Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin rise  (Read 754 times)
Little-loli (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:18:27 PM

Everyday I see lots altcoins on Binance increase 10-40%, then I look at BTC dominance and it stays relativly the same around 44.3%. Are smaller altcoins just draining Ethereum, XRP, ADA, NEO and other big coins of their marketcap?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tree779

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:20:37 PM

you have a good point., but I think it's hard to judge right now since the market is so bearish. Analysts say we're in for a steeper crash. And after all the new FUD... I dunno.

I think that it's fair to say before this crash, BTC, eth, and other bigger altcoins have been steadily growing in volume and price. Despite that, smaller altcoins were growing too. That means i don't think they were draining the main alts.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:48:33 PM

Everyday I see lots altcoins on Binance increase 10-40%, then I look at BTC dominance and it stays relativly the same around 44.3%. Are smaller altcoins just draining Ethereum, XRP, ADA, NEO and other big coins of their marketcap?

Bitcoin is the stable coin right now. During the January alt boom, BTC dominance was as low as 30%.
Alt's are moving as always. You could see +10% and -10% in every other moment. They are draining mostly ETH now but it's still very strong, compared to 6 month ago.

Little-loli (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:56:51 PM

you have a good point., but I think it's hard to judge right now since the market is so bearish. Analysts say we're in for a steeper crash. And after all the new FUD... I dunno.

I think that it's fair to say before this crash, BTC, eth, and other bigger altcoins have been steadily growing in volume and price. Despite that, smaller altcoins were growing too. That means i don't think they were draining the main alts.

I only see ETH NEO and bigger coins going down in price quite hard actually. Unless I am wrong?
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:31:51 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
I was asking myself what to do when cryptocurrency goes down and found out that the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

yes, binance is a good exchange, I think if an altcoin only has a market in binance, then it is enough to get quality value.
then all altcoin present in the binance will become fertile.

yes, some small altcoins drain from big coins, but I think more altcoin does not drain big coins.

mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:14:41 PM

altcoins is only pumped up when they hit big exchanges like binance,upbit, bittrex.  Pumping will lasts for 2 days so better be on board before it went down again.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:31:15 PM

altcoin rise need bitcoin price incraese
very dificult altcoin incraese very high if bitcoin low price
doudou1110

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:43:52 PM

Obviously, the altcoins are recovering, which are recovering faster than btc and eth. I think it is a good chance to sell some altcoins since I think btc and ETH will pump later.

Tree779

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:14:51 AM

I only see ETH NEO and bigger coins going down in price quite hard actually. Unless I am wrong?

That's because of all the ICO ad ban FUD. (mostly)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:02:55 AM

Binance in this week is presenting a free of charge promo on his exchange. Of course, lots of people are rushing to buy altcoins there and transaction data present the existence of increasing. Maybe this is what you see, try to see next week what will happen in binance.

Similar to what I've seen lately they hit the floor hard and I have not seen any improvement in altcoin.

MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:15:24 AM

Obviously, the altcoins are recovering, which are recovering faster than btc and eth. I think it is a good chance to sell some altcoins since I think btc and ETH will pump later.

Well that is also a nice technique. Better hold your bitcoin and ethereum since the value is still down. But if your altcoins has a good value then you can sell it off now if you think it has a good profit from it.

akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:33:13 AM

when bitcoin rise mostly of the alts are going down, but some other times they are following bitcoin when it rises

Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

I don't expect alts to rise again till May-June (optimistic) or October-November (more realistic).

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:48:04 AM

Good theory i never saw it that way. It could possibly be true that investors are becoming more savy with cryptocurrencies and are diversifying by investing in smaller altcoins. However, they also reach the stage where they will be so frustrated by volatility that they will simply want a more stable investment vehicle and they will go back to bitcoin or ethereum. As usual, with time, everything will be ok.
SoulEaterRR

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:31:18 AM

Bitcoin has now practically stabilized at the same level, and this is a good indicator, unlike the altcoins, which are fevering every day. And the more we raise the more the fall.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:37:51 AM

Alts are pretty much repeating bitcoin's price. If you will look at the daily graphs you will see similar patterns. Smaller altcoins may rise due to pumps/good local news/etc, but all in all they are repeating bitcoin's pattern too.
archierabe100

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:54:08 AM

should i learn how to read the charts and can i trade coin without knowing the charts only seeing the looks of number in the charts?im newbie
goyald2801

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:11:27 AM

hmm good point you noticed .
btc dominance is still only rising , but if you notice ETH dominance (marketcap) then it reduced dramatically in past 1 month .

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

Alt coin rising 10-40% is just the pumping, it doesn't stay at the top for a long time, and tend to go down pretty fast, but BTC is different, BTC is more stable and got a huge transactions volume, so for investment BTC is not that risky, and people that bought small alt coin is just looking for opportunity to make profit when the whale pump it up

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░