Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMALL MINING FARM PROBLEM, ASUS RX470 4GB MINING EDITION  (Read 268 times)
roninwt (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:31:57 PM

Dear comunity,

I make this post because we are trying to make a small mining farm with 100 rigs. this are the spec:

- ASUS RX470 4GB MINING
- ASROCK H110
- CELERON G3930
- 4GB DDR4
- 2 X CORSAIR RM1000X/I

https://i.imgur.com/boVIGuL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TDhLVtA.jpg

We got also few rigs with Nvidia 1070 and 1080ti, works perfectly. but now making this new project we found those issues:

- Randomly crashed rigs, we use simplemining OS and Ethos. I'm pretty sure that there are not defects on those rigs, until they were moved to the big place they work months without crash. Now we encounter randoms crash in differents rigs everyday. Do you know if possible both OS cause trouble on the same LAN?

- We ordered from asus the most part of our GPUs, the RX470 4gb mining edition. Since now all we mount are ELPIDA memories.

https://i.imgur.com/kPSWK9c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HnfmOEw.jpg

We modded the bios very carefully, they seems to work with the mems (1900 and 1000mv) and leaving automatic voltage on gpu, timings are set on 1500 straps. We tryied to do more undervolting on mem but seems to crash, also gpu without automatic voltages give lots of problems.

About 10% of the total gpu lot are defective, they don't mine even with stock settings, they crash to 0 mhs on claymore. Do you guys have any clue on this?

I will be very thanksfull if anyone could provide me support on this. Any details you need please ask me.

Best regards,

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:45:50 PM

You probably can't mod them all with ELPIDA memories (elpida is the worst for rx470 btw) especially if the actual memory chip in the GPU is not elpida. You must mod your GPUs with memory corresponding to what the GPU actually has. E.g. if your GPU is originally a hynix or samsung, you can't BIOS mod it with Elpida.

Also, not lowering voltage is also a bad idea. You will be running GPUs with higher power consumption and temps will be higher.
roninwt (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:09:53 AM

You probably can't mod them all with ELPIDA memories (elpida is the worst for rx470 btw) especially if the actual memory chip in the GPU is not elpida. You must mod your GPUs with memory corresponding to what the GPU actually has. E.g. if your GPU is originally a hynix or samsung, you can't BIOS mod it with Elpida.

Also, not lowering voltage is also a bad idea. You will be running GPUs with higher power consumption and temps will be higher.

Thank you very much for your response. all the memories are Elpida, which you think will be the best setting? which voltage would you do?

Regards,
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Thank you very much for your response. all the memories are Elpida, which you think will be the best setting? which voltage would you do?

Regards,

To be safe, i'd say 905 core clock then 910 memory clock. To get the best and most optimal power efficiency and profitability, you have to tweak each card slowly. From 905/910 try to do -2/-2 while making it run for around 10-20minutes. If it crashes while mining, go back +2/+2 on your voltage. Good luck and nice farm btw! Congratulations.
roninwt (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:23:35 PM

To be safe, i'd say 905 core clock then 910 memory clock. To get the best and most optimal power efficiency and profitability, you have to tweak each card slowly. From 905/910 try to do -2/-2 while making it run for around 10-20minutes. If it crashes while mining, go back +2/+2 on your voltage. Good luck and nice farm btw! Congratulations.

Thank you very much! We got randoms crash on other rigs, they work perfectly until they were moved to this place. i'm bet about electricity problems, could be possibe?

Best regards
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 02:09:45 AM

Thank you very much! We got randoms crash on other rigs, they work perfectly until they were moved to this place. i'm bet about electricity problems, could be possibe?

Best regards

If you believe the cause for random crashes is an unstable electric grid, then you can use extension cords that have built-in surge protectors and voltage regulators. These usually handle small fluctuations and keep your rig running regardless.

Sharing this based on personal experience. Seems like on of my outlets before shared some wires with a house lights. Whenever i turned a light bulb on, the rig would restart. Moving the rig to the extension cord fixed the problem.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
roninwt (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:53:34 AM

If you believe the cause for random crashes is an unstable electric grid, then you can use extension cords that have built-in surge protectors and voltage regulators. These usually handle small fluctuations and keep your rig running regardless.

Sharing this based on personal experience. Seems like on of my outlets before shared some wires with a house lights. Whenever i turned a light bulb on, the rig would restart. Moving the rig to the extension cord fixed the problem.

Thank you for your answer. All rigs have voltage and tension protection, so maybe the error come from the LAN? i use right now 2 SO at same time, simplemining and Ethos, it's possible they cause conflict in the same net?

Best regards,
balla69

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 09:28:02 PM

Hi, i've some asus mining 470 4 gb and also i have much crash and malfunctioned with this gpu.

i need a favor as you have a lot of asus mining.

i lost the original bios and i can't find them on the net.

you would do me a great favor to send me a copy of the bios (s) of the asus mining 470 4 gb

it is an unfortunate model ..... I'm going crazy with it .... the strangest situations occur with these gpu ...

thanks

and ..... merry christmas
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 11:56:32 AM

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/bios-flashing/

Here you will find everything you need

Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 12:39:55 PM

I'm guessing you are mining Ethereum? The 4gb video memory is too low to mine Ethereum right now, switch to other Ethash Algorithm to see if it will crash or not, you can also mine Ethereum Classic, the latest modded algorithm can accept 3gb vram GPUs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: