Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviews about CoinGate Payment Service?  (Read 2706 times)
Shopawl (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Shopawl is now Bitwants.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 06:14:15 AM

Hi
We're looking to implement CoinGate payment APIs on our website Shopawl.com! but we're looking for its customer reviews! Anyone using it? how is the experience.. Goods and bads?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smho_16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:44:37 AM

I don't know about CoinGate payment service if its good or bad but you can search on google and of course many others after me will reply with their opinions regarding this service.
Major bitcoin shopping websites most of the time implement bitpay which is proven to be a great way to handle a lot of bitcoin payments via its API. You can find a lot of reviews regarding bitpay in this forum and outside of this forum. I suggest you to implement this payment handler for bitcoin as its really proven with time.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 08:12:19 PM

Hi
We're looking to implement CoinGate payment APIs on our website Shopawl.com! but we're looking for its customer reviews! Anyone using it? how is the experience.. Goods and bads?
I haven't seen any sites use CoinGate or heard of CoinGate before your post, so it probably isn't very popular. I would suggest sending an email to coingate asking which sites use their API, and then emailing the owners of those specific sites. Is there a reason you want to use CoinGate, or was it just one of the first sites you found? If you didn't find any other APIs you like, I recommend Blocktrail.com or BitPay. They are used pretty commonly, and there are a bunch of reviews for them.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:44:33 PM

Hi
I haven't seen any sites use CoinGate or heard of CoinGate before your post, so it probably isn't very popular. I would suggest sending an email to coingate asking which sites use their API, and then emailing the owners of those specific sites. Is there a reason you want to use CoinGate, or was it just one of the first sites you found? If you didn't find any other APIs you like, I recommend Blocktrail.com or BitPay. They are used pretty commonly, and there are a bunch of reviews for them.

Neither have I. If you really want to use them and not anyone else OP,  you can test them yourself with some test funds. But beware that lesser known sites like this could randomly make an exit scam.
Id recommend BitPay, but I don't think they can help you if you want to get paid in bitcoin, not Fiat.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:26:17 PM

Hi

if the site is not popular it's always better to use another party. Sure the fees may be a little higher but at least you know what you are getting.
Bitpay and coinpayments.net seem to be popular (I have only used coinpayments, and I am a happy camper).
Shopawl (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 07:53:29 PM

We have implemented block.io API Smiley

CoinGateCom

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 12:42:51 AM

Hello there,

I'm Dmitrijus, CEO from CoinGate.com ( we share two accounts here, mine and 'CoinGate' )

We're a legal entity headquartered in Lithuania, European Union and we have a wide range of tools for convenient and easy integration (POS/Plugins/API)

Even though we're not big (yet) we have several major brand-names whom are satisfied with our product.

For Shopawl I'm happy that this project started accepting Bitcoins, too bad i wasn't here to persuade you using our product, well maybe next time.

If anyone have additional Q regarding our business, drop us a line at support@coingate.com.
turgeonm

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:52:45 PM

Just lost 150 in that account ! 

We opened our account and as soon as we deposited 150 the suspended our account and are holding the funds.  No replies from the support and seams like we cannot get that money back.

I recommend that users avoid them ( from my experience )
theraw

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 05:39:51 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 10:24:47 AM by theraw

Just lost 150 in that account ! 

We opened our account and as soon as we deposited 150 the suspended our account and are holding the funds.  No replies from the support and seams like we cannot get that money back.

I recommend that users avoid them ( from my experience )

i hope the same thing doesn't happen with me because i just tried to deposit 0.091 BTC to them doing a SELL btc for bank withdraw, sadly invoice expired before 1 confirmation, and i have some hours waiting to hear from support but no one of them is replying back.

Weird thing is that they before has reply very fast to my tickets and provide fast support even on facebook because i've been using their whmcs module. But now as i'm having this problem support doesn't seems to help! still no reply! 24hours now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: