Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trading  (Read 2464 times)
megaradux

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:10:10 AM

From my reading it seems that day trading involves moving in and out of trades quickly - how much would you need to be investing to make this worthwhile?  Over the last couple of months, things seem to be moving rather slowly?

I would say a minimum of $1000 will be a good start.
That beiing said, with that amount you can diversity and have a very well distributed porfolio.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:50:34 AM

The future of altcoins will be ok, and I expect a select few to survive the times, but new ones will always come and useless ones will always die during bearish times. In my opinion, it is better to do your own research too, and follow your instincts. However, articles and good blog posts can give you hints and you can have a look at the projects to make up your mind. Check out Eterbase. It is an exchange where each trading pair is deployed on a dedicated instance of an order matching engine to ensure high order processing and exceptionally low latency for all users.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:07:49 AM

Day trading is difficult now when altcoins are in a bear market. Unless you are very accurate in predicting the temporary bottoms, you have a higher chance of bag holding coins which may continue dropping. Another issue is the lack of liquidity if you are trading large amounts during this summer where many people have cashed out.
If there is an opportunity to play down (short), then you can earn good money in a falling market. Of course, most of the assets are HTB, but the main ones, such as BTC, ETH on some centralized exchanges, may be shorted.
Yes, the liquidity on the cryptomarket is too low. As far as remember, I did not trade more than 1000$. And it was hard. Only with a capitalization of more than 1000 million, liquidity will be minimally acceptable. It would be desirable, not due of new startups, but by the development of existing ones.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:10:10 AM

From my reading it seems that day trading involves moving in and out of trades quickly - how much would you need to be investing to make this worthwhile?  Over the last couple of months, things seem to be moving rather slowly?

That beiing said, with that amount you can diversity and have a very well distributed porfolio.

Some points I note that trading is risk and it is not everybody cup of tea . Be ready to take losses as well and hold for some months if required . You need to have Patience and not all trades will give you profits . You may have to book losses as well .
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:38:34 AM

Some points I note that trading is risk and it is not everybody cup of tea . Be ready to take losses as well and hold for some months if required . You need to have Patience and not all trades will give you profits . You may have to book losses as well .

That's why to minimize the risk and he must try to get the altcoin when it was reached the dip price. There was no reason not to do that consider more dip and that will give you a little risk to get lost.
The market is so unpredictable and this will be so long until there will be a new bubble will come

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:40:50 AM

Day Trading at least you earn +5%-10% of your money is good enough..
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:59:21 PM

Actually the current market conditions do not seem so bad for a daily trader, because the price of bitcoin has been moving at a fairly stable price range over the past few weeks, but this low volatility still allows it to generate a profitability of 10% daily on average.

It is true that people involved in cryptocurrency trading can see with some disdain a gain of this magnitude, because they have become accustomed to violent swings of 50% from one day to the next, but compared to other markets it is still quite appetizing.
arida_ds

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:21:43 PM

Depends on what you want in the end. There are long-term contracts with a large volume of investments, but also a large profit from them. The payback of this exceeds 200% per year.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
cuprice

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:43:38 AM

I do day trading but I usually do it seasonally depending on the Current market trend, I would advise you thread carefully especially in the current bearish market..
But I do support buying good coins to HODL for a long period of time, this valuable if you have time to gather TA.
I would advise for a newbie coming into the trading space,it's best you don't trade alone, find a group of like minded individuals who are more experienced to learn
Good suggestion and being a trader you should have a wider knowledge on the coins your dealing as this can loss your money if you miss the opportunity. Learn first the basic principles of a trader. Don't afraid to take the risk.
Scorpion777

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:52:05 AM

day trading on the crypto-currency market is very dangerous and unpredictable. I prefer to invest for a long time. this is the best strategy

─Switzerland─   CUSTOMCOIN TOKEN   ─Platform─

TOKEN █  [ccnowpro.com]  █ SALE
KnightX

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:50:14 AM

day trading on the crypto-currency market is very dangerous and unpredictable. I prefer to invest for a long time. this is the best strategy

Yeah I agree, but if you think about it it should be more predictable than stock markets. Because you can:

• see how many tokens are on the exchange
  • see big holders and their movements
  • monitor exchanges and their deposits/withdrawal transactions

All this information should help you make better decisions, I believe we should make more predictable then stock markets. I think (wild theory) most people are focusing on wrong information to focus,
all those signal groups / 17 y.o youtube traders / rumors.

I have created simple notification bot/app/platform for few tokens/markets deposits and test traded for lower risk trades, of course I can't make big enough sample of trades to say its working, but so far I'm satisfied with the outcome. That said I believe this bot/app/platform would be more powerful in hands of traders. // Disclaimer this is not solution which is  money factory, passive income or any other get rich quick scheme. I'm just relaying information straight to the user.
If you are interested you can check twitter, write me a Pm,  I'm now focusing on low market tokens as to POC.
Kebokantahu

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

I agree long-term investment is indeed the best choice to be able to get a bigger profit, basically both strategies will both be able to give us profits and have the risk of each on the traded coins. there is no harm in you also analyze a few other coins that have the potential to move quickly so you will be able to get a quick profit too.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:24:52 PM

Yeah I agree, but if you think about it it should be more predictable than stock markets. Because you can:

• see how many tokens are on the exchange
  • see big holders and their movements
  • monitor exchanges and their deposits/withdrawal transactions

How exactly can you see how many tokens are on the exchanges? Most exchanges
use hundreds of wallets, which makes it nearly impossible to determine how
many funds are actually at the exchange. If you try to determine the amount
by looking at the order book, you should be aware of the fact that many shady
exchanges use spoofing to give the impression of support "walls".

I also have no idea why you think that it is possible to see what the big holders
are up to. How would you track their movements? I don´t think that this
is doable and cryptocurrency trading markets are just as opaque as
stock market trading.
saaux

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

this can not be done in crypto. due to its fall in price. when the bear months of crypto are over. then we can trade day. Today's long term trade is what we can do. wait for market changes.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
KnightX

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:35:59 PM
Merited by RoooooR (1)

How exactly can you see how many tokens are on the exchanges? Most exchanges
use hundreds of wallets, which makes it nearly impossible to determine how
many funds are actually at the exchange. If you try to determine the amount
exchanges use spoofing to give the impression of support "walls".

I also have no idea why you think that it is possible to see what the big holders
are up to. How would you track their movements? I don´t think that this
is doable and cryptocurrency trading markets are just as opaque as
stock market trading.

I have to say, I'm speaking about ETH tokens,
"Most exchanges use hundreds of wallets", that's not true most of the centralized exchanges use few addresses (public) and have many internal addresses for tokens for example binance, they have https://etherscan.io/address/0x3f5ce5fbfe3e9af3971dd833d26ba9b5c936f0be#tokentxns, and few other token addresses. Thanks to transaction costs exchange can't have many public addresses, because then they would have calculate fees with transaction costs. Most of the transactions at centralized exchanges are done by internal transactions between internal addresses which are of course like you said untraceable. But that doesn't mean you don't know what is deposited to the exchange (withdrawals are thanks to the different withdrawal addresses difficult to tract but not impossible).

"If you try to determine the amount
exchanges use spoofing to give the impression of support "walls"."
Agreed, that can't be done.

"How would you track their movements?"
Same principle like exchanges, depends how many big holders there are I would argue in current state and network-speed, its possible to send, trader notification that "big holder" moved his money, even before the transaction is confirmed (for like top 50-100 holder addresses). You know then, who is sending tokens where and how much they're worth, obviously he can just send his tokens to exchange and back (or to the other address), just for fun, but how many big holders really do that.

shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:10:55 PM

We are having a trouble about the fees these days so I don't prefer day trading. I would prefer a long-term hold and take it slowly but surely. Day trading would be needing enough knowledge and understanding and it would take good skills to make it profitable.
milisada

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:07:13 PM

Each individual has their own ideas about good income, so some investors are satisfied with the yield of 5-10% per year of the invested amount. Of course this is a ridiculous amount for a teenager who is going to invest$ 100, but the imagination of this teenager has nothing to do with the pragmatism of dollar millionaires.
aversuz

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:12:37 PM

Depends on what is worthwhile for you. Some people may say that it is worthwhile even you gain 1 cent of profit. For a day trading, for its start, I think you won't need much money. Investigate the exchanges, find a coin that suits you with its price and potential and then go for it.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:28:38 PM

We are having a trouble about the fees these days so I don't prefer day trading. I would prefer a long-term hold and take it slowly but surely. Day trading would be needing enough knowledge and understanding and it would take good skills to make it profitable.
Should a trader swap directly every profit from day trading? I don't think so. They can save before reaching the target he wants, and till now I have never found someone who exchanges every profit he gets from day trading. Or another way, an income from your day trading you can buy tokens or coins and hold for long terms as you wish.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

Should a trader swap directly every profit from day trading? I don't think so. They can save before reaching the target he wants, and till now I have never found someone who exchanges every profit he gets from day trading. Or another way, an income from your day trading you can buy tokens or coins and hold for long terms as you wish.
in any case, before making a purchase and keeping acquisitions for a long time, you must first determine the object for your investment. This suggests that you need to be confident in the prospects of this or that project. Based on the current situation on the crypto-currency market, such a decision is difficult to take .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: