Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does bitcoin become a currency?  (Read 2026 times)
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:36:53 AM

In the beginning, BTC could be used to exchange of low value of virtual items, such as buying web sites or game points, virtual items, etc., afterwards, some people in order to get these virtual items, items may be in online auction own reality for BTC, others want to buy the real goods, but no BTC at hand, and then use real money to exchange BTC, as a result, BTC begin to flow, and have a ""value"".
In other words, bitcoin is inherently valuable as a means of payment; If it loses its function as a means of payment, it becomes worthless.
The value of money: it exists because of payment.
In my opinion the first step to bitcoin to became a Hershey is to became an alternative payment method because in my opinion also none of the countries would allow bitcoin to became a main one from the beginning.

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:37:37 AM

In the beginning, BTC could be used to exchange of low value of virtual items, such as buying web sites or game points, virtual items, etc., afterwards, some people in order to get these virtual items, items may be in online auction own reality for BTC, others want to buy the real goods, but no BTC at hand, and then use real money to exchange BTC, as a result, BTC begin to flow, and have a "value".

In other words, bitcoin is inherently valuable as a means of payment; If it loses its function as a means of payment, it becomes worthless.

This is not a question and Bitcoin is not a real currency, it is just for making payments peer-to-peer. If you read about it you must have known that it was made for the purpose of sending and receiving money online. So anyone that defines it in a way different from that is telling you lies.

Although really changed due to the value of Bitcoin that kept increasing due to demands for it, and now most people come with the purpose of HODL till the price goes up so they can make profit.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
BitRentXx

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:17:19 AM

I think bitcoin has failed with its main vision to be the world's currency, just imagine where maybe 21.000.000 bitcoin is shared for the whole world.
but now bitcoin has been a successful investment tool, and I think it goes beyond the previous bitcoin goals.
derocas

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:20:04 AM

Bitcoin is as of now a money, it doesn't have to end up one. You can purchase and offer things with bitcoin and that is the thing that a money is for. Albeit now I think individuals utilize bitcoin as a greater amount of a venture than as a money however that does not imply that bitcoin has quit being a cash.
Zabzab9

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:26:58 AM

Bitcoin can use as payment of online market. The process of transaction is being done using BTC. It also has value for different prices.

So, I would say that Bitcoin is a currency.
Ericgreen

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:41:15 AM

In order for bitcoin to become a currency, there must be an acceptance of the bank's government and the protection of state law, and a mechanism for bitcoin to operate and develop as a currency.
I do not think that these requirements are necessary for bitcoin to become a currency. Bitcoin is created as an online currency and we are already using it as a currency for purchasing different things. I think that the most important is that bitcoin users should be increase so that they can give more support to bitcoin.
eduardoabordo

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

i don't know the answer based on my understanding bitcoin become of digital currency because we cannot touch it but we can swap it in money using the blockchain and you can also use buy item's in the website using bitcoin but it depends if they want to use bitcoin it's look like money and took like a card.
marginal

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:32:04 PM

In the beginning, BTC could be used to exchange of low value of virtual items, such as buying web sites or game points, virtual items, etc., afterwards, some people in order to get these virtual items, items may be in online auction own reality for BTC, others want to buy the real goods, but no BTC at hand, and then use real money to exchange BTC, as a result, BTC begin to flow, and have a "value".

In my opinion fastest way to bitcoin to become a currency as well I would be able to become that in the developing countries all around the world, when it would be accepted on government or level to use bitcoin as a payment method.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:36:55 PM

The currency means if someone can exchange it and it should have value,I think the bitcoin satisfy this requirement so this can be called as a currency too.But until now the bitcoin acceptance as currency is vey rarw we are just using it for the trading of the rypto currencies soon might be the world will adopt to the system where bitcoin will be the main currency.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:55:02 PM

pretty simple, after ico probably. Will you invest in ICO this summer guys? Have you heard about Kelvin Blockchain? I'm willing to invest into it, kindly waiting for your feedback.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:40:56 PM

The currency means if someone can exchange it and it should have value,I think the bitcoin satisfy this requirement so this can be called as a currency too.But until now the bitcoin acceptance as currency is vey rarw we are just using it for the trading of the rypto currencies soon might be the world will adopt to the system where bitcoin will be the main currency.
It is on the people  how they are going to use bitcoin as a currency if people will gonna use this as such for the payment for their bills etc and will  use to remit money to their loved ones then bitcoin will be considered as a currency but nowadays I think that many people are using this as a way of investment rather than currency.

Elwin_Dog

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:00:59 PM

It is on the people  how they are going to use bitcoin as a currency if people will gonna use this as such for the payment for their bills etc and will  use to remit money to their loved ones then bitcoin will be considered as a currency but nowadays I think that many people are using this as a way of investment rather than currency.

Precisely. Where it goes next is in the hands of the people who use it. I think that the speculative bubble made it an attractive investment for most people (for a certain amount of time) but now that things have settled a bit, and the dust has cleared, we're starting to see that it has more potential than just a speculative roller-coaster. I try to use it myself for daily payments, and I hope others do too, so it can gain trust as a method of exchange. People are still uncertain but we should just keep using it safely to build up confidence.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:13:30 PM

Precisely. Where it goes next is in the hands of the people who use it. I think that the speculative bubble made it an attractive investment for most people (for a certain amount of time) but now that things have settled a bit, and the dust has cleared, we're starting to see that it has more potential than just a speculative roller-coaster. I try to use it myself for daily payments, and I hope others do too, so it can gain trust as a method of exchange. People are still uncertain but we should just keep using it safely to build up confidence.
When whole of the world and all the people start using bitcoin without any restrictions or difficulty.In order to become a currency bitcoin needs to be accepted internationally,transactions should be done through bitcoin,central banks and governments should support bitcoin,traders should trade bitcoin,payment of bills by bitcoin etc.People should be able to exchange bitcoin with fiat currency.The blockchain technology should be made simpler even for an illiterate person.
Spend.com
Copper Member

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:45:45 PM

To be an actual currency it needs to be widely accepted by governments. Since it's decentralized I don't think it will ever be accepted as a currency. However becoming a means of value and payment instrument is definitely the shape it's taking. Companies like ours however create protocols to make bitcoin used as a currency in every day commerce.
GangNamSK

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:14:16 AM

From my understanding bitcoin got innovated as a technology based asset to make advancements to the banking community fulfilling certain elements that were a big task on a banking system. At the beginning it simply started as a token with small value and the same further kept its usage diversified over various sectors. At some point people started giving importance similar to currency as the value peaked. Later it became an investment that could give a profit which we cannot get anywhere else.
I think so too
Bitcoin has innovated as an asset based on the most advanced technology.
First it simply begins as a token with a small value and further keeps it usefully varied in different fields.
At first it was just normal parameters it increased later and its value to the community its profit margin was quite high.
Polkadott

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:26:55 AM

bitcoin in my opinion is not as currency but bitcoin is more as a promising investment than gold, besides bitcoin can also be converted to local currency. and after that bitcoin can be used for transactions to buy our needs. So my conclusion is bitcoin can be labeled as currency but indirectly
MelissaBarnett1212

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:36:09 AM

For a bitcoin to become a currency, it is possible for the person who made it to become a currency that can not be controlled by the bank. In other words, this currency can pay for any item
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:41:50 AM

In order for bitcoin to become a currency, there must be an acceptance of the bank's government and the protection of state law, and a mechanism for bitcoin to operate and develop as a currency.
The role of the government of different countries is something which will play vital role in helping and promoting of the different crypto currencies and that I am very much sure that if things keep on happening in the similar way, then there will come a time when we will be experiencing these crypto currencies taking lead over the regular currencies which are there in this world.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:45:37 AM

Bitcoin can use as payment of online market. The process of transaction is being done using BTC. It also has value for different prices.

So, I would say that Bitcoin is a currency.
Yeah this can be considered as currently because it is being used in garment shops and food restaurants etc. people are now using them for making their lives easier. They are enchain their living standard from this crypto world. So yeah we can call them as currency. It is more than a source of income now as well. They are being used for making good earning source.
ladner

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:39:48 AM

I think that bitcoin can only become a commodity for exchanging between USD and altcoin and not be able to monetize, you can see that the amount of bitcoin in the world is very limited and if inflation happens we can not Any more bitcoin will be printed and this will gradually lead to social sluggishness and can not develop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: