Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 09:25:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin News > 20% of University Students Use Financial Aid to Buy Cryptocurren  (Read 116 times)
XGlobalNetwork (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:39:31 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/students-696x300.jpg

The Student Loan Report asserted, “Student loan borrowers would be able to pull off such a maneuver because they are given their remaining student loan funds to be used on ‘living expenses.’ Sometimes, student debtors borrow more than they end up needing for that semester of classes. Once the borrower’s college or university’s financial aid office uses the necessary financial aid to pay for courses, they send a refund check to the borrower.”

College borrowers’ spending of the money isn’t tracked officially, allowing whatever is leftover to be spent in the manner preferred by the debtor. Another contributing factor is student loan debt payments usually do not occur until after graduation, and typically six months after.

Savvy or Stupid?
“Cryptocurrency was the hottest investment of 2017,” Mr. Cloud detailed, “especially for young Americans, so it is easy to understand why many college borrowers would think it was a savvy way to spend their refund checks. Some might have even figured that they would be able to quickly pay off their student debt because not long ago every single virtual currency was experiencing seemingly unstoppable growth.”

20% of University Students Use Financial Aid to Buy Cryptocurrency

Noticeably missing from the survey are data regarding how much the average university student spent of their financial aid on cryptocurrency. It also would’ve been interesting to find out which cryptocurrency students favored.

“Could they have used spent, or even saved, this money more prudently?,” Mr. Cloud mused. “Absolutely. ​A perfect example would be stowing that money away in a high-yield savings account that they could later use to chip away at their student debt. But there is always the chance that there is another period of explosive growth for virtual currency, and these borrowers will be laughing all the way to the bank. Or, they could just as easily lose all of that financial aid money that they just invested in Bitcoin.”
davis196

Activity: 3024
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:05:05 AM

I guess that this is old news.2017 was the ultimate crypto year,but the situation is completely different this year.I think that the number of American students,who will invest in cryptocurrencies,using their refund checks will decrease significally.This story reminds me about the story of a british student,who was using free electricity from his University to mine cryptocurrencies.It`s easier for the woung people to adopt cryptocurrencies.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:21:53 AM

I think it's a stupid move, investing with the money that you need is just risky move, if the price go up then you are safe but if the price go down then you are doomed and it is going to add more debt to your life, why you need to make your life more stressful, I know crypto currencies seems so profitable, but in reality alot of people losing a lot of money
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:14:15 AM

I think it's a stupid move, investing with the money that you need is just risky move, if the price go up then you are safe but if the price go down then you are doomed and it is going to add more debt to your life, why you need to make your life more stressful, I know crypto currencies seems so profitable, but in reality alot of people losing a lot of money
You are right, how will the students fate if the money is lost a lot? crypto high risk for users with limited money who just started investing. I think it's irrelevant given the state of crypto that is so volatile every day, better invest to real like bank deposits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: