Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that bitcoin immune from hacking & fraud ??  (Read 15107 times)
morrisby25

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

Every technology has its vulnerability and that is normal if the team behind the exchanges or any blockchain core has doing nothing to improve the security of its system. That’s why the better the management and cooperation with the team of security experts and programmers the popular the site is. Blockchain itself cannot be hacked,  but companies built around it can.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:08:40 PM

No one has yet confirm that there is immunity bitcoi  have from hacking and fraud moves, if that is true then it is good ,but I think it was not introduce yet in the forum, if that it is very true , then we believe in it.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:17:54 AM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..
That is one of the risks of bitcoin and if you want to use this currency then you need to accept the fact that if you are hacked or scammed you will never see that money again, I know that people will need to get used to this new way of doing things, people are too used to be protected by banks if they screw up but in bitcoin there is no place for screw ups.
usually hack is due to our own carelessness. therefore we must be preventive to keep our funds from hackers. one example do not let us wrong web address even though one letter only, better at bookmark our wallet address
While the carelessness can be a great factor when it comes to hacking, at the same time you need to remember that there are many people that lost their coins because they left their money in an exchange, and those that lost money in that way were not really careless they thought that their coins were secure in an exchange, the ones that were careless were the ones that had the responsibility of securing that website.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:28:06 AM

All that really depends on ourselves because when we can secure the account that we have well then we will get a good sense of comfort. Data security in the digital world is now a very vulnerable thing and must be considered because with it we can avoid the action of hacking and data theft, security is a really important thing because it can trigger the future that we will achieve.
Yeah, security is absolutely in everyone's hands and as long as you know how to stay secured, you will always be fine. The thing is that hackers cannot actually get hold of our asset unless we give them the access and since we cannot just give them the access freely, they try to deceive people into giving up the full control to their account.

A lot of people have ended up in phishing issues in the past which made their account extremely vulnerable. Some veteran people do suggest to go for separate laptop for only use of handling our bitcoin and altcoin wallets but this may not be possible for all the people due to cost factors but it seems that alone will be a working idea against phishing threats.
linshisui38

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 06:38:25 AM

The so-called "unfraud" cannot be falsified, which is the characteristic of the decentralization of the block chain.

And putting it on an exchange is like putting money in a bank, and exchanges and Banks are a centralised thing.

Decentralization is the characteristic of bitcoins and the characteristics of the blockchain. Once dug out and held, you are the center of it. You will lose your private key password, and the exchange will be lost.
ClackKendi

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:54:04 AM

There are also cases where some programs of hackers and callers exploit bitcoin to accomplish their own bad intentions, which in turn results in disappointment, but these are just numbers. Few numbers have little effect on bitcoin
Bestpromoter

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:04:04 AM

No it is not. Bitcoin itself is immune but the environment around bitcoin is not immune like exchangers especially people who handle their bitcoins. Bitcoins together with the big lock blockchain is not hackable but the people itself is hackable with the use of hackings like phishing.
ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 08:16:29 AM

I personally believe that no. Almost every month there are some exchange frauds, mining frauds and such. Also nobody is protected from a virus to hack into your wallet and steal your BTC, which happens very often these days. But when it comes to hacking the blockchain itself, seemingly nobody had yet succeeded, and that is the reason why blockchain is still functional.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:29:10 AM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..

I believe that there is no one immune from hacking even our bitcoin on our wallet. But we can minimizing that risk by keep our private key safe and use hardwallet. Every online activities is vulnerable and thats why we need always be carefull
otreza

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:06:35 AM

There is nothing impossible for hackers, unfortunately. If someone made something, there is always be someone who can break it.

Forex & crypto in Iran
  ✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST  ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦ 
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:31:24 AM

Nope, false bitcoin can be hacked, why? hackers are everywhere my friend, and It can steal tons of amounts of btc, most often these things occur on wallets, hacking can happen through your respective wallets, sadly hackers can break in if they have enough information about you and your wallet. Fraud mostly happens on investments, projecte, and trades, beware and be cautious, this is the web do not expect maximum security on the surface.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:51:02 AM

Yes.. but it is impossible to get hacked if you really protect your private keys.

Most of the exchanges who get hacked, are those who get "artificially" hacked, if you know what i mean with all this..

Modern hackers are so inventive guys that they can steal your Bitcoins even when you protect your private keys with all the most possible and the best ways.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:04:52 AM

Even if Bitcoin was immune to hacking or fraud, the wallets definitely aren't. If you accidentally end up leaking your private keys, you would end up with no tokens in your wallet. You must have heard the story of a guy who had millions of bitcoins in his wallet but had lost his private keys and ended up with nothing.

But, a user can keep himself secure by not clicking on suspicious link which might attempt to steal his private keys. Being cautious and aware are the only ingredients required to make your investments hack proof.
Obviously and the only way the wallets as well can even be a target is for the owner to end up being careless. At least, the fact that our money is safe as long as we keep it in our wallets, most especially a decentralized one is good enough and most people who are always easily attacked are the ones who either leave the private keys gullible anywhere or probably using an online wallet without some security functions like 2FA turned on. These are the category of people that get scooped off their assets. Basically bitcoin will be secured if we keep our password and following all security measurements. But failing with them, cannot safeguard anyone.
elkafee79

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:21:35 AM

I doubt about it, I think every online transaction can be hacked. but, bitcoin is secure. I dont what happen in the future.
miroslavt

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:06:02 AM

There had been no hack in the blockchain technology, only the crypto exchnages were hacked. You can avoid this by using only reputed exchanges that are more reliable.
bachus

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:11:51 AM

As one famous hacker said once, the weakest link in any security system is always people, so if you share your private key with somebody there is possibly a way to hack you xD
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:36:50 PM

Yes, it's true. Bitcoin is being backed by blockchain which isn't hackable. People are getting hacked because of their own mistakes and fault on handling their private keys, passwords and etc,. Exchanges are hackable just like what happened to Mt. Gox, Bitfinex and some major exchanges.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

Its not correct to say that bitcoin is hacked in exchanges more times since it is pseudo anonymous.Even hackers hack money from debit cards even though its not anonymous.So,anonymity has nothing to do with more opportunity for hackers.

masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

Why do not have? There are many hacking and bitcoin frauds. Electronic money is a high-tech crime as easy to operate and steal passwords. Or fraudulent in the transaction. Be careful when investing in bitcoin especially when you hold a lot of valuable bitcoin.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:01:34 PM

I beg to disagree to that, I believe Bitcoin is not immune to hacking and fraud, actually, its value and popularity made it a target of almost all those hackers and fraudster out there. But due to it anonymity and security, it remains safe, but those hackers and fraudsters  targeted exchanges and wallets that is why we got a lot of ways to keep our coins safe from these bad guys. Remember it is our responsibility to ensure the safety and security of our coins, especially because these are all for our family's future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: