Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that bitcoin immune from hacking & fraud ??  (Read 15107 times)
prudencetoller

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:27:46 AM

Yes, I can say that Bitcoin is really immune from hacking and fraud more than others. However, I think that it is not 100% safe. You need to be careful, regardless of anything and keep coins in the wallet.
I think the possibility to be hacked is there. anyway let alone you save it in online where the internet network could have been hacked by someone. saving money in bitcoin is not 100% safe because the risk like hacking, phising, etc. but you can reduce its risk by storing it properly like in a hardware wallet or adding 2fa security
Yeah I have the same thought that nothing is 100% safe and although bitcoin have a reputation of protecting users from hacking and fraud, risks still exist even with the slightest chance. Therefore, if you don't want your bitcoin to disappear unreasonably, you can store it in a hardware wallet or put it in different places.

First blockchain based marketplace of trading algorithms]
TRADINGENE│ JOIN NOW
ICO 4 April 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:09:22 AM

yes you are right, bitcoin is currently the target to try to break the bitcoin because bitcoin value is currently very expensive and it is very horrible if bitcoin can be stolen by hackers.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:27:48 AM

Nope, anything made by man is definitely faulty. One way or another it could be stolen. I mean there are always phishing websites, viruses, and other means to get your data and passcodes. It's all a matter of duping the hackers and following security measure to prevent that. Let's not be those people who thinks thier holdings are safe.

Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:30:55 AM

Nope, anything made by man is definitely faulty. One way or another it could be stolen. I mean there are always phishing websites, viruses, and other means to get your data and passcodes. It's all a matter of duping the hackers and following security measure to prevent that. Let's not be those people who thinks thier holdings are safe.

You're defenitely right, we are the ones who are in control with our security so I hope everybody is also aware on how yo avoid fraud and how to determine wether its phishing or not, think before you click as what they say.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:01:58 AM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..
Bitcoin is not immune from hacking and fraud because there are still people who will find a way to hack and fraud other people, so not be too much comfortable because they are still many ways to open your accounts. Be alert and be aware in opening websites for you not to experience frauds and hacks.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:14:31 AM

We all frown at exchangers asking of submission of means of identification for KYC process but this is the only way a hacker can be identify if He or She take the coin to any exchangers that are under going the KYC process.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

Hi!

So this is a false point on bitcoin.
Sure of course everything can be crasked. Everything can be copied. Nothing is 100% safe.
But fact is that with current technology, copying btc or cracking btc is...Costly. Extremely costly. In fact impossible with current tech.
The computing power needed to crack one btc adress is soooooooo high that it would be impossible for Google to do it even with all their infrastructure working a whole year.

Furthermore you have to understand that when you "crack" an adress it would be a random one. Including the one without btc that you have in your old wallet xD

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:14:44 AM

Bitcoin is not immune from hacking and fraud because there are still people who will find a way to hack and fraud other people, so not be too much comfortable because they are still many ways to open your accounts. Be alert and be aware in opening websites for you not to experience frauds and hacks.

Do you even re-read what you post? Probably not.

You point out that it concerns people that hack and fraud other people, so what has this exactly to do with Bitcoin itself? Bitcoin has no control over what a bunch of retards do with their private keys and log-in details from whatever services. If I get hacked, or I lose my private key, it's my fault entirely, and not Bitcoin's fault. If an exchange gets hacked, it's the fault of the exchange in question, and not Bitcoin's fault. Is it that difficult to understand?

Stop blaming Bitcoin for the reckless and incompetent nature of people. Bitcoin is the purest of the purest in every possible way, but unfortunately, people aren't. Undecided
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

It is not immune but we can say that its security is really hard to hack and overcome. Blockchain technology which is where Bitcoin integrated is complicated and requires at least multiple hacks before you can get what you want. Take note that hacking Blockchain technology must be continuous so other hackers use it instead of hacking it.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:15:18 AM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..

Maybe Its just your Imagination mate or you're one of those person who criticized bitcoin to make It fall drastically. Just observed and think first mate, If ever that has been real, why there's till many Investors Invest In bitcoin?  It because they understand and believe thus coin that has potential to make a profits rather than several coins.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:19:01 AM

So far we can say that the whole system of the bitcoins are still cannot be hacked by anybody because if they do then there will be no bitcoins now and that people will definitely gonna be famous today but still even a super computer cannot hacked it by unknown reason so there are a lot of people that is confident in bitcoins because they are pretty much safe than any platforms that are offering the same thing. Look at the value of the bitcoins, they are rising above all
jetjet

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:32:37 AM

i dont think BTC is immune, every account in the net is vulnerable from hacking... some exchanges deployed best algorithm to reduced the posibility of being hacked.. but still hacking can happen... the only way we could do to avoid hacking is to obey all the advices coming from exchanges. deploying best programs may helps to prevent this to happen.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:30:08 PM

I guess it was not, sinxe I heard some testimonies that the Bitcoin that they have were suddenly hack by some group of people whom they don't know how, they must be a great hackers and knowledgeable regarding Bitcoins. We cannot expect for this thing to be immune due to the fact that Bitcoin is a very accessible and open forum, less or least requirements for us to enter and be involved here, so I guess it's not.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:32:24 PM

It is pretty well immune from hacking, but it the case of those who owns or holds it, it is not that secure if they do not really make themselves secure from hacking.
dirham99

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:23:31 PM

No, I dont believe that bitcoin immune from hacking and fraud.  I think every online transactions is hackable.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

As far as i know, there is no case that there is a hacking that totally succeed against bitcoin. The hacks that i just read are hackings against the exchange and wallet that support bitcoin but directly to bitcoin? There is no case. So i think that bitcoin is a really safe cryptocurrency and it is not that easy to be hacked unless you use a quantum computer.
andibcoin

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

No, I dont believe that bitcoin immune from hacking and fraud.  I think every online transactions is hackable.
after techonolgy about hacking developt, many various technique and ways to hack all security system.included bitcoin wallet and other crypto wallet, there is still a bug that can still be penetrated by hackers
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:13:49 PM

As far as i know, there is no case that there is a hacking that totally succeed against bitcoin. The hacks that i just read are hackings against the exchange and wallet that support bitcoin but directly to bitcoin? There is no case. So i think that bitcoin is a really safe cryptocurrency and it is not that easy to be hacked unless you use a quantum computer.
Right.For nine years of existence,not even a single man had succeeded to hack bitcoin directly.I believe a lot of people around are fond of hacking but when it comes to bitcoin,it could be very impossible.Though we heard lot of issues against bitcoin particularly on scamming,we all know the fact that bitcoin is just being used indirectly.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

Immune to hacking? no not at all it is not totally immune client sided, exchange, online wallet services, and individual holders can be hacked that would always depend on how they are going to secure their private keys and their online exchanges, compromised wallets and exchanges when the culprits made to move the funds then it is irrevocable but it is traceable.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

In the past it doesn't have the resistance to withstand hacking to large extent, and by those day the users were low in number. Now as the growth is attained, the immunity to stand overcoming hacks were developed in a better way. Example for the same is the decreased number of hacking related news these days. When it comes to fraud, most of the time we're responsible for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: