Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-central.net prices?  (Read 1115 times)
NickNick (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:30:39 PM

How come Bitcoin-central.net prices are so high? Currently, about 143€/BTC (even higher than MtGox not to mention the different available indices ). Is there any risk associated?
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:19:28 PM

How come Bitcoin-central.net prices are so high? Currently, about 143€/BTC (even higher than MtGox not to mention the different available indices ). Is there any risk associated?
Maybe because it's some European BTC service?  No wonder the prices are high. Everything in Europe is expensive and taxed the shit out of.

I say you say fuck it and switch to coinbase.com.

I hear Mt.Gox is unreliable too...
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:10:12 PM

Maybe because withdrawals are not working at the moment, at least not for me. Waiting for one 2 weeks already.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 04:21:30 PM

Maybe because withdrawals are not working at the moment, at least not for me. Waiting for one 2 weeks already.
Withdrawals ARE working.
BC's banking partner has a problem with your particular wire request but that does not mean other wires are not going out.
Your problem will be sorted out so there is no need to infer things that are not facts.
Besides the price sur mtgox is 154.52 € right now while it is 153 € sur BC.
BC prices have been consistently lower by a fair albeit fluctuating spread relative to gox since the relaunch of BC.

iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:13:41 PM

For me it's a fact: I'm missing 2000 EUR, ticket is not answered, there's no contact phone/address on the website (is this even legal ?) I can call/visit and discuss this with somebody. I will infer things on a publlc forum, if that draws attention and speeds things up, even if it's not something I like to do.

I do appreciate the interface and I like bitcoin-central, the service was always ok and the problems were handled professionally. Now after the re-launch I get this, with no communication whatsoever and only vague answers like 'this will be handled'. You can do more than this, I'm sure it's nothing but lack of transparence. But boy is this annoying to be in the dark.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: