Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:30:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Market Cap SCAM!!!  (Read 802 times)
rivkavender (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:17:45 AM

I don't understand. The video said CMC is showing wrong data. We don't know it's intentional or not. If it's just by mistake, it's ok. If intentional, what do they gain by doing so? If we aren't sure they are getting something out of it, how can wee say they are scamming?
Right, being a little wrong on a shit ton of coins with a small margin for error is not scamming. They probably just have different systems so they're not constantly scraping exchanges and overloading servers. It's an ethical thing to do to not automatically have bots scrape websites over and over, because once a few websites do that, it starts to cause a lot of load on the exchanges they're scraping data from.

Thats another good point! but again i still think that because ICO companys pay CMC for the their coin to be put on there obviously and then the workers of CMC get inside info as well which is just unfair so why should we support something like that !
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:09:07 PM

Guys if you havent heard already theres supposedly a huge SCAM going on with our favorite Coin Market Cap, check out this video towards the end he dicusses it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ql-_TZH9rc&t=812s

and what do you guys think is going on?
Have checked in it but it seems he was only stating it with no solid proofs this video is not alarming it's just pure bullshit. These people are the cause why bitcoin's price is unstable and digging deeper they are the one to blame because they are spreading fake news in the internet and scaring potential buyers.
rivkavender (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:11:03 PM

Guys if you havent heard already theres supposedly a huge SCAM going on with our favorite Coin Market Cap, check out this video towards the end he dicusses it:

Have checked in it but it seems he was only stating it with no solid proofs this video is not alarming it's just pure bullshit. These people are the cause why bitcoin's price is unstable and digging deeper they are the one to blame because they are spreading fake news in the internet and scaring potential buyers.

I hear ya
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:07:14 PM

I don't think there is a need to call it a scam since false price of the coins might be a bug in the their script or API. If its true that they haven't fixed the problem after a long time, then people need to look for other alternatives. Also, I personally don't use coinmarketcap since they advertise some scam ICO's at times.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:15:34 PM

but again i still think that because ICO companys pay CMC for the their coin to be put on there obviously and then the workers of CMC get inside info as well which is just unfair so why should we support something like that !

If that's your main reasoning, then you should blame exchanges as well. Bittrex for example knows that when they list a coin, the overall market will get a massive boost -- that's crucial information worth possibly millions if the coin or ICO is large enough. It's precious and valuable information that basically everyone would use in his advantage, and I would do exactly the same. Does that mean you're legally acting on criminal ground? Of course, but there is no point in acting like a hypocrite here -- everyone here would do the same without hesitating. People in this case act like its unethical behavior, but if they are in the advantageous position, this practice suddenly isn't all that unethical anymore....
rivkavender (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:17:33 PM

but again i still think that because ICO companys pay CMC for the their coin to be put on there obviously and then the workers of CMC get inside info as well which is just unfair so why should we support something like that !

If that's your main reasoning, then you should blame exchanges as well. Bittrex for example knows that when they list a coin, the overall market will get a massive boost -- that's crucial information worth possibly millions if the coin or ICO is large enough. It's precious and valuable information that basically everyone would use in his advantage, and I would do exactly the same. Does that mean you're legally acting on criminal ground? Of course, but there is no point in acting like a hypocrite here -- everyone here would do the same without hesitating. People in this case act like its unethical behavior, but if they are in the advantageous position, this practice suddenly isn't all that unethical anymore....

I hear what ur saying
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

I don't understand. The video said CMC is showing wrong data. We don't know it's intentional or not. If it's just by mistake, it's ok. If intentional, what do they gain by doing so? If we aren't sure they are getting something out of it, how can wee say they are scamming?
Right, being a little wrong on a shit ton of coins with a small margin for error is not scamming. They probably just have different systems so they're not constantly scraping exchanges and overloading servers. It's an ethical thing to do to not automatically have bots scrape websites over and over, because once a few websites do that, it starts to cause a lot of load on the exchanges they're scraping data from.

Thats another good point! but again i still think that because ICO companys pay CMC for the their coin to be put on there obviously and then the workers of CMC get inside info as well which is just unfair so why should we support something like that !
Everyone do make mistakes and nobody is perfect so this error is just acceptable as long as they aware of their actions that only means that they are just experiencing a human error. Calling it as a scam since they did not steal anything is not right, should OP owe some apology to coinmarketcap? but nah, they didn't bother to point you anyway because they don't know you and i think it would so nonsense if they react to this tiny human error.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:39:12 PM

Calling it as a scam since they did not steal anything is not right, should OP owe some apology to coinmarketcap?
It's not a scam, but people here are used to call everything they don't agree with a scam, which is somewhat understandable. It's not that Coinmarketcap is an unbiased party in this market.

Their main incentive to show you that what earns them the most money. It's their site so they can do with it what they want. I personally don't pay much attention to that site aside from when I am looking into fork coins unload.

They mostly show you all the exchanges that are allowing coins to be traded on, which comes handy with all the forks we have gone through lately. I lost count of how many it were, but can't complain with the returns.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
rivkavender (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:16:13 AM

Calling it as a scam since they did not steal anything is not right, should OP owe some apology to coinmarketcap?
It's not a scam, but people here are used to call everything they don't agree with a scam, which is somewhat understandable. It's not that Coinmarketcap is an unbiased party in this market.

Their main incentive to show you that what earns them the most money. It's their site so they can do with it what they want. I personally don't pay much attention to that site aside from when I am looking into fork coins unload.

They mostly show you all the exchanges that are allowing coins to be traded on, which comes handy with all the forks we have gone through lately. I lost count of how many it were, but can't complain with the returns.

I also agree with people calling things they dont agree with a scam like POWH3D
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:14:39 PM

Mates would you all please stop this. Continuesly agree each others posts and saying same thing. I suggest op to lock this thread. Like signature campaign query thread we may find many spam answers more.
Better locking thread will be a perfect even I think op got the answer for his query already.
rivkavender (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:15:54 PM

Mates would you all please stop this. Continuesly agree each others posts and saying same thing. I suggest op to lock this thread. Like signature campaign query thread we may find many spam answers more.
Better locking thread will be a perfect even I think op got the answer for his query already.

why do you care so much there are a million other threads go join one of them and leave us alone lol
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

Why would you think coinmarketcap is a scam? Just because there are things that you are looking for and you can't seem to find them? Coinmarketcap is not a exchange in the first place, they rely on the exchanges before they will publish the data in the website. And coinmarketcap is not scamming anyone its actually the best place to check for coins to buy.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:23:33 AM

Some price differences because of API, delays etc. So what's wrong with it, they try to sell you anything? No. So why yelling?

Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:35:24 PM

Well Its hard to believe. CMC is one of the biggest website and they are getting a lot of revenue by high amount of traffic to their sites. If they are doing such shitty things in exchange of money, they will lose their trust and repo and will no longer be able to attract such high viewer ship.
I hope it was a mistake and they keep on giving us right information.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:49:42 PM

Well Its hard to believe. CMC is one of the biggest website and they are getting a lot of revenue by high amount of traffic to their sites. If they are doing such shitty things in exchange of money, they will lose their trust and repo and will no longer be able to attract such high viewer ship.
I hope it was a mistake and they keep on giving us right information.
We arent still moved on to this issue? Coinmarketcap is already fully aware on such thing and they might already able to fixed up those numbers which didnt even mind to be updated.I dont see this would really be a big issue  unless if they would really see pure manipulation on marketprice then it would be really risking their top reputation when it comes to checking out market prices of top coins in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

I think this must be checked by some institutions, to make sure no body gets affected. It is unethical, if its true.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:12:29 PM

I think this must be checked by some institutions, to make sure no body gets affected. It is unethical, if its true.
Sure, let's further centralize this entire market legally just because people are too lazy and stupid to do some actual research before believing everything they read on the internet.

Should we also seek for various institutions to mentally check and approve people before they are allowed to invest in anything? You know what's unethical? That we blame external elements for people's stupidity.

Bitcoin is not a tool for criminals just because some of them are using it. In the same way, if you take Coinmarketcap's word for granted and you lose money because of it, it doesn't make them a scam. It makes you a noob.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:41:07 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 02:02:54 AM by GoldenLad

Well, another FUD in this bear market period. Coinmarketcap would not do that for sure and anyone that is highly-skilled in the market would notice that right away but there are no people addressing it so that is a just s pure FUD.
It wasn't actually a FUD. There was an issue with the coinmarketcapital website and I think they might have solve the issue. Probably it was a bug but I believe that whatever that happened then caused a price changes that wasn't supposed to be. I like and trusted coinmarketcap, but this incident surprised me and I suspect it have have done the same to some people too.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:47:11 AM

Don't think the scam accusations are completely justified but its the go to resource because it was the first in best dressed and is still the most popular

The new watchlist feature is handy although its a bit much expecting new assets to have $100,000+ daily turn over just to get listed

bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:30:25 PM

Nah, Coinmarketcap is here to stay. The video is deleted btw.
For people crying about the design, what do you actually need??
Nobody needs a "good" looking UI, with crazy amount of JS and stuff like that, so it loads slow af.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: