Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got $1000 to spend, ETH or other alt coin/s?  (Read 323 times)
rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 07:59:27 PM

Hi All,

I have 1000 to spend and not sure what to buy?!!!

I was thinking of buying two ETHs but decided to post here and ask your views if there were better coins to spend that money on or 2x ETH is a good idea?

Maybe get Coins that are low priced, low cap and have huge potential in future.

ETH or cheaper coins for better returns in future?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thanks

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

Hi All,

I was thinking of buying two ETHs but decided to post here and ask your views if there were better coins to spend that money on or 2x ETH is a good idea?

Thanks

I believe that it is important to collect a balanced portfolio to reduce the rate of one coin, offset by an increase in the rate of the other. Coins must be independent of each other. I would have bought the percentage of 30% BTC - 20% ETH - 20% LTC - 20% NEO - 10% ZRX.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:53:40 PM

Now it is good time to invest. I would suggest to split it on two or three. The amount is too small for Bitcoin, but I would go for Ethereum and NEO.

mlkvch

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:05:35 PM

Why not diversify your portfolio? Buy ETH on $500 and few other altcoins on other $500.  Roll Eyes Btw, I think you chose the good time to buy.
babay_ko

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:15:07 PM

I think the best decision will be buying not only one coin.It would be better if you buy different coins.It can help you to diversify your portfolio.It is good time to buy alts.

Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:18:35 PM

Hi All,

Thanks

Ether, this is a great idea. We already watched its price around $ 1300. This only proves its significance. And there are high hopes that the price will even be higher. On the other hand, I would buy a few more coins from the top ten.
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

Hi All,

Thanks

It all depends on how much risk you want to take with your investment.

If you want to go with the safe route put something like 40% in BTC, 30% ETH, 30% XMR. This won't give you huge returns but you'll be pretty safe.

If you want to go with the risky route buy with your $1000 only ETH and research into ICOs, that's where you'll get the best returns for your investments. Just do lots and lots of hours of research before investing and don't listen too much to other people shills.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Gregsman

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:30:50 PM

Depends on where are you taking that 1000$ If that is everything that you got, Ethereum is a good investment. If you have 1000$ to throw away, you could invest in some riskier small value coins that are still good to invest. In both cases, I advise you to invest in Ethereum. Even a 33% investment in Ethereum could cover your 66% loss if you chose badly on other altcoins.
kz06

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:35:57 PM

the market is not stable from some days. if you want to invest i think ETH is the best option but you can invest in both 50% of your investment put in ETH and 50% put in Alts and the best alts are SC, DGB, BCN small coins but profitable now a days
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:37:30 PM

Hi All,

Thanks

It is better if you look at the coins in the marketcap for you to be able to decide which is the best coins that you are going to hold other than ETH itself. Might as well do some research before you start to buy the coins for your long-term investments.
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:39:29 PM

50% into eth and 50% into either NEO or waves.

What do you think?
carnitastaco

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:40:51 PM

Now it is good time to invest. I would suggest to split it on two or three. The amount is too small for Bitcoin, but I would go for Ethereum and NEO.
I do not think that's a good idea. Of the three options that you proposed, he has the least support
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:40:58 PM

ETH is a terrible investment moving forward. Pointless, centralized, premined bullshit that's useful only for facilitating ICO scams. ETH has never released anything of value, and never will. They talk a lot and deliver nothing.

Put 50% in BTC , 50% in XMR and don't believe any of these inbreds when they inevitably suggest Shithereum.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:47:47 PM

Hm, don't hold me for a word, but I guess you should have NEO, IOTA & Cardano in your portfolio.
IOTA and NEO since they should have some new protocols and projects on this year and because of that I expect them to go strongest in the forthcoming bull run, relatively speaking. Cardano, on the other hand, is a momentary strongest very-long-term investment.....

Then I believe you should pick up something outside of top coins list, just for the sake of the speculative strength..... I am a strong supporter of eBitcoin for example, but nevertheless be careful, study it on your own...... Ox looks very interesting......

Jarek111

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Buy ether 50% of your capital. Rest you can invest in other alts.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:56:10 PM

BTC ETH XRP and DOGE I think this coin that has high potential ,, if there is seeing growth in every year is very promising ,, but you must remember do not you misstep in investing in large enough amount ,, because not necessarily you are able to lost it ,,
bitcoin I think will be good for long-term investment
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:02:12 PM

Hi All,

Thanks

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
I was asking myself what to do when cryptocurrency goes down and found out that the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:04:52 PM

Ethereum is very good option to invest but 1000 dollars will be better for cheaper coins. I recommend you try with neo and eos
alexeylom

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:08:42 PM

As for me, the Ethereum is more reliable, because you will definitely get profit from it, maybe not quite big enough. But if you buy some alternative coins, then the risk is many times higher, but the reward may be much larger
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:14:01 PM

What is your goal here?  Is it for long term investment or you want to use money for day trading. If it is long term investment or just hodling, ethereum is fine. It is a good coin and you will probably profit from it long term. If you want to do some trading on the side, choose some low price, high volume coins to trade.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: