Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the governments ban all privacy cryptocurrencies ?  (Read 2430 times)
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:20:24 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?

Good question. Right now it still hasn't attracted that much attention from the government because they are busy attacking bitcoin but I'm sure that it is already in their radar. But I'm sure that when privacy coins grow exponentially in the next 5 years, I'm sure that the government will target it because we all know what privacy coins is, to hide everything from the prying eyes of everyone including governments.

So I wouldn't be surprise will go after Monero or Zcash or any other privacy coins in the future. I don't know what steps they gonna take, but I'm sure it's more harsher than bitcoin, probably a ban, but I don't know if they can go as further as prohibiting exchanges. Its a free market, they might as well close those exchanges instead of prohibition, and it will be difficult for them to make them comply specially DEX.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:30:41 PM

Thet shouldnt because we are decentralized community and no one can dictate our market ,especially the use of these privacy coins how the heck thats going to happen? if they wanted to ban privacy coins they should banned the whol cryptocurrencies ! that is absurd action from the governent if they are really going to do that .

cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:39:23 PM

They shouldnt be doing this because cryptocurrencies are created to have a total anonymity its the freedom of cryptocurrencies and we shouldnt be allowing these people or government to take that away because that is the main reason why bitcoin is created to remove the centralization and to have transact anonymously.

supelle.born

Activity: 286
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

Governments are doing everything to end crypto privacy. I just hope they do not end the market and the dream of us small investors
cryptocrocs

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:51:19 PM

We hope they wont,because if they did thats just the start of more bans! we shouldnt be allowing these people to restrict any of the cryptocurrencies because we are a decentralized community these are decentralized currencies which they arent allowed to control ! no one should control any of these currencies because thee are created to give us anonymity.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
btctalk123

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:53:11 PM

Why do you consider yourself as a "small" investor?

I think that we all know that cryptos are something very useful, but they are not just an investment, most of those privacy coins are very useful after all.
Governments are doing everything to end crypto privacy. I just hope they do not end the market and the dream of us small investors

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:55:28 PM

Hope not because it could be the reason why most of the cryptocurrencies will ba banned,if we allow this to happen these government will control our community that i why we shouldnt be allowing this to happen! cryptocurrencies are decentralized currencies which no one should control it,thats purely centralization all over again!

efodix

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:58:21 PM

I suppose governments will always try to regulate cryptocurrencies and as they also want to have their piece of pie from taxes.

stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:59:11 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?

I dont think they will succeed in killing privacy coin.Privacy coins are designed in the first instance to remove transactions from the prying eyes of government.And they decide to ban exchanges from listing them,it will only spur more interest in the coins,moreover,Government cannot control all exchanges across different countries.And even if they do,their are a lot of decentralized exchanges where people can easily convert privacy coins to other coin.It will be a futile effort and a sinister one at that.The surge in price in privacy coins is just an indication that a lot of interest lies there since bitcoins are now pseudo anonymous
cryptomngr

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

I hope not because it could be the reason why most of these people will try to control the cryptocurrencies,our community will put  a risk into such regulations or restriction,these are privacy coins and created to have a total anonymity.They shouldnt be regualated because cryptocurrencies are created to give us freedom to transact.

cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:05:40 PM

If these privacy coins will be regulated by the government it could be the reason why most of these currencies will collapse,privacy coins are created specific to give us pure anonimity when transacting online its our freedom and freedom of all the cryptocurrencies if they want these currencies to be removed they should removed all of the cryptocurrencies.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

They shouldnt because these are cryptocurrencies,and they are created to give us total anonymity when transacting online,if they are going to banned these privacy coin the cryptocurrencies will start to be regulated and we shouldnt be allowing these things to happen.It will be the start of the fall of the cryptocurrencies which aimed to have anonimity and decentralization.

cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:34:00 PM

They wont,becase if they will ban these privacy coins the next one would be all the cryptocurrencies ! we shouldnt be allowing these people to control the our community because we are decentralized community,these privacy coins are created to give us anonimity it is what they are created for and they shouldnt take this away from us ,satoshi will be much disappointed!

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:38:29 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 02:28:37 PM by justine11

They government are trying their efforts to implement the rules and regulations in cryptocurrencies because in the eyes of the government privacy coin like monero and decentralized coins like bitcoin could be used in illegal activities like money laundering, buying drugs and illegal firearms or could finance terrorists so, the government ordered the exchanges to implement identity verifications in order to make a withdrawals.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:40:38 PM

Many countries are doing it already but there are few also who have legalize it. Goodluck to your journey and may you become successful.
kengeorge21

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:54:06 PM

depends on the government you are talking, if first and foremost that country is not crypto-friendly even if it is a privacy type or not they can simply impose ban trading of those coins, privacy coins has a lot of potential because of its demand so don't get scared investing on those, you don't earn if you don't take the risk.

COINISM0001

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:00:59 AM

Even if they ban, you can earn your profits, convert to blockchain explorable coins and convert to FIAT.

They would ban this because they can't figure out who owns them and whats the blockchain log. So they won't be able to track you as well.

IMHO Privacy coins have a huge advantage over others.

CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:33:00 AM

I think if governments would like to bun crypto they already done it. Now they want to get income from taxes on it.
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:35:26 AM

I think if the goverment ban any cryptocurrency they will pick certain ones like Monero that are well known and used widely. As an effect users would move to another privacy coin that might eventually be banned and then the story repeats itself again. You can see this happening in the war against designer drugs. It would be too difficult to ban a certain category in a market that is understood by very few people.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:43:40 AM

I think it's impossible for everyone to BAN privacy crypto because they are decentralizated.... they can only eventually not allowing exchanges to do pairs with FIAT money but this is not a problem...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: