Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:44:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elon Musk says goodbye to facebook  (Read 526 times)
Bourbon44 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:34:48 PM

Today Elon Musk closed all of his company pages on the site and Cambridge Analytica is in a lot of trouble: https://medium.com/algebraix-data/will-data-privacy-be-the-death-of-facebook-3adb383a9aae

With that said, I think we all know that our personal data is being used for profit. This really begs the question: how can we protect our data??

I think that these recent events have opened the door for projects like Algebraix where they're a permission-based advertising platform. You get paid to watch ads and provide info for advertisers. https://algebraix.io/

Thoughts on this??
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:19:30 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 12:49:21 AM by Baofeng

Today Elon Musk closed all of his company pages on the site and Cambridge Analytica is in a lot of trouble: https://medium.com/algebraix-data/will-data-privacy-be-the-death-of-facebook-3adb383a9aae

With that said, I think we all know that our personal data is being used for profit. This really begs the question: how can we protect our data??

I think that these recent events have opened the door for projects like Algebraix where they're a permission-based advertising platform. You get paid to watch ads and provide info for advertisers. https://algebraix.io/

Thoughts on this??

I think they are really in a big messed here and to do damaged control. He immediately shut it down to prevent further complications of the said issues.

I think this is the part and parcel of new technology, everyone is really expose and could be exploited without us knowing it at the background. With the advent and advancement of technology around, its really hard to have our information protection, as one time of another we have inadvertently giving too much privacy than can be exploited. I guess everyone should really be careful and this messed should give us a good lessons to protect our data at all cost.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:09:56 AM

I am sure there will be a lot of headlines like this one coming up for other big companies or people who currently use Facebook as they need to make their statement.

The question is, will they stay gone? Most of the supposed outrage over this is fake as basically all companies use and abuse the user information they acquire.

I suspect many of the Facebook defections will quietly re-enable their accounts some months down the road after the news cycle has completed.
Reset779

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:13:39 AM

That's it. FB is heading down the drain fast.

I was saying on reddit that FB was around for lke a decade or so, and in internet terms that's almost three decades.

They had a really good run. No need for Zuck and his peeps to try to hang on to a sinking ship. They made billions. Just exit.

I've never run a super successful company like that (who has?) but I can't understand why they don't want to just drop ship. Like, how much money could you really need in this life that you'd stress over that much just to save a company that's already made you that much money?

But then again, without FB, I'm not sure where people will flock to. Twitter and IG are probably the most popular social media after FB, but they're only good for flash updates and pictures. FB was the "wholesome" social media that had the profile pic, bio, everything like that.

WILL MYSPACE STEP IT UP? XD
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:28:26 AM

I just read this 2 hours ago. I also have this  Grin

kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:34:42 AM

He deleted  Tesla and Space X facebook, as a man does. Maybe you don't know that facebook use user's information to earn money daily but you receive back nothing. Time to quit facebook and join some other social platforms.
Some of my suggestions are,
steemit.com - pay for what you write.
Friendz - pay for your pictures.
and others platforms are under developing

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:14:43 AM

Facebook seems to be entering deep problems, and I am really happy for that.
As a company that few weeks ago decided to block all cryptocurrencies related ads, they just destroy everything that may aim to kill their business, and they are not open for anything new.
After the security measures in Facebook that revealed a lot of users profiles, now Elon Musk leaving is a huge mess for them, would be happy to see how can they get out from the situation.
ND

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:41:09 AM

I do not bother about my personal data in social networks including Facebook. But I do not use Facebook in bounty promotion actions because there are a lot of demands to your acc and it could be simply banned!
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

Facebook is now getting big turmoil, with so many important people in every country that set it up, this is a big mess for Facebook right now, there is news that will involve important people in every country to discuss this issue.
of course the incident faced by Facebook is against the law that already exists in every country that is agreed upon.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

Even I just read that Elon musk deleted his facebook pages don't quite know was it for data leak or something but yea he deleted his pages. Recently I have also been reading about this Facebook data leak and it is sad to see how our data can easily be leaked from social media pages. In these current days of the Internet and social media leakage of personal data has always been a hot topic. Honestly whatever we try to encrypt the users data there would be someone sitting in a room finding another way to leaking the data.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:16:15 PM

Data leak is a huge factor. But Facebook is the world's largest social media site and the most popular by those glitch Facebook will be more secured.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:49:51 PM

I never had a facebook page. I hated the fact how they were being financed and how big of a puppet Zuckerberg was. Not to mention the censorship...
I'm glad people are starting to wake up. We are going the wrong way with all this social media hype. Long ago they had to put some effort into finding out what you're spending money on, your habits, places you visit, people you know. Now you're serving it all on a silver platter for agencies, stalkers, thieves and so on.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:30:57 PM

Even I just read that Elon musk deleted his facebook pages don't quite know was it for data leak or something but yea he deleted his pages.

It's not a leak. They allowed for that company to use them to gather data. This did not happen overnight, they were gathering data through a survey that FB kept there. And all this while they're censoring people's comments and closing profiles if they like it. Youtube is doing a similar thing. Musk made a good choice, privacy should be a priority for us.
Recently I have also been reading about this Facebook data leak and it is sad to see how our data can easily be leaked from social media pages. In these current days of the Internet and social media leakage of personal data has always been a hot topic. Honestly whatever we try to encrypt the users data there would be someone sitting in a room finding another way to leaking the data.

Somebody is finding a way to leak our data? Cheesy
It's not like that. People want the world to see their personal life and don't realise what this may lead to. Like with "the fappening" or some other case where private photos or videos of people got out into the public and harmed their image.
In this case the data was used by Russia to target FB users with political advertising.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:44:27 PM

Well,for years there have been concerns about how user data can be protected from passage on to third parties.We have come a long way to still have our data circulated and used by people we don't know and worse of it they make money we won't have a share in.Lets see how this project helps solve this.

thatkid1

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:58:19 PM

Elon musk got iron balls. The show is just starting.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:32:16 PM

I see the main flaw as being the structure of our political systems. Political success and survival are measured in terms monetary profit rather than serving the public good. Politics is often defined in terms of being a race to the bottom where politicians who are most willing to sell out their own values and morals will have the greatest success and highest likelihood of survival. Circumstances need to be re-structured away from special interests and lobbyist funding defining which laws are passed and how things are prioritized for issues like data sharing to get the attention they deserve.

The media and sources of information dissemination also need to become more independent to ensure there's less of an agenda being pushed and that people are better informed and able to make better decisions / support the correct policies. If it ever happens, it'll be a long hard road and there is no quick fix or magic solution to fixing everything.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:38:30 PM

Even I just read that Elon musk deleted his facebook pages don't quite know was it for data leak or something but yea he deleted his pages. Recently I have also been reading about this Facebook data leak and it is sad to see how our data can easily be leaked from social media pages. In these current days of the Internet and social media leakage of personal data has always been a hot topic. Honestly whatever we try to encrypt the users data there would be someone sitting in a room finding another way to leaking the data.
This is my main concern on putting up personal informations in online world because anytime those things will surely have data leak, since they do have all the access when It comes to personal informations of a certain individual and if they do like to get some info then they are capable enough.Talking towards this decision then its his own choice since we do know the risk on data leak which isn't really surprising and this is why I don't really put up valid information about me even on fb.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:05:32 PM

I saw that there was a way to export the data they collect on you. I also do see lots of potential in algebraix and their whole idea. Will have to look into this. Does anyone know their website/telegram/ann??
Bitcoin-Turkiye

Activity: 1667
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:08:27 AM

how can we protect our data??

I want to answer.

of course, not using facebook. This is the best solution..

we should not even use a social platform,  except for the bitcointalk forum Smiley

Turkey Asic miner Best Seller Telegram @Miningci
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:17:32 AM

Thoughts on this??

Isn't it obvious? Google, Facebook and all the websites that we input a search on, even our browsers are selling us! Haven't you guys noticed that if you searched, for example, baby clothes every ad you will ever see is about baby products! The problem is that they are also colluding and selling to each other the data. Another example, if you search on Google baby products, when you get on your facebook, all the ads you see are also baby product! That's just plain scary! Last example, when you go to a particular website like toysrus.com without using a search but just plainly visited the URL from your chrome browser for the first time, when you get back to Google and Facebook, what do you see? You guessed it, ads for toys!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: