Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is Bitcoin used to extort people?  (Read 1959 times)
total.room

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:46:39 AM

Menurut saya tidak gan,karna bitcoint adalah pekerjaan secara online,justru bitcoint bagus di gunakan oleh masyarakat sekitar,karna bitcoin bisa merubah nasib seseorang yang lebih baik untuk masa depan yang cerah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:52:36 AM

It can indeed happen, which is often done by Sandra at this time, they usually prefer bitcoin as a means of payment may be due to the ease of existing in bitcoin transactions.
Cita1

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:57:44 AM

Because of the semi-anonymous nature of Bitcoin, it’s used in ransomware attacks. Hackers breach networks and hold them hostage until payment is made to them. Hospitals and schools have been victims of these types of attacks. However, unlike cash, which was favored by thieves in the past, Bitcoin always leaves a trail in the blockchain that investigators can follow.

This is what i am afraid off but it doesn't discourage me it only made me regretful that a good system is being used to extort people. I hope they can police this people who are doing bad things in crypto world.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:01:32 AM

It can indeed happen, which is often done by Sandra at this time, they usually prefer bitcoin as a means of payment may be due to the ease of existing in bitcoin transactions.

who is that sandra youre talkng about? They maybe used bitcoin because bitcoin is fast and anonymous when compared to fiats although fiats can also be used when doing illegal activities such as extortion. Also , criminals prefer to use bitcoin because bitcoin cant be charged back or irreversible after paying someone , not unlike to paypal , payza , payooner or any other payment methods online. Bitcoin doesnt also uses credentials or important infos before or during you make a transaction. Those are few reasons why bitcoin is the best for illegal activities.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:08:06 AM

Because of the semi-anonymous nature of Bitcoin, it’s used in ransomware attacks. Hackers breach networks and hold them hostage until payment is made to them. Hospitals and schools have been victims of these types of attacks. However, unlike cash, which was favored by thieves in the past, Bitcoin always leaves a trail in the blockchain that investigators can follow.

I think, the point here is to become too strict on how coins are being used especially in tracking where and when it is being used. Such scams should be stopped or else people will lose interest in bitcoin. Strict regulation must be obeserved.
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:32:48 AM

Bitcoin is not used to blackmail people, and if there is extortion and charging with bitcoin, it is actually very easy to trace, due to the nature of the decentralized bitcoin.
bnmh23

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:55:23 AM

The hackers undermined the network seem to be an organized and premeditated action. Although hackers require that attacked users need to pay bitcoins to unlock hacked files, I think that hackers are actually being used to buy and use bitcoin as an aggressor.
Bitcoin was used by the bad guys.
Korekcorat

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:01:16 AM

Ransomware has aggravated the argument about bitcoin, nothing is impossible. and FIat has been used for crimes such as extortion, illegal trade and other crimes.
we need strict rules and laws.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

I think not, but it is the nature of the individual about the mechanism of extortion technique by means of crypto transaction.
I do not know why many people use the excuse that bitcoin is often used for crime or drug deals. in fact, the individual himself is the source of the evil.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

I don't think so bitcoin really extort people but I also think that somewhere it is been done. And by the way, there is no need to worry about hackers because now we can easily track the bitcoin transactions but I think ransomware attacks have created doubts and fear in everyone's mind that anything is possible to hack in this world. This has been discussed among the government circles for many times and i think we need highly strict and secured laws governing the bitcoin.Let's see how secured the bitcoin will be in coming time.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:41:38 AM

No hacker works for the good except the hacker works for the government or one of the security companies. The hackers make us dizzy with everything they do, only the losses they incur. When they begin to blackmail us should not give what they ask because if we give no guarantee when the money will come they will not do the same.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:16:06 AM

in my opinion whether bitcoin can be used to blackmail people? it depends on each individual. if the person being squeezed know every detail of bitcoin, how to get it, the way of the transaction, its security, i think it will not happen. smart people will always fool a fools, then from that we should always learn about progress world.
  I agree about Bitcoin always leaving a trail in the blockchain that can be followed by investigators. The investigator can also trace it through the ip address of the user's device of the transaction because before the transaction there is always a conversation between the two parties.
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Menurut saya tidak gan,karna bitcoint adalah pekerjaan secara online,justru bitcoint bagus di gunakan oleh masyarakat sekitar,karna bitcoin bisa merubah nasib seseorang yang lebih baik untuk masa depan yang cerah
depending on the person using bitcoin, bitcoin can be used by everyone even can also be used in criminal action. it is precisely this online nature that people easily take action extortion and fraud that harm to others. bitcoin is also anonymous so we will not know who that person's identity is.
shultz1994

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:35:49 AM

It is possible to track transactions, but it is impossible to know the personalities who participated in it. Attackers can claim or extort the keys and only users whose identity they know.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

Ransomware has aggravated the argument about bitcoin, nothing is impossible. and FIat has been used for crimes such as extortion, illegal trade and other crimes.
we need strict rules and laws.
Who's gonna enact and make the laws, when the crypto market is not even regulated and there is nobody to put a control upon it. In fact there are many countries where they are not even ready to accept the bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Both the crypto assets and the fiat are being used for undertaking the crimes, and illegal activities. But the nature of transactions in the crypto market is anonymous. You can be traced but your identity is known to anyone. SO the problem of finding the defaulter still persists. The use of the bitcoin for the ransomware activities is not going to decrease anyway what I think! Probably the proportion of the population doing so will reduce as there are more people in the mainstream population who have become the part of the bitcoin community undertaking only the legal activities.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

Grow with time or time leaves you behind, thieves, hackers have grown smarter than before. Tracking bitcoin is not that easy, plus the person identity remains safe, then the possibility of growth in returns is also extra incentive. With cash people can give fake money but with bitcoins you can't do that. However there're very few cases like this being reported.
Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:30:07 AM

I think not, but it is the nature of the individual about the mechanism of extortion technique by means of crypto transaction.
I do not know why many people use the excuse that bitcoin is often used for crime or drug deals. in fact, the individual himself is the source of the evil.

This is the main argument against adoption bitcoin as a legal tender especially from government circles.
It is becoming relatively easier to track bitcoin transactions especially if they eventually cash out through exchanges which normally would require KYC procedures of the user.Bitcoin is certainly a tool of choice to extort people who want to remain in the 'dark'.
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:55:57 AM

BTC is not for extortion, but for extortion. Because of the anonymity of BTC, such sources are not easily queried, as are the same XMR and dash.

Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

I think the use of Bitcoin dark continues due to some misery but is not growing significantly. They have some unidentified currency that they can use. bitcoin will run as ransomware and it will be easy to buy through coinbase. So I think Bitcoin used to extort people.
hualangktsld841

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:52:02 PM

In this type of time, the use of XMR or DASH will make tracking more difficult, and the proportion of the two coins is increasing in the use of dark networks. Of course, the use of bitcoin to pay ransom is not the problem of bitcoin itself, but the motive of people who use this method.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: