Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance Provide 10 Million Dollars Rewards To Capture Hackers  (Read 213 times)
dealung (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:13:31 AM

Given the recent hacking, Binance offered $ 250,000 to anyone who helped to find the whereabouts of the hackers, who had tried to sabotage them. The prize will be paid at BNB or Binance Coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dklinov

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:25:22 AM

Honestly, I don't think this gonna help to catch the hackers. Out of 100% hacks, only a few percentage got cought, and usually those are less experienced. Therefore, unless someone gives them up, no chance for Binance to catch those who tried to hack it. Good luck though! Hopefully, those bold ones will be caught and penalized as deserved.
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:30:51 AM

Given the recent hacking, Binance offered $ 250,000 to anyone who helped to find the whereabouts of the hackers, who had tried to sabotage them. The prize will be paid at BNB or Binance Coin.
And straight all still rushed to the search, it's not even looking for a needle in the hay. The idea is correct, and what else they could do, just the result of its obvious and about the stolen money can be forgotten.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:42:43 AM

And straight all still rushed to the search, it's not even looking for a needle in the hay. The idea is correct, and what else they could do, just the result of its obvious and about the stolen money can be forgotten.
Since crypto, if fully encrypted with the algorithm and it will be sodifficult to be traced. Coinchecked was paid the user's amount with their reserve funds. And that was also happening with Mtgox to pay the creditors with company's profit from run the service for several years.

The result is obvious. You're right they just need to forget. Or this is becoming the last bet.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

I'm starting to see why they call crypto the wild west ... so about that 10 Million Dollars reward to capture Billy the Kid the hackers, is that for death or alive ?  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

Binance can even form a group of white hackers with the money it make in one day. They must start such foundations to protect and inform investors and fight against illegal activity.
Whiplash450

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Honestly, I don't think this gonna help to catch the hackers. Out of 100% hacks, only a few percentage got cought, and usually those are less experienced. Therefore, unless someone gives them up, no chance for Binance to catch those who tried to hack it. Good luck though! Hopefully, those bold ones will be caught and penalized as deserved.

we will not know before anyone tries. every behavior or act of course there are traces. because there is no that system
ahmed

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:06:28 AM

suggest I'd better binance to report to the FBI about the incident because it is a big crime and ordinary people may find it very difficult to find the perpetrator.
Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

Why the title is "10 Million Dollars Rewards" but the bounty is only $250k? How could that be? Would that be available to 40 Hackers to be caught?
Rano

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

They just do it to show initiative. Probably the hackers won't be captured or found.
Only thing we can do against hackers is to keep password, private keys, but also APIs safe to increase the security. It still won't give 100% security though.
That's why I keep most of my coins/tokens which I'm not trading on my ledger nano.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:38:38 PM

Bittrex might as well offer a million dollars for some reward too in catching spammers and cheaters. You know they can just make Tethers out of thin air, as Binance can with their almighty BNB tokens.

I would not be surprised if they already did catch one or two people, and maybe those people would offer themselves up for the reward. Everything in centralized crypto is a shade over our eyes. These are not the good guys, friends.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:50:25 PM
Merited by flashbit (1)

this is starting to look strangely familiar and extremely suspicious to be honest!

usually when an exchange gets hacked, based on history, there is a good chance that they are lying and it was they robbed their users not a hacker robbing them and users. ... this is first suspicion.

when the exchanges continue to pull these publicity stunts like offering a ridiculous amount of money ($10 million) reward instead of hiring some people and paying them a LOT less to do the job, that increases the suspicion even more.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Hssn

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:53:47 PM

Binance offered a 250k which is very big amount also a good move.
Many exchanges, mining sites are facing ddos attack loosing millions.
Hope this will work for them to catch those hackers.
blumkinnn

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:05:00 PM

They offered a reward for the head of a hacker, did they review militants? I wonder if it will work in the real world.

Trimzi

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:31:50 PM

Now we are talking. They should invest that money in security, I hope that they will now. I don't think that catching hackers is possible or they could catch them all.
Do you have some link to this news?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:51:41 PM

this is starting to look strangely familiar and extremely suspicious to be honest!

usually when an exchange gets hacked, based on history, there is a good chance that they are lying and it was they robbed their users not a hacker robbing them and users. ... this is first suspicion.

when the exchanges continue to pull these publicity stunts like offering a ridiculous amount of money ($10 million) reward instead of hiring some people and paying them a LOT less to do the job, that increases the suspicion even more.

For what I read they get stole worth about $700 million since the start of this year, so yes, definitely this amount is ridiculous and don't give trust in binance. We will see..
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:59:44 PM

For what I read they get stole worth about $700 million since the start of this year, so yes, definitely this amount is ridiculous and don't give trust in binance. We will see..
I do not think so, Binance is very reputable and never fake news. The money they have lost is true and they are trying to investigate the crime. My friends and I are also in the process of identifying the criminals. Work is really hard and $ 10m is a very worthwhile figure.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

If someone realy hacked them that person is probably dead buy now in some ditch same goes if it was inside job.Imo this looks more like a marketig trick or miss direction from other side that is better not to be revealed
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:53:11 PM

I think such announcements are showing that Binance exchange here for a long time. They proactively trying to punish anyone who can cast a shadow on their reputation showing it's users that they are safe with them.
supremnoob

Activity: 305
Merit: 106

Bored....

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 03:58:54 PM

So, let's make a group and try to get the money

PALM BEACH: 100.000 MEMBERS | $1.000.000 GIVEAWAY | FRIENDLY SIGNALS. 50% PRICE OFF. JOIN TODAY !
ONE TIME PAYMENT  ◉LIFE TIME ACCESS  ◉LIVE SUPPORT  ◉DAILY DISCOUNTS  ◉LEGENDARY SIGNALS
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: