Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:03:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporting Obscure Blockchains with Small Miners  (Read 162 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:40:50 AM

Anyone think about doing this and finding blocks on block chains that are barely going?

There is an all purpose multi-algo android miner, I wonder if that would also work.

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:13:52 AM

If you are the one and only, or may you made at least 10% of total hashrate with your Android, maybe you can find the block. For me, looks like someone mine bitcoin using Personal Computer at 2009.  Wink
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:40:48 PM

If you are the one and only, or may you made at least 10% of total hashrate with your Android, maybe you can find the block. For me, looks like someone mine bitcoin using Personal Computer at 2009.  Wink

I doubt some of these small blockchains are even circulating.  There could be a thread where dev's of them request hashrate.   It's kind of like a lot of great little businesses go out of business because there is no way to sound the alarm they need support.  The community loves them but people with money don't think to keep them afloat.

jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:40:04 PM

-SNIP-

I doubt some of these small blockchains are even circulating.  There could be a thread where dev's of them request hashrate.   It's kind of like a lot of great little businesses go out of business because there is no way to sound the alarm they need support.  The community loves them but people with money don't think to keep them afloat.

Oh ic, that's proof coins with a solid community can survive, look at Dogecoin, for example, with its price, Dogecoin still alive until this day. We can't deny that Dogecoin is a bronze coin, but without solid community they are nothing.

Sound like this isn't about profit, right?
This is about hows small coins network keep alive with creating a place where the Dev can requesting Hashrate.
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:56:13 PM

-SNIP-

Oh ic, that's proof coins with a solid community can survive, look at Dogecoin, for example, with its price, Dogecoin still alive until this day. We can't deny that Dogecoin is a bronze coin, but without solid community they are nothing.

Sound like this isn't about profit, right?
This is about hows small coins network keep alive with creating a place where the Dev can requesting Hashrate.

It could also be about profit.  I think about a 1/3 of the 1500 coins out there seem to randomly pump.

jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:20:21 PM

It could also be about profit.  I think about a 1/3 of the 1500 coins out there seem to randomly pump.

Is it about prices or hashrate?

Yes, that the facts.
I see many unknown coins in Yobit has pumped, seem like a crazy pump. You make me think to do it, lol.
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 01:42:56 AM

Is it about prices or hashrate?

Yes, that the facts.
I see many unknown coins in Yobit has pumped, seem like a crazy pump. You make me think to do it, lol.

I think it all depends on finding good coins in the announcement section.   Maybe a channel like slack or discord for doing it.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

I can confirm that this method could be profitable given the right circumstances. You have to pick the right coins and sell at the right time. Some people at our local mining scene have been doing this and sharing his results with us. He paid for his 1080ti rig in a month using this technique.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:13:03 AM

I can confirm that this method could be profitable given the right circumstances. You have to pick the right coins and sell at the right time. Some people at our local mining scene have been doing this and sharing his results with us. He paid for his 1080ti rig in a month using this technique.

This guy that you are talking about, doing solo mining? Or pooled mining? Sound like this guy do solo mining with low hashrate coins, right?

I think it all depends on finding good coins in the announcement section.   Maybe a channel like slack or discord for doing it.

Yeah, that's it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: