Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hi, new here, miner hardware needed  (Read 1299 times)
gjm (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:52:02 PM

Hi everyone,  im new here and new to bitcoins, I want to mine, I have a rpi and decent hub with 4a supply, so looking for some usb miner's,  anyone know who to contact for a couple?. I am in the uk.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:36:02 AM

Hi everyone,  im new here and new to bitcoins, I want to mine, I have a rpi and decent hub with 4a supply, so looking for some usb miner's,  anyone know who to contact for a couple?. I am in the uk.

yes no problem mate, send me your email address!  Cool
Vancityguy

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:39:38 AM

cex.io is an option you may want to look at if you can get in at decent rates.  Right now i would be investing in the bitcoins themselves and not the hardware however.  Most group buys present risks and usually you are paying for someone else to profit so be careful with them.  Direct your own future.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:43:31 AM

Search around the forum, you can order for yourself or participate in a group buy.
This is exactly what I just said, huh?

He's probably a scammer who is increasing his post count by duplicating posts.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Lancelot19

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:46:36 AM

Participate in a group buy. USB miners won't ROI, and unless you have the thousands you need for your own miner, you best off share the exposure with others.
Vancityguy

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Participate in a group buy. USB miners won't ROI, and unless you have the thousands you need for your own miner, you best off share the exposure with others.

Group buys seem extremely risky to me, why not cloudmine instead where you can at least be in control of your own hashing?

I should mention that the ROI on both is crap, just asking.
Lancelot19

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

Group buys seem extremely risky to me, why not cloudmine instead where you can at least be in control of your own hashing?

The pricing is closer to at cost on group buys, whereas cloudhashing is very overpriced and require contracts. With bitcoin prices going up, many GB can ROI in USD. If you are looking for USB miners, check out http://minersource.net/
haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:07:41 AM

The pricing is closer to at cost on group buys, whereas cloudhashing is very overpriced and require contracts. With bitcoin prices going up, many GB can ROI in USD. If you are looking for USB miners, check out http://minersource.net/

i got these usb miners if you need them!  Cool
Vancityguy

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

I'm not looking at all for USB miners, this isnt 2011.   I'm saying that a good amount of previous group buys have proved out to only benefit the individuals organizing the group buys and not the general share holders.  I think that individuals like you providing dis-information to the community is a very toxic thing to bitcoin growth as a whole.

At cex.io as an alternative example, the prices may be above current roi but at least your in control of your own portfolio,can sell hash as a trader and there are no contracts.  I see most group buys as one of the riskiest things you could do in bitcoin.  

Full disclosure:  I have no interests in cex.io, think their pricing is still far too high to invest in, I'm using them as an example here.  They are a risky choice but far better than what these shills would have you take part in.
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:10:58 AM

Hi everyone,  im new here and new to bitcoins, I want to mine, I have a rpi and decent hub with 4a supply, so looking for some usb miner's,  anyone know who to contact for a couple?. I am in the uk.

Search bitmit.net, I've found some good deals on there for several different kinds of miners before.  At the very least, they currently list Block erupter USB's, Blue Fure USB's, Block erupter blades, BFL jalepeno's/little singles/singles, KNC saturn/jupiter, Bitfury 25+ GH kits and all sorts of other options.  Sometimes they are good deals, sometimes the sellers are smokin' the ganja on the prices they are expecting to get.

Lancelot19

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:40:32 AM

I'm not looking at all for USB miners, this isnt 2011.   I'm saying that a good amount of previous group buys have proved out to only benefit the individuals organizing the group buys and not the general share holders.  I think that individuals like you providing dis-information to the community is a very toxic thing to bitcoin growth as a whole.

At cex.io as an alternative example, the prices may be above current roi but at least your in control of your own portfolio,can sell hash as a trader and there are no contracts.  I see most group buys as one of the riskiest things you could do in bitcoin. 

Full disclosure:  I have no interests in cex.io, think their pricing is still far too high to invest in, I'm using them as an example here.  They are a risky choice but far better than what these shills would have you take part in.

It's not mis-information, its just different personal experiences. You have a right to say some GB have not worked out, but I know a few people who have made a small ROI and are still hashing. You must agree that at this point you are better off hedging your bets on a GB rather than a USB miner. Be careful about accusing people of mis-information without supporting facts.
Vancityguy

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:08:49 AM

I'm not looking at all for USB miners, this isnt 2011.   I'm saying that a good amount of previous group buys have proved out to only benefit the individuals organizing the group buys and not the general share holders.  I think that individuals like you providing dis-information to the community is a very toxic thing to bitcoin growth as a whole.

At cex.io as an alternative example, the prices may be above current roi but at least your in control of your own portfolio,can sell hash as a trader and there are no contracts.  I see most group buys as one of the riskiest things you could do in bitcoin. 

Full disclosure:  I have no interests in cex.io, think their pricing is still far too high to invest in, I'm using them as an example here.  They are a risky choice but far better than what these shills would have you take part in.

It's not mis-information, its just different personal experiences. You have a right to say some GB have not worked out, but I know a few people who have made a small ROI and are still hashing. You must agree that at this point you are better off hedging your bets on a GB rather than a USB miner. Be careful about accusing people of mis-information without supporting facts.

Your last post you were trying to sell this poor soul USB miners, now you say that i have to agree that USB miners are not worth the money......I think I was fairly accurate with my "accusation"
Lancelot19

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:17:42 AM

Your last post you were trying to sell this poor soul USB miners, now you say that i have to agree that USB miners are not worth the money......I think I was fairly accurate with my "accusation"
I never said he should buy USB miners, simply linked a website that sells them for, as far as I can tell, a decent price at $15. I never tried to sell anything, considering I have zero affiliation with the website.

I simply stated "If you are looking for USB miners, here is a website". Hardly selling.
Vancityguy

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:20:17 AM

at $15 they will never make ROI.....
Golph

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:20:56 AM

Before you buy any miner I suggest you to study into Bitcoin difficulty first. Don't buy anything until you understand it fully..

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. SyeED5YaZeVPows6Zx9z1hJ7twNJrKLrJB
Lancelot19

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:24:11 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 02:58:30 AM by Lancelot19

Please post a site that sells it cheaper. I don't know one. If you do, do us all a favor and post it so that we can all use it. Never said it would ROI, simply that it was decent price compared to alternatives, such as eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASICMINER-Block-Erupter-USB-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-NOT-BFL-or-AVALON-In-Hand-/181202104954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a307cb27a
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:02:12 AM

Do you understand how the difficulty works? If not you should dig into it. Otherwise you'll never make money mining.
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:20:00 AM

Please post a site that sells it cheaper. I don't know one. If you do, do us all a favor and post it so that we can all use it. Never said it would ROI, simply that it was decent price compared to alternatives, such as eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASICMINER-Block-Erupter-USB-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-NOT-BFL-or-AVALON-In-Hand-/181202104954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a307cb27a

Bitmit.net ... saw 50 of them sell the other day for $250  ($5 each if my maths are not failing me...), also have seen several on auction at sub 0.1 BTC prices as well.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:27:51 AM

.06btc each at btc guild

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=home
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966