Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faucets or Mining?  (Read 3036 times)
N01zii (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:43:15 AM

I have a single 7950 card in my gaming rig, and can only mine occasionally. Do you guys think its more profitable to mine, or to just do faucets every day?

Also, do you guys get a lot of payout from faucets? I'm kind of wary because I've been doing them for a few days and haven't gotten any payouts yet.

Thanks!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:50:10 AM

I have a single 7950 card in my gaming rig, and can only mine occasionally. Do you guys think its more profitable to mine, or to just do faucets every day?

Also, do you guys get a lot of payout from faucets? I'm kind of wary because I've been doing them for a few days and haven't gotten any payouts yet.

Thanks!

I don't know how efficient 7950s are, any idea? Maybe put it to use mining litecoin, or some other altcoins? I have to think that could be more lucrative than faucet, which are hard to eek much from.
N01zii (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:56:55 AM

I don't know how efficient 7950s are, any idea? Maybe put it to use mining litecoin, or some other altcoins? I have to think that could be more lucrative than faucet, which are hard to eek much from.

The 7950 gets a solid 500 Mhash/s, but unfortunately that isn't much now days. And I'll have to look into Litecoin, seems interesting. Is it popular enough to sell, though?
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:00:19 AM

Litecoin is reaching the difficulty of bitcoin as we speak, and bitcoin is much more expensive.

I would just do faucets... And maybe gamble and multiply your earnings?

You can find tons of faucets
You can use mine that utilizes "Inputs.io Bitcoin Wallet"
The link to my faucet is in my signature
pliznau

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:34:58 AM

It depends how much you spend on electricity. On scrypt you will get around 600 kh/s and this ain't much. Rather buy them coins cause with faucets you have to be hardcore to make a buck.

void
voorash

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:40:49 AM

I decided to mine LTC with my card and do faucets to get bitcoin as well as the pay to view ads sites.  I trade all my ltc for btc on cryptsy, no idea if that is the best place but it is where I chose.  I have a post on my blog that will tell you some places to get free coins.  Typically faster than you would get them from faucets.  When I get enough coins I am hoping to start my own faucet as well.

http://getyourfreebitcoins.blogspot.com/2013/10/free-bitcoin-for-viewing-webpages.html

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 06:44:19 AM

Both. If you make more than you pay for electricity then mine and if you have a lot of time on your hands to make a couple of cents a day then use faucets.

ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:01:50 AM

MCXnow offers interest on coins you store there, and the more you trade a coin the higher the interest rate goes for that coin. It's like a bank, more trading fees = more money for you.

Better than faucets, or awesome addition to them. Either way.
will_a

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:31:02 AM

Faucets give you handful of satoshi (sp?) each allowed time period (30mins seems to be average up to a full 24hr period).  Doesn't seem all that profitable unless your time isn't valuable to you.  Wink
Radelderth

Activity: 202

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:42:12 AM

Thanks!

Faucets is better then GPU mining...

ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:23:57 PM

Let's change gears and make this thread more useful to noobs, so we have established that mining is better than faucets.

Now:
What coin is best to mine with a crap to ok computer?
What coin is best to mine with a good computer?
Is there a coin that you can mine on Iphone yet?
What kind of specs should be looked for in a computer that is intended for mining?
Can someone make a list of mining rigs? Not by how great they are, but by how affordable they are.
lindeanin

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:47:27 PM

Now:
What kind of specs should be looked for in a computer that is intended for mining?
Can someone make a list of mining rigs? Not by how great they are, but by how affordable they are.

If you mean CPU mining you might try Primecoin, but do not expect big profits, mine just for fun

Other coins are not worth to mine with CPU because much faster GPU mining can be used
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:07:35 PM

Now:

If you mean CPU mining you might try Primecoin, but do not expect big profits, mine just for fun

Other coins are not worth to mine with CPU because much faster GPU mining can be used

So there are not really any coins left to mine with your computer?

If this is true, then this means mining is about to become a real industry. When I was here reading a few months ago, I saw people mining feathercoin with their laptops, saying that a quad core laptop was good enough.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:30:04 PM

btc-faucets pay less than dollare-based ones. I try hardly, just to get used to btc, and i got hardly 10 dollar-cents in many hours of annoying captcha. In my opinion the best sites are:
http://coinreaper.com
http://freebitco.in/
and maybe bitvisitor.com
but, in my opinion, they're not worth the time(unless you are in the referral business and you can make a lot of referrals, maybe in that case there's something for you), maybe my pc is consuming more electricity than what i earned.
Mining could be a profictable game if you bet on a new money, surely not for BTC or LTC with a "normal" pc

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:36:14 PM

I just want to say again, mcxnow gives you interest on any coins you store there. And interset pays every 6 hrs.
It is also an altcoin exchange, so you can buy and sell to make money like a day trader.
And devtome will pay you coins for writing that you can then go trade for bitcoins.

Just letting everyone know that faucets and mining are no longer the only ways to make coin.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:57:22 PM

It's really simple, go here...

http://www.coinish.com/calc/

And enter your hashrate for a short time frame estimation of mining profits. Remember that most pools have .1BTC withdraw minimums...

Next, calculate faucet return per 24hrs. Pretty simple math, or even average real world results. Remember that moving dust from faucets can easily cost more than your earnings.

Which is higher?

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
erre
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:08:09 PM

The right question would be: faucets or mining, what's the biggest loss?

mcxnow seems to have not a single bitcoin of total deposits and 0.01 ltc... not a solid site in my opinion

ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:10:17 PM

The right question would be: faucets or mining, what's the biggest loss?

mcxnow seems to have not a single bitcoin of total deposits and 0.01 ltc... not a solid site in my opinion

WHAT?!?!? Not a single bitcoin of total deposits? There are literally 4.9 BTC up for trade just in the DVC section and over 100,000,000 DVC. Idk where you are looking.
erre
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:14:32 PM

ok, i was looking at exchange rates..  Roll Eyes Undecided
I'm not a newbie for no reason...

ANiceJewishBoy