Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal canceled my account and holding all my funds because I was selling miners  (Read 4852 times)
ldtran26 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

Someone please help, I just found out my paypal account has been disband because I was selling miners on ebay. This is complete bs because i shipped everything and got good feedback on all my transactions! now Paypal is holding close to 6k of my money and won't release it for 180 days!!! wtf??? is there anything I can do to fight this?
This is the email they sent me.
For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.
We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.
If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.
Disbursement options
Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money in your PayPal account to refund them.
To refund your buyers: 1. Log in to your PayPal account. 2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page. 3. Click "Contact Customer Service." 4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money." 5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment." 6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.
Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Thanks,
PayPal

If anyone has this happened to them, can you pm me and tell me if you were able to get your fund back?
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:25:14 PM

Does that really surprise you after all those things that happened in the past?

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:43:43 PM

Paypal is one of the worst entities on this earth, this only furthers my confirmation that cryptographic currencies are needed. You have no idea how many people on ebay have actually delved into my bank account from paypal.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:33:17 AM

paypal sucks

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:20:48 AM

Well, I hate to say it, but there was a very good possibility that this was going to happen going into this.
Jabbatheslutt

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:36:20 AM

Urgh paypal sucks so much. I hope btc gets big enough to knock them off their perch.
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 09:16:39 AM

That sucks, never know paypal have so many restriction. What if I buy/sell BTC using paypal?
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:52:53 AM

That sucks, never know paypal have so many restriction. What if I buy/sell BTC using paypal?
They can't find out that you bought/sold anything, because there is just a sender and a receiver (when you are doing it right).
Example: You want to buy btc. You send an amount of money to the person you want to get btc from. This person sends you btc in exchange.
So the only thing that paypal knows in this case is that you sent an amount of money to someone. But they have no idea why.

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:55:09 AM

Paypal is useful for now but I'm hoping we'll see another alternative possibly Bitcoin related gain ground soon.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:12:34 AM

This thread is exactly why we need Bitcoin  Smiley

Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:17:31 AM

This thread is exactly why we need Bitcoin  Smiley
I wonder why he didn't sell his miners on Bitmit ^^

bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:22:18 AM

Selling Bitcoin Miners for FIAT... OP  Roll Eyes
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:22:52 AM

Selling Bitcoin Miners for FIAT... OP  Roll Eyes
Selling ANYTHING for FIAT...  Roll Eyes

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 11:27:13 AM

I lost over 5k USD to gaypal, I am so glad after that crap with them for 6 months I found bitcoin, end of story, the fact that you still trust them to use their services baffles me.
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:49:33 PM

Paypal can only see what u are buying on ebay. Are those equipment for miners or anything else. So if you bought some equipment they start ro suspect in you, and then they watch your acc what amount of money you recive or send .

majorX

Activity: 267

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:10:07 PM

Seems if noone chargeback in the next 180 days, you will be able to withdraw your remaining funds.

I recommend wait 180 days, withdraw your remaining funds and never use paypal anymore
Magazine

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:11:22 PM

Just hope no one does a charge back on you, if they do they will prob automatically win.
zerocode20

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:01:59 AM

I also learned that hard way about selling BTC/LTC related items on eBay. Lost almost $2k from scammers. PayPal has ZERO sympathy for BTC/LTC dealers of any kind. Seller Beware!

"That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character."
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:04:56 AM

The buyer will claim they never got the bitcoins and reverse the transaction.  Then they'll have their fiat and your bitcoins, and you'll have nothing.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:43:27 PM

The buyer will claim they never got the bitcoins and reverse the transaction.  Then they'll have their fiat and your bitcoins, and you'll have nothing.

yes its already described many time here on many threads some scammers doing tricks like these so paypal has no sympathy with bitcoins community becareful about this  Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: