Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do?  (Read 36205 times)
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:30:38 PM

Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

If i got an interest rate from 40 to 200 percent i sell it and i buy another altcoins with have cheaper price hold and wait again to increase their price into market and i resell it again. But do not believe 200 percent increase of coins are impossible may 100% they has possible.

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 10:31:45 PM

Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

It all depends on what I bought the coin for. If for the long term, I try as little as possible to monitor its course. If in the hope to earn fast, then definitely sell. The main thing in investing is to remember that you need to invest the money that you can safely lose and that will not worsen the conditions of the current life.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:32:45 PM

100% should be secured,and the rest should be hold so that if anything bad happens to your coin you didnt lose anything or if the coin has pumped to 1000% more you will have a lot of profits by not risking anything thats pretty decent amount of gains if you asked me because not everyday you will have that gain so you should secured when you are happy already.

JVC

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:36:52 PM

Sell your initial investment and let the rest ride with a trailing stop
cryptospear

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:42:02 PM

Secure your intitial investment which is the 100% then hold the other 100% if that coin is really worthy to hold for long term because you will never know when it will have 1000% gains so you need to allocate something in the future,do not sell it off so that you will still have some passive income in the future without risking anything.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:44:14 PM

IT always depend on the coin and on the project behind. If theres a airdrop shitcoin without any value, i would immediately sell them and please me. If it will be another coin which i buyed with my own money, its an othter story. It would depend when i buyed the coin, how much did he raised before and what for future potential he has. So when i buyed the coin on the ico and it get the double ico price, and im sure there more potential for the coin, i would not sell them. If theres another coin which i buyed late and the hast already raised 1000% before, i would sell him.
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:48:25 PM

Sell of course! People who do not care what happens to the markets lie and try to calm themselves. When you got a good profit, you should fix it. There is a rule that there is no endless growth!

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:48:37 PM

Never risk your investments too much,always take profits whenever you have a chance to avoid further losses,it will be much different because the markt has high volatililty your 200% gains might turned into -50% losses when you dont act fast,PND coins is normally going to be pumped just like that and then all of a sudden these people are going to dump its price so you need to be fast.

cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

Surely going to take the opportunity because not everyday we will have that huge gain,if the coin doesnt have any fundamentals it is morelikely a PND coin and you should get out fast or else you could lose a good opportunity and that 200% gain would be 50% losses or worst but if the coin you are holding has good fundamentals you should hold it because surely if that funda is strong you will have more gain.

Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:19:01 PM

If i'm a trader then i will sell it then i will buy the dip always. It's normal that people will pump and dump. Fast hand always win while weak hands will sold their token if it gets negative or having a hard time to hodl it they get panic in short.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

If I had that opportunity of 40%-200% I will utilized it graciously by selling some part of my portfolio in profit. For they say opportunity comes but ones. In the world of crypto such opportunity is very rare. Thanks

HOMT

Powered by,
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:43:22 PM

Really depends how much it dropped before that 40-200% growth ahaha, if you are true believer in that coin, just hodl and no worries..
muncuss

Activity: 635
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:52:47 PM

Really depends how much it dropped before that 40-200% growth ahaha, if you are true believer in that coin, just hodl and no worries..
you hodl and believe coz you looking for high price to sell, right? why not sell
rise 50% then sell half for buy at another dip

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

What was your intention when you bought it? Did you think you will hold it long time? What did it change? Is it going to affect it long-term or it is pump and dump?
This are the questions you have to answer before decide to sell or hold.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:31:13 AM

That was a good profit, even less than 40% of profit are still a profit. If you were a day traders you definitely sell your coin at that time.

However, if you do believed that value of your coin/token can raise more than that, you are going to HODL and sell at your desire value.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:35:43 AM

That is a huge price increase overnight.  I would sell some but not all.  Sell the tokens in increments because it's very difficult to nail the top price and you don't want to miss out on any additional profits. 
croTek4

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:00:03 AM

I'd call it a day and sell a good half. Then, if price goes down, I buy back what I sold and keep the difference to re-invest somewhere else. If the price goes up, i sell a good half of what remains, and so on. Sometimes, re-investing can be done in something that lost a lot of value, and that I already bought back everything, but this is rare

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
Jlv

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:18:37 AM

Well for me if that happens, i act quickly and sell my coins because this is the chance i have waiting for to earned good profit.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:20:50 AM

Well for me if that happens, i act quickly and sell my coins because this is the chance i have waiting for to earned good profit.

Same with me since now its difficult to gain such high profit so 40% is more than enough to get in one night.
After that, wait for the price correction again and buy back again in low price and do the same thing.
supergorg27

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:24:57 AM

I would really take advantage the chance to sell my coins if that happens because it is not always happen everyday.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: