Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NBitcoin] GetNewAddress for a specific wallet ?  (Read 121 times)
Tom741 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:25:29 PM

Hello,
I saw some examples using NBitcoin to generate Keys and addresses with it.

I have some questions related to the use of it (for the moment I'm just a simple user of Electrum to receive/send bitcoin, but I want to use bitcoin as a payment option on my site without passing by a third party like bitpay):
- are the key / address generated linked to a wallet ?
- is there a way to "link" new addresses to a wallet ?
- Electrum use a password when I import and send payment. Why NBitcoin doesn't ask for a password when generating a key ?

Thanks Smiley,
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:44:40 PM

NBitcoin is just a library that you can use to build some application around it. so depending on what you build it can be the same as Electrum or like anything else with any features that you like.

but Electrum is already a complete project (a wallet) with all the features already made by the developers and they have added the password thing so when you choose it you are asked for it.

as for being linked to a wallet, again if you are using NBitcoin, you need to write some code for your storage to store they keys that are generated. you can use a simple random generation of keys and store each of them each time a new one is generated or do what Electrum already does and use a Hierarchical Deterministic way of creating keys in which case you just store the master key or seed and each time you generate a new key it gets it from that master key.
be careful what you do though. security is a very important matter and not easy when you are trying to make your own thing!

there is also a chat room for it here: https://gitter.im/MetacoSA/NBitcoin

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: