Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 04:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if people stop buying bitcoin?  (Read 182 times)
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

BTCBTCBTC
What will happen if people just stop buying bitcoin?
Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?
BTCBTCBTC
How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy

If people stop buying bitcoin and investor to. The future of bitcoin is nothing less and the value of it have not worthy. Or else if people stop buying on bitcoin, I think it is the end of bitcoin.

The "Supply and Demand" principle can simply explain this. Since no one is buying now then I'm pretty sure the price will become stagnant and if we assume also that all are selling their remaining holdings then this btc's price will continue dropping and will not recover (since we are not buying anymore).
Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?
Definitely not because this means that btc are now valueless for us. Tendency, we will prefer using another coin and this coin will have the chance to replaced btc and become on top.

Possible it will happen once the interest of people in bitcoin stop and new altcoin will rise because people turn to as alternative for bitcoin.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:10:00 PM

No demand means the end of it, if everyone decides not to buy bitcoin due to some reason like it lose its profitability or many government already shutdown trading of it or maybe there's a new kind of crypto like working currency created which is a far better than bitcoin's technology using which is the blockchain, i believe that would be the end of cryptocurrency market.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
velmawattsu

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

Price is down  Grin
I will buy Cheesy
marabanda

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:56:25 PM

Weird question. If this happens at the moment, then the whole market will fall to a crypto low value. However, at the moment there is no reason that people suddenly stop buying bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: