Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Tournament - Win Crypto by getting high scores  (Read 132 times)
SamJohn (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:40:53 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 10:58:32 PM by SamJohn

I made this site where you can win Crypto by getting the top five high scores in a puzzle game. The site also serves as a learning resource for people new to Crypto.

If you play make sure to read the rules. If you play without registering on the site your score will not be submitted.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Cheesy

www.dayofcrypto.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3429

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:45:25 AM

You will also one receive an email telling you your current personal high score .
Having a better display of that (including "SCORE" and "SITE BEST") would be nice (live update). I almost missed those since I had to double click each (instead of a single click).

You must forward your winning email to- highscore@dayofcrypto.com in order to confirm and validate that it is you who has achieved the high score.
The whole process should be automated (no point in having that step).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SamJohn (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:06:30 AM

You will also one receive an email telling you your current personal high score .
Having a better display of that (including "SCORE" and "SITE BEST") would be nice (live update). I almost missed those since I had to double click each (instead of a single click).

You must forward your winning email to- highscore@dayofcrypto.com in order to confirm and validate that it is you who has achieved the high score.
The whole process should be automated (no point in having that step).

Thanks very much for your feedback! I will certainly try to see what I can do. I'm not actually a web developer I'm a noob on WordPress so it's a struggle but I definitely see what you are saying.

As for the email thing I'm going to seriously think about that. I implemented it as an extra step against any potential abuse just to be extra safe. I don't want to get caught out by any funny business with name creation. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again for your input!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3429

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:14:53 AM

Thanks very much for your feedback! I will certainly try to see what I can do. I'm not actually a web developer I'm a noob on WordPress so it's a struggle but I definitely see what you are saying.

As for the email thing I'm going to seriously think about that. I implemented it as an extra step against any potential abuse just to be extra safe. I don't want to get caught out by any funny business with name creation. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again for your input!
You're very welcome. Just to be clear, you meant for cases that a user might try change its name into one of the top score users? If that's the case, then simply disabling the function of changing the name and email from the dashboard (like "Usernames"), should solve that issue.

On a side note: The top score board, seems to be showing a faulty order and result (highlighted part, similar stats to the top user, different name and incorrect position):

User   Score
Guest   22748
chakri1804   8788
csand87   8716
andrewt3n   7504
jennyminch   6596
Juxster   6384
Samwiseganja   5348
Shiggles   4848
tes3test   3084
XInvincibleX   2284
sphlonx   22748