Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Completed]- Can anyone help me with BTC for some paypal? ~$300  (Read 247 times)
thatkid1 (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:19:11 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 05:22:03 AM by thatkid1

Hi, I'm kind of stuck with cashflow issues and need some help. A friend of mine will send some paypal, as friends and family payment from his ~10 year old verified paypal account and I need that as BTC to encash quickly. The friend is not familiar with crypto and the localbtc have a lot of other requirements.  If anyone can help me to convert the paypal into btc, let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:27:57 PM

You should move this to the currency exchange section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

Just to remind you, PayPal is a reversible and risky payment method. You are allowed to dispute transactions up to 180 days (yes, that's a ridiculously generous window of opportunity for a reversal) and if you used a credit card as funding source, you are also allowed 90 days to file a chargeback. This explains why, even if you have a clean, well-aged and verified PayPal account, deals involving PayPal are still approached with caution on this forum.

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:36:00 PM

Just to remind you, PayPal is a reversible and risky payment method. You are allowed to dispute transactions up to 180 days (yes, that's a ridiculously generous window of opportunity there) and if you used a credit card as funding source, you are also allowed 90 days to file a chargeback. This explains why, even if you have a clean, well-aged and verified PayPal account, deals involving PayPal are still approached with caution on this forum.

Hi, I'm not sure how to move this thread? Can you help me with that?

Regarding the paypal, the payment will be fnf, so I don't think we can dispute. I haven't done any dispute yet, so not sure about that. I can understand your chargeback concern too. But I'm not looking for a lot of money, just a $300 which I need urgently for some personal obligations. I'm doing business in this forum and have unpaid clients from here too. I can't simply run away.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:04:24 PM
Merited by thatkid1 (1)

Just to remind you, PayPal is a reversible and risky payment method. You are allowed to dispute transactions up to 180 days (yes, that's a ridiculously generous window of opportunity there) and if you used a credit card as funding source, you are also allowed 90 days to file a chargeback. This explains why, even if you have a clean, well-aged and verified PayPal account, deals involving PayPal are still approached with caution on this forum.

Regarding the paypal, the payment will be fnf, so I don't think we can dispute. I haven't done any dispute yet, so not sure about that. I can understand your chargeback concern too. But I'm not looking for a lot of money, just a $300 which I need urgently for some personal obligations. I'm doing business in this forum and have unpaid clients from here too. I can't simply run away.

You can move the thread from the “move topic” link found at the bottom left of the page.

Friends n Family payments can still be disputed. I know, because I’ve had two of them reversed, much to my surprise. You may want to ask @zazarb in his thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1092531.0) and explain your situation, along with PMing him proof of your dealings on the forums. He will charge a small premium, but he is extremely trustworthy. It may be worth a shot.

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:16:44 PM

You can move the thread from the “move topic” link found at the bottom left of the page.

Friends n Family payments can still be disputed. I know, because I’ve had two of them reversed, much to my surprise. You may want to ask @zazarb in his thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1092531.0) and explain your situation, along with PMing him proof of your dealings on the forums. He will charge a small premium, but he is extremely trustworthy. It may be worth a shot.

TIL, I moved the thread. I was not aware that fnf can be disputed.  To be frank, I haven't made any paypal dispute yet as the most of sellers were good or I do due diligence properly. I will ping him  and explain. Let's hop I can sort this soon. Thanks or the tips.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:21:18 PM

If he isn’t comfortable with helping you, I can sell you like $50 worth at a 6% premium above preev prices. I can do more potentially, but I would like to establish some trust with you first. Let me know what he says and if you’d like to conduct this trade.

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:37:30 PM

If he isn’t comfortable with helping you, I can sell you like $50 worth at a 6% premium above preev prices. I can do more potentially, but I would like to establish some trust with you first. Let me know what he says and if you’d like to conduct this trade.

Bad luck, He declined it in a single sentence Sad

I was contacted by an another and he said we can use the escrow of localbitcoin. I'm not sure about how does that work. I'm waiting for his response. I appreciate your offer, let's wait few more minutes.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:40:55 PM

I was contacted by an another and he said we can use the escrow of localbitcoin. I'm not sure about how does that work. I'm waiting for his response. I appreciate your offer, let's wait few more minutes.

Be careful. LBC is not a true escrow, as they have no control of a user’s PayPal account. I have been burned by LBC users on 3 occasions for a couple thousand bucks...

Read more about how to protect yourself on LBC from this thread I started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2963662.0

If you want to establish some trust and positive ratings on LBC, I’d be willing to sell you some bitcoin using the platform, as well.

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Be careful. LBC is not a true escrow, as they have no control of a user’s PayPal account. I have been burned by LBC users on 3 occasions for a couple thousand bucks...

Read more about how to protect yourself on LBC from this thread I started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2963662.0

If you want to establish some trust and positive ratings on LBC, I’d be willing to sell you some bitcoin using the platform, as well.

oh, that was sad. It won't be easy to get scammed, that too for thousands. I have sold some XLM for paypal long ago, haven't done any paypal crypto trade apart from that. My LBC profile is not that bad, a year old with ~22 trades. Can I PM you?
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:56:07 PM

oh, that was sad. It won't be easy to get scammed, that too for thousands. I have sold some XLM for paypal long ago, haven't done any paypal crypto trade apart from that. My LBC profile is not that bad, a year old with ~22 trades. Can I PM you?

Sure, but for transparency, I’d like to document the actual transaction here so that it can be referenced and archived for the future. If email works better, feel free to spam me at bitcoinsforjoe at gmail dot com.

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

Sure, but for transparency, I’d like to document the actual transaction here so that it can be referenced and archived for the future. If email works better, feel free to spam me at bitcoinsforjoe at gmail dot com.

Hi, I have mailed you.
thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:33:51 AM

Bump.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:36:32 AM

Just stepping out to grab a bite. I’ll create an advertisement on LBC and send you the link to it just after I get back. Cheers!

thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:51:39 AM

Just stepping out to grab a bite. I’ll create an advertisement on LBC and send you the link to it just after I get back. Cheers!

Thanks man, It would be great if you can make it fast. I only 2 more hours to do a lot of things.
thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:00:41 AM

I won't be on desk for next ~30 minutes. Please ping me on telegram or email. thanks
thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:44:36 AM

I have sent $200 to BTCforJoe and waiting for BTC. Uff, this was a tough day for me. Thanks for the help man. Have to do some work and sleep. It is already morning here, but haven't slept yet.
thatkid1 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:36:49 AM

Received BTC from Joe, thanks for helping me.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:06:24 AM

Just want to confirm that payment was received via Friends or Family via PayPal for the total amount of $200. I have sent the user 0.02205279BTC, valued at $188, after charging a 6% premium rate above preev.com raters for the time the payment was received.

Here's the transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/7c0d2013862357ecbdbac63dd938081901e73b6d9ffeeb02aad9216dfcb919ce

We conducted the deal via email correspondence, and I will leave a positive feedback for now, which I'm hoping that I will not have to update once the 180-day window for payment reversals via PayPal expires.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: