sell" the technology to people.  Ask any salesman.

I don't like salesmen. If something needs selling, there must be something wrong with it. Good things sell themselves, however you market it ...

"Good things sell themselves"

Remarkably not true, actually.  It's all how you present it.  You don't need to bullshit people, but when you talk like this you create an image in their mind that isn't positive.  It's the truth.  You come off as extreme, unpredictable... not trustworthy. 
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:36:12 PM

"Good things sell themselves"

Remarkably not true, actually.  It's all how you present it.  You don't need to bullshit people, but when you talk like this you create an image in their mind that isn't positive.  It's the truth.  You come off as extreme, unpredictable... not trustworthy. 

It's a matter of speed. If the idea is good, it will surface, but bad marketing techniques can delay it a lot.
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

Please stop making a revolutionary/Libertarian association with Bitcoin.  I know the intentions are good, but it's not the way to "sell" the idea to people.

There are many ways to introduce this technology to people.  This obviously clicks with many; unless you'd like to claim libertarians aren't people, we can agree that this is a way to sell the idea to people.  We will never agree there is one, pure, ultimate way for Bitcoin to fit all people.

Also, extremism is subjective; anything which is against the norm is extreme.  Being pro-freedom about slavery at any point in time before the 1700's was extremism, yet people who do believe in owning slaves nowadays are now extremists.  My point is, it's a word that means nothing.

Agreed.  I'm Libertarian myself.  It's just frustrating when I see Bitcoin presented in this way, because most people aren't Libertarian.  They have prejudices.  You don't have to like them, but you need to "play the game", psychologically.  Presenting Bitcoin as some Libertarian, extremist movement frightens most people, whether you believe in that movement or not.  Any PR firm would tell you this.  There are much better, less "scary" ways of presenting Bitcoin on it's own merits.  You need to understand your typical audience your trying to "sell" on Bitcoin, and then adjust your pitch appropriately.  If you think you're not "selling" Bitcoin to people, you're gravely mistaken.  "Selling" is not about being a used car salesman.  It's about people and speaking their language.

Example:  What's one thing as a salesman you wouldn't bring up in small chit chat, because it's likely to be a contentious subject?   Politics
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:41:46 PM

because most people aren't Libertarian.  They have prejudices. 

You see the problem? Just wait for them to become Libertarians.

Just as with atheism. Atheism is slowly growing and patience is the only sure way to succeed.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:42:52 PM

Agreed.  I'm Libertarian myself.  It's just frustrating when I see Bitcoin presented in this way, because most people aren't Libertarian.  They have prejudices.  You don't have to like them, but you need to "play the game", psychologically.  Presenting Bitcoin as some Libertarian, extremist movement frightens most people, whether you believe in that movement or not.  Any PR firm would tell you this.  There are much better, less "scary" ways of presenting Bitcoin on it's own merits.  You need to understand your typical audience your trying to "sell" on Bitcoin, and then adjust your pitch appropriately.  If you think you're not "selling" Bitcoin to people, you're gravely mistaken.  "Selling" is not about being a used car salesman.  It's about people and speaking their language.

That's all.   Grin

Hah!  You fooled me Grin  But you made your point beautifully.

gurcani

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:47:47 PM

oh please, don't be ridiculous. You didn't pay for those police equipment, the rich and powerful did.
47% of Americans pay net zero tax, and I bet 90%+ of the "occupy/protesters" fall into this category.

Who pays net zero tax? Even as a graduate student I was paying ridiculous amount of tax when I was in the US.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3505
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: