Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 06:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending crypto?  (Read 132 times)
MXgirl150 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:19:34 PM

Hey all... Newbie here.

I wanted to ask how you convert your crypto to fiat when you want to spend it with the least friction and fees. What are you guys (and gals) using? Like Bitpay or 10x or what? Is Bitcoin easier than Ether to convert to fiat or are they the same? I'm trying to make informed decisions.

Any pointers are appreciated, thx in advance <3
MeSoCorny

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

I use Gemini coin exchange. No transfer fee in or out, and they only charge .25% (.0025 X AMOUNT) fee to buy/ sell on both Bitcoin/ Ethereum/ Lite Coin.

So if I transfer $1000 into the exchange from my bank account, buy $1000 worth of Ethereum, sell $1000 immediately after, and transfer the money back to my bank account, assuming no price fluctuations occurred, I will only pay $5 total in fees for the whole experience.

Transfer in = Free

Buy = $1000 X .0025 = $2.50

Sell = $1000 X .0025 = $2.50

Transfer out = Free

= $5

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

It really depends, what you want to use your money for. Honestly I first look if merchants accept crypto or if their competitors do. Other than that to convert to fiat you will most probably looking for some kind of fiat cards - here is some list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.0 and if you are looking you can check these EU accounts as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1756494.0

But I am not sure of the cheapest way to do so

Bitcoin is easier in a sense that many companies do work with it, however you should be able to find easily method to transfer ether as well
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

If you living in the place where you can easily convert your ethereum or bitcoin then both of them are easy to convert...
Here in my country, we can convert them both directly to fiat.
I'm living in the Philippines and I am using coins.ph wallet.
When I was open Ethereum wallet in coins.ph they ask for the 20php fee, now I can receive ethereum and convert it directly to fiat and withdraw.

So if you are living in my country you can directly convert your ethereum to fiat and withdraw.
But if you are living in the other countries the best thing you need to do is to know what are local exchanges in your place where you can exchange your bitcoin or Ethereum.

Mostly bitcoin is convertible anywhere in any countries so bitcoin is more easy to use and easy to convert than ethereum.
exknoxeric

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

The Revolution Will Be Decentralized

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:35:33 PM

If you have access to Gyft.com, it's a great site to use crypto on.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:47:26 PM

Not sure where you are located, but you can also try a p2p marketplace like localbitcoins.com, just be wary and only do business with users who have the strongest reviews.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: