Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox BTC withdraw gone missing, MtGox claim its in the blockchain  (Read 2624 times)
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:59:53 PM

Hi,

19.9BTC withdrawn from mtgox 24 hours ago to address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1Lak4KNqAcxz1Lmqo2LeSznJ8Uh7joD1Rf

I do not see 19.9 sent to this address does anyone?

I emailed support yesterday they tell me:

Please be noted that when withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion

ok great so i just wait 24 hours right?.... wrong

I emailed back just now 30 mins ago & i get told this:

Dennis, Oct 28 02:29 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Please be noted that btc transaction has appeared in the block chain.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Lak4KNqAcxz1Lmqo2LeSznJ8Uh7joD1Rf

We will keep you updated once the transaction has completed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

And i just linked MtGox to this topic here is there response... ive been real nice to them.

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Sorry for the confusion, we have forwarded this to our development team, we will keep you updated once the transaction has been appeared in the block chain and completed successfully.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:13:26 PM

Looks like they are using the BOFH excuse generator.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:31:50 PM

me:

will you insure me against loses if the bitcoin price drops below what i paid if you havent solved my problem soon? I paid $190 per bitcoin.

Im happy for you to recredit my account with 19.9 BTC right now

them:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. We are sorry to inform you that BTC transactions can not be reversed and as advised we have escalated this our development team and they do not work on weekend and they will look in to this as soon as they get in to your queue and I will keep you updated once your withdrawal appears on block chain.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:34:43 PM

Damn, annoying.

Seems MtGox forgot how to send BTC transactions.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:37:33 PM

yep but so far they've made me money lol, god knows how long this will take so not counting chickens at all.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:32:03 AM

me

Hello,

If the bitcoin price crashed right now i would never have had a chance to sell due to my bitcoin being stuck in your system. I ask for you to provide me compensation only if this should happen, will you do that?

them

Ashley, Oct 28 13:26 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email. We have merged your tickets for a better follow up. We apologize for the delay. We have already escalated to the development team and they are working on it. We will keep you updated once the transaction is processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:14:54 AM

someone asked me on BTC-e if 19.9BTC was in my withdraw history

I want to be clear on my complaint here..... i do trust MtGox will provide the withdraw "soon".  What i want is my $190 price i paid guaranteed refunded should BTC crash.  Their support is purposefully avoiding my exact request despite it being their error. I have no control to trade on that money right now.   Most recent email:

Me:

Hi guys,

Do you understand what i mean by asking you to insure me against your error? (i dont care how long you take, i only care about losing money.)

i will link all responses including resolution if this issue when provided here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319789.0

them:

no reply
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 02:51:44 PM

Never seen this problem before, nothing else you can do but to wait for their reply I guess...

BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:51:40 PM

also made a thread on reddit like the attention whore i am has some good posts though

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pdkk8/mtgox_have_failed_to_process_my_btc_withdraw/

a guy said this:

They can give you the raw transaction information (with the signature), and you can push it manually from blockchain.info.

It'll make it so that instead of relying on mtgox to broadcast (aka process) your tx, blockchain.info can do it for you.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

looks like they dont want to give me whatever the raw transaction anyway i just asked & got:

Hello,

Thank you for the email. You will be updated by concern person regarding this.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:33:47 PM

Stop asking for a refund in case of crash, since obviously they'll never ever ever accept such a thing, and focus on actually getting your money back, since you have some chances of winning that.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

since obviously they'll never ever ever accept such a thing

I didnt think it was unreasonable since its not my mistake & i waited 24 hours like they said before i complained but anyway.... i dont know what i can do from now?
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:06:20 AM

Maybe this is naive but i got into bitcoin earlier this year & its been my life since ok due to its political game changing power mainly, im just going to write cause it helps remove frustration & might aswell be here...

I requested the raw transaction file with signature (as was suggested to me) 12 hours ago, they said maybe... & will email necessary person.... still havent got back to me still not solved.  So i assume they really just dont give a shit enough about me/anyone else in this spot as a human organism right? or if they do im getting signals which go against many cultural norms. 

This has made me reconsider alot of things in the bitcoin world, i am aware people have their money stuck from USA & around the world but there was the banking system variable here, i could and can believe a certain level of issues because of government regulations.  I can understand MtGox doesnt want to break laws.  No excuse to not send bitcoin or not communicate fast though.  I do still really hope insurance vs bitcoin price drop could be provided in the future from somebody(maybe me) if BTC withdraw is not delivered on time via the trading platform.

The service we receive from exchanges is mixed lets face it.... all of them "suck" in some way, the competition is just too small right now i guess - maybe this is also a glimpse of a libertarian society in action but we have no "enforcement agency" like as theorized in true libertarianism.  Im all for functioning libertarianism btw. 

Im as much concerned about other people here as i am worried about myself hence i will now be working towards helping the "exchange" problem from now on in some capacity, i havent yet worked out how exactly.  I have heard of buttercoin i need to research this if its what i think it is.

I understand how pissed you guys must feel who have $s stuck for months. i had the same with fulltiltpoker if anyone remembers this.

I would use MtGox again already, probably more so when and if they improve vs now 1.)Im just 1 guy trying to whore a living like anyone, im not going to pretend to be bigger than this with some over the top moral code 2.)i believe change is possible for people/business

Im aware business running like this isnt unique to the crypto world also but we are better than this, bitcoin, crypto currency is above this imo.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:35:30 PM

Maybe this is naive but i got into bitcoin earlier this year & its been my life since ok due to its political game changing power mainly, im just going to write cause it helps remove frustration & might aswell be here...

I requested the raw transaction file with signature (as was suggested to me) 12 hours ago, they said maybe... & will email necessary person.... still havent got back to me still not solved.  So i assume they really just dont give a shit enough about me/anyone else in this spot as a human organism right? or if they do im getting signals which go against many cultural norms.  

This has made me reconsider alot of things in the bitcoin world, i am aware people have their money stuck from USA & around the world but there was the banking system variable here, i could and can believe a certain level of issues because of government regulations.  I can understand MtGox doesnt want to break laws.  No excuse to not send bitcoin or not communicate fast though.  I do still really hope insurance vs bitcoin price drop could be provided in the future from somebody(maybe me) if BTC withdraw is not delivered on time via the trading platform.

The service we receive from exchanges is mixed lets face it.... all of them "suck" in some way, the competition is just too small right now i guess - maybe this is also a glimpse of a libertarian society in action but we have no "enforcement agency" like as theorized in true libertarianism.  Im all for functioning libertarianism btw.  

Im as much concerned about other people here as i am worried about myself hence i will now be working towards helping the "exchange" problem from now on in some capacity, i havent yet worked out how exactly.  I have heard of buttercoin i need to research this if its what i think it is.

I understand how pissed you guys must feel who have $s stuck for months. i had the same with fulltiltpoker if anyone remembers this.

I would use MtGox again already, probably more so when and if they improve vs now 1.)Im just 1 guy trying to whore a living like anyone, im not going to pretend to be bigger than this with some over the top moral code 2.)i believe change is possible for people/business

Im aware business running like this isnt unique to the crypto world also but we are better than this, bitcoin, crypto currency is above this imo.

How much does the DOJ have from your Full Tilt balance lol
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:40:14 PM

None anymore because im not in USA got money back first day it reopened but my money was still held for months like everyone.

Thinking of sending another transaction through in a while maybe this one was stuck in the gox pipe might dislodge it?  didnt want to do anymore outward transactions incase they get confused or something : /
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:12:46 PM

How much does the DOJ have from your Full Tilt balance lol

you a poker player btw? how bad is this negative ev right that gox has my money stuck given the nature of bitcoin volatility. if its not their error then fine..... but shit they already owe me plenty of ev here, freerolling me they are
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:14:09 AM

Dear Sir

Thank you for your patience. As you can see from (https://blockchain.info/address/1Lak4KNqAcxz1Lmqo2LeSznJ8Uh7joD1Rf) your transaction as finally been confirmed by the blockchain.

We are very sorry that it took so long but please understand that Bitcoin transaction confirmations are not under our control.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:49:28 AM

We are very sorry that it took so long but please understand that Bitcoin transaction confirmations are not under our control.
Much lol, it's things like that that make me think that outlawing lying might make sense...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:40:41 AM

Much lol, it's things like that that make me think that outlawing lying might make sense...

big lol on this reply.. the end was evidently very very close..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: