Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Had enough of wrong investments on ALTS?  (Read 262 times)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:02:26 AM

--snip--
All those time, effort and money getting wasted at the end or you would wait for a very long time before you see the fruit of your labor. So how can we somehow mitigate the risk of investing in the wrong ones? Here are my preferences:

That bolded part is the most important when it comes to ICOs. I too initially did some bounties here but most of these projects are completely worthless and just people looking to make huge exit scams.

What I have found interesting instead is to focus only on one or two of them at a time and take a deep personal interest. Get to know the people behind it as much as you can, mail them and try to gauge their intent. Once I have enough interest in it, I try to care about the goal as much as I would care if i invested in a startup.

It's a good learning experience.

Apart from that, the time and energy spent in random bounties is much better utilized reading here at the forum or just getting to know more about bitcoin. Bitcoin is a huge topic. People have been reading on it for years but still don't consider themselves experts. We have only just begun on the path.

Besides that, I think if you can write well, then doing a little content writing for the bounties isn't all that bad. Haven't tried it much but that's what I'd do if i had to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:38:24 AM

So far i had no experienced investing Literally in any ico projects or even investing in altcoins,but i had bad experienced investing my time in one of them,,when a looking good and perfect ico projects tur into a damn shit scamming one,we are more than 500 participants in all sections,signature,social media,translations all of us are victimized by that holyshit scammers
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:50:31 AM

Even if you do your own research and invest in an ICO that has a probability of being successful, there is still a chance that it will flop because we don't know how will the people respond to the ICO or even the team behind the ICO may run after the ICO. There is still an element of luck as we all know because there is always a risk that something may happen that are not in our favor. The problem also with investing in ICO is that many investors are expecting to earn profit immediately when the coin hit exchanges but become disappointed when after it hit exchanges, the price would be 10% of the ICO price which is discouraging.

Good news is one of the factors that makes the price of the coins sustainable so maybe the team should reserve good news and always update the investors so that they will still believe and even use the coin for its actual purpose and not just for speculation purposes.

Kim Ji Won (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:46:39 AM

Investing in crypto is not just a job of newbie as their are great risks involved in it so only a expert should do it and learn each and every thing about the project you are investing in. The investors should know the real goal of the project and how it will generate topics. And I too think that utility tokens are the most profitable and safe tokens to invest in.
We will all start from being a newbie in regards to investing in cryptocurrencies so better we take the risk and learn from the mistakes/experience that we will have. The goal of every ICO can be easily known through their introduction, the hard part is understanding or evaluating their roadmap and how they will implement it. It's profitable because it is really being used with regards to its purpose.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

I think you have learned well and every wise man and investors should learn from experience. Like the wise man said "experience is the best teacher" and we should try and learned from our experience in other not to have some regret in future. Investing into an ico projects is a very risky one and we should not think that because of the testimonies of others all will be silver of rose for us, the possibility of you losing all your investment is still there.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: