Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that bitcoin immune from hacking & fraud ??  (Read 15107 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:59:39 PM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..

I wouldn't say immune. Although one might say that it is secure and private at best. I wouldn't say that it's secure because there are other means that could threaten the safety of one's coins or holdings. One of the usually exploited means is with the storage system or e-wallets, which are commonly subject to either hacking or bogus schemes like fake airdrops that only aim to get one's e-wallet password, which have already victimized many people in this market.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:31:47 AM

When everything turn into digital, it can be hack so although the transaction mobility is high , the greater risk also upon it.
So make sure that you've learn very carefully how to keep it safe all the time, always update the security to prevent from hacking attempt.
It's for your own good !

Anyhow, Bitcoin and the other altcoins still remain the safest currency. It cannot be compared with fiat. Traditional money that is stored in the banks can be hacked easily. We hear this hacking stories often.
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:28:13 PM

When everything turn into digital, it can be hack so although the transaction mobility is high , the greater risk also upon it.
So make sure that you've learn very carefully how to keep it safe all the time, always update the security to prevent from hacking attempt.
It's for your own good !

Anyhow, Bitcoin and the other altcoins still remain the safest currency. It cannot be compared with fiat. Traditional money that is stored in the banks can be hacked easily. We hear this hacking stories often.
Everything can be attacked not only by electronic money but by cash. Since I think there are people out there, it will definitely have people breaking them. That is the natural law in society. They can all be bad actions and beautiful expressions in all aspects. And every investor's job is to know how to protect their assets and invest wisely.
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:31:55 PM

You need to protect your email account using two-factor authentication to prevent attacks. Do the same with your bitcoin storage service. Coinbase already requires a two-factor logon to the system: it consists of a password and text received via SMS. SMS can be intercepted, you must use the option of scanning based on an application, such as Google Authenticator
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:14:44 PM

bitcoin wallets are immune to hack at any given point in time so we should nt hold the bitcoin in wallets for longer time

I think the exchange will still have a record of the number of coins owned by investors, unless they also want to be cheated because in the true sense, it is stolen money and not records.
Hacking an exchange account will not affect the investor's personal account with an exchange.
Vs225655

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

of course it is. If you give someone your private key then it's your problem. Luggage pads in such a way that the password to pick up to them is unrealistic. The rest of this is already you need to be careful that someone does not upload your data for hacking
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:06:55 AM

So long as humans created, maintained and is using something, it will be subject to hacking and fraud. I mean no human made object or system is ever perfect so it would always be vulnerable. Same can be said to crypto currency. No matter how many bits of security you use, if the person is careless with their transactions then it will be for naught.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
KDTnenimo

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:54:57 AM

The best thing is the algorithm of bitcoin system, it is anonymous. Where will they find from millions of wallets are to be hacked and whom account has millions worth of money. scratch your head and give up.
EllieBasti05

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:57:50 PM

Cryptocurrencies are prone to hacking, and also it can be wiped by computer crashing and other unexpected events. But its difficult to hackers to know if their victim has millions in their wallet. Regular changing of password and avoid giving of your password to anyone expect to your wife ! it will be a war LOL!
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:00:24 PM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..
Well, for me, as long as we have a money that works around the internet, it is vulnerable to hackers. because internet is the most dangerous place to put all of your money. so still, it is vulnerable.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:22:24 PM

No i believe bitcoin is not immune in hacking and fraud because there are a lot of hackers and would like to trick people today. This also the reason why the governments of a country don't like cryptocurrency because they think it is just a scam to steal all of your money.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Soneo

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

There had been no hacking in the blockchain technology so far. Only some exchanges were hacked but if you see recent news even that has not happened recently.

I think that depends on how to secure the site to prevent attackers and how well the support system and IT team will protect their site from hackers. I think that every exchange will secure their site so that their members can trade in security.
I'm not sure about this because bitcoin is hard to hack but if someone has high skills in programming he might crack his account but of course, he needs to break the private key.
.Bitcoin.talk.

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

The blockchain itself is totally secure but it is still up to the user how they manage their personal keys/ crypto corporations
Kurevazeyo

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:53:00 AM

of course it is. If you give someone your private key then it's your problem. Luggage pads in such a way that the password to pick up to them is unrealistic. The rest of this is already you need to be careful that someone does not upload your data for hacking
There is nothing safe in the internet world, everything can be hacked because all sophisticated systems still have weaknesses. Weakness is used by bad people to damage or steal. Bitcoin can also be hacked, for example in Coincheck, the exchange of virtual Bitcoin currencies in Japan, losing 523 million NEM coins (Japanese cryptocurrency) worth 58 billion yen. Youbit from South Korea lost 17% of its digital assets. Gox, based in Tokyo, Japan lost 750 thousand Bitcoin coins
GemmaJon

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:26:14 AM

I agree that trading platforms are the target of hackers, but because of its anonymity, people can easily send illegal coins.
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:52:49 AM

No i believe bitcoin is not immune in hacking and fraud because there are a lot of hackers and would like to trick people today. This also the reason why the governments of a country don't like cryptocurrency because they think it is just a scam to steal all of your money.
we often see in market much exchanger or wallet hacked and millions dollar stolen.no one safe in any place in this world.people become smarter since technology developtment growth massively.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
maligu

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:59:52 AM

Hackers can only steal your information, and you can't steal your block directly. Do you know the famous blackmail event? It makes Bitcoin's reputation louder. I think you should go to learn the blackmail incident.

kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:22:32 AM

Bitcoin is secure and it is good because it can not be hacked easily while the fraud chances are very less and in fiat money there are high chances of theft while your wallet can be stolen any time but in crypto your money is highly secure and every where you can go freely and from there you can pay amounts online from your online wallet so it is a great achievement of blockchain technology that now we are getting the benefits from it.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:43:04 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 06:54:10 AM by stayeduptolate

Exchanges are lot vulnerable to hacks due to the fact that there are many unpatched security flaws of which the hackers take advantage of and gain lots of money. But your second statement is absolutely right and we can never recover the bitcoins from a lost wallet if you aren't having any backup of it also the bitcoin wallet can never be accessed without a password if it is password protected and the security is also pretty tough and will take many centuries to be bruteforced.
Kurevazeyo

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 10:21:27 AM

My opinion is different because bitcoin can be hacked and fraudulent. Indeed, most hacking because of our own carelessness can be the entrance to hackers in stealing bitcoins in our e-wallet. An example is the incoming email that guides us to tell the private key that is unwittingly the hacker's actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: