Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-26] Two Australian State Politicians Reveal Bitcoin Holdings  (Read 72 times)
vhiancs (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:06:32 AM

Two Australian State Politicians Reveal Bitcoin Holdings

Two sitting ministers from the legislature of the Australian state of Queensland have revealed that they privately own bitcoin. The declarations have been made for the state’s register of members’ interests – which lists information including the properties, trusts, and union memberships of Queensland’s politicians.

Queensland Registry Reveals Aussie Politicians Own Bitcoin
Two Australian State Politicians Reveal Bitcoin HoldingsThe updating of the register of Queensland’s politicians’ interests has revealed that two of the state’s representatives currently own bitcoin. The register discloses the formal political affiliations of the state’s politicians, in addition to revealing major assets and investments owned by Queensland’s representatives.

Nick Dametto, a recently elected MP for Katter’s Australian Party – a right-leaning minority party that seeks to serve Queensland’s vast rural population – has discussed his bitcoin holdings with Fairfax Media.

Mr. Dametto first purchased bitcoin in October 2017, which quickly grew in value. “I then used my bitcoin to buy a couple of different other coins that are worth a lot less, and then they went up a little bit, and at one point my $5,000 investment went up to $60,000, then it crashed after Christmas,” Mr. Dametto said.

source: https://news.bitcoin.com/two-australian-state-politicians-reveal-bitcoin-holdings/
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:35:50 AM

Good to hear some politicians who are now openly admitting their involvement with Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. As what Nick Dametto has experienced, volatility is one thing that one should be careful with. I am then wishing that many other leaders can be on our side becoming a part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem even just by becoming another "hodler" as slowly the popularity of Bitcoin is now reaching the echelon of powers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: