Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin so down  (Read 762 times)
10000cr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:57:32 AM

Why Bitcoin came so low in 2018 january to march
 All the guess people were saying that Bitcoin would touch 25k$ but why did not it happen ?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:40:41 PM
Merited by meejay (1)

All the guess people were saying that Bitcoin would touch 25k$ but why did not it happen ?

Because it's normal market cycle condition. March was always a bad period for crypto if you track the history.

It will come to 25k$ this year or next year doesn't matter. The only thing which matters is whether you believe in crypto economy or no. Whether you with crypto community or you are "regular folk"
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

It will come to 25k$ this year or next year doesn't matter. The only thing which matters is whether you believe in crypto economy or no. Whether you with crypto community or you are "regular folk"

When I believe in crypto, why would I even care about the price ? When I believe in crypto, all I have to care about is adoption. When I believe in crypto, why would I go back to fiat (i.e. care about prices), when fiat is a dead end then. This makes no sense at all. In the end everyone wants to do x1000 and move back to fiat. Where are the true believers ? For the true believers, there will be no fiat left in the end, so no point in converting crypto back to fiat and thus no need to care about prices.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

When I believe in crypto, why would I even care about the price ? When I believe in crypto, all I have to care about is adoption. When I believe in crypto, why would I go back to fiat (i.e. care about prices), when fiat is a dead end then. This makes no sense at all. In the end everyone wants to do x1000 and move back to fiat. Where are the true believers ? For the true believers, there will be no fiat left in the end, so no point in converting crypto back to fiat and thus no need to care about prices.
This is a very deep reasoning of a person who really believes in cryptography and cryptocurrencies. It's nice to hear that the cryptocurrencies has more followers. Yes, people are worried about the price of cryptocurrency because bitcoin and altcoins are still heavily dependent on fiat money and probably also because people do not believe enough in blockchain technology and that cryptocurrencies will someday become a full-fledged calculation tool between people.
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:35:56 PM

I share the thought of the gentlemen who answered before. But more importantly... why did you post this in the bounties section ?  Cheesy
akamit

Activity: 1470
Merit: 595

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:48:55 PM

Because Bitcoin was pumped hard in December. I remember, once I said "Too Fast Too Furious"
The current price is the exact price of Bitcoin, look deeper and see how stable the price is now. Steady growth is better over fast growth, and people already witnessed the consequences.

It didn't happen because it was a prediction and predictions can be totally false. It didn't happen in first 3 months, that doesn't mean it won't happen in future.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:41:12 PM

In January bitcoin wasn't down too harshly, the worst happened in the first week of February. There were a combination of reasons, the most prevalent and obvious being that the price spiked too high too rapidly and it's natural that a correction would happen. There was then negative news around the same time that lead to further panic.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:33:52 PM

This market always does the opposite of what people expect. If after an ongoing bull run your sell now trigger hasn't been going nuts, then the insane price speculation should be the next best thing.

In the same way with how the general sentiment is on the lower side right now, and people speculate about a further decline, we might be up for another massive bounce in the coming weeks/months.

It's not for nothing that noobs quite often complain about when they start buying the price goes down, and when they start selling, the price suddenly goes up. Market movers play this game successfully for years.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:35:35 PM

its not easy to reach $25k ,bitcoin must create a hype in order to achieve it. And because of fud and news about banning crypto in some countries made some investors worried and sell thier holdings.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:05:48 PM

If you can record all the bad news about of Bitcoin starting from January up until now you will see the reason why it fall too much like this. Most of the holders are easily driven by the FUD so it tends to break their emotions and starting to panic selling. If this is not about the FUD i wonder what would be the price of Bitcoin today after it hits $20k.

btc1

Activity: 527
Merit: 10

Join Ixinium

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

Because it will happen soon, probably before the end of the year.

Why are you so mad about it? Did you invest when the price was near $20k? Just wait my friend, good things are coming soon.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽️  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

Because of  the fake news and fud  it will create a panic that is why bitcoin price to go down.  Or maybe whales maipulates the price to go down. If you bought bitcoin in a higher price just wait for it to recover.
Jating

Activity: 2884
Merit: 783

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:08:09 AM

Well there was one good argument that the Mt. Gox trustee started to offload the bitcoins starting from Dec-Mar which may have put a dent on the price. Coincidentally, its only the time that it seems we can't really take off from the ground, when everything seems to be ripe for a bull run, this guys dump, causing the market to crash several times.

And not with the government and central banks attacks, plus lots of FUD, we are struggling to keep above $8K now, so that $25K will be just a dream. But its just the start of another quarter so don't be frustrated, it will eventually come and we might see bitcoin attempts another all-time-high before the end of the year.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:48:29 AM

I guess the regulation news did not stop. Pretty much every single day you are able to see news in the media about G20 calling regulation on crypto, SEC saying that crypto needs to be regulated, India regulating crypto... Etc., etc.

And people somehow are scared of these regulations and think that bitcoin would not function as it used to because of these regulations, which I think is probably not going to be true at all.

This is why markets are so bearish right now and prices are not going back up as quickly as people expect, including me. However, I don't think that anyone expected BTC to hit $25k in March, which is way too bullish a prediction.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:05:25 AM

Yes, many top investors where predicting, so many price for bitcoin. Some said, 25k, others said 50k and some even went as far as saying 100k. These are predictions and they are normal. You should that if they predicted bitcoin to be on a certain price does not mean it will be cause noone knows the  price of any cryptocurrency. All you have to do is to have faith and hold your coin, so that whenever it hit that price, you will be ready.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:29:50 AM

It wasn't so down actually, btc is still strong at $8000 floor and if you will think, that is still a big amount of money. For the prediction you're saying that didn't happen. Of course it was just a prediction, there's no guarantee that it will going to happen just like that because they say. There is no 100% correct when it comes to prediction.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:43:45 AM

Of course that price is just an speculation, and not guaranteed. A lot of negative news and rumors about bitcoin and I think that is a major reason why the price are still dump. Well, I see this as a healthy correction because the market need it and bitcoin is just preparing to pump high this year, believe on it and be patient the market will not bounce overnight.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:47:11 AM

bitcoin prices go down because there is no good news from bitcoin and lately bitcoin has bad news that makes bitcoin prices collapse, if bitcoin wants to go up then it should need good news from bitcoin that could trigger a rise in bitcoin prices.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:03:17 AM

bitcoin prices go down because there is no good news from bitcoin and lately bitcoin has bad news that makes bitcoin prices collapse, if bitcoin wants to go up then it should need good news from bitcoin that could trigger a rise in bitcoin prices.
the bitcoin price is not yet down and as we see the price still at 8k value and perhaps it will never go dip now 'cause in my view this dump we experience Last few days until now is just a normal correction of price maybe it's gaining strength to soar again back to 9k range. just relax and let's wait for it ..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:18:45 AM

that's the problem with the "guess people" don't you think? they are making random guesses and they just switch direction of their guess based on the market. during rises they keep saying how it will go up to the moon and during drops like these days they keep saying how it will drop to the ground like saying how it will go down to $2000!
but the thing is, price can't go up forever it has to come down too, not to oblivion down but a correction. and that's what we saw for the most part of this drop.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: