Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to invest $10K in 1 alt coin or in 10 alt coins?  (Read 221 times)
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:38:40 AM

It's better to diversify, the more investments you choose the more the chances that one of the coins you invest in might grow and make you a big profit. It doesn't necessarily have to be 10 and you don't have to split the amount evenly between them.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:43:06 AM

What do you recommend and why? Is it better to invest $10K in 1 potentially profitable alt coin or in 10 potentially profitable alt coins? I'm not talking about already established alts like ETH, XRP or DASH. I'm talking about investing in relatively new, undervalued alts with great potential.

It depends on your own preference for risk vs reward.

If you want the highest potential reward and are prepared to accept the highest potential risk, then put it all on one coin. You might make a huge profit or you might lose everything.

If you want to limit your risk, then spread it across multiple coins. Then if one of them moons you will make a good profit, and it doesn't matter if some of the others fail.

Personally I spread the risk. But everyone has their own preferences.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:53:08 AM

First time I saw this question I obviously thought it is better to invest in 10 alt coins rather than only in 1 coin because you have more chances to get in profit if you have more coins. If you think a little you can choose one single altcoin wich looks great and has a big potential and you can make a huge profit. Everyday, new altcoins appear and it is hard to know wich are the best because all of them look the same. Only a few of them will have succes and become coins that people are going to use and thats why I think it is better to invest only in one altcoin. By investing in 10 altcoins you have more chances but you could also lose more because maybe only 2-3 coins will get you in profit from those 10. So you choose one good coin and if you also have a little luck you will make profit.

What about 10 quality coins though? Sure research takes time but better safe than sorry, right? And by being risk-averse, that one coin is more likely to crash than some of the coins from the 10. What do you think of that?
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:35:54 AM

The more diverse your investment, the less the risk and more chance of profit. It is always the logical thing to do especially if you will invest a large amount of money.
you should not take a high risk by putting your investment at once while you can put a smaller amount with close chance as you put it all at once. i mean yes when you can look at some alt coins with big potential to explode like 10 or 20 times from your initial investment. why you have to put your whole money in single alt coin with a risk to lose the value by 10%?

when you do split it to 10 alt coin you maybe could losing value in the rest of 9 altcoin by 5% each , equals to 45% but you gained 1000% from a single alt coin. that is ny logic.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

First time I saw this question I obviously thought it is better to invest in 10 alt coins rather than only in 1 coin because you have more chances to get in profit if you have more coins. If you think a little you can choose one single altcoin wich looks great and has a big potential and you can make a huge profit. Everyday, new altcoins appear and it is hard to know wich are the best because all of them look the same. Only a few of them will have succes and become coins that people are going to use and thats why I think it is better to invest only in one altcoin. By investing in 10 altcoins you have more chances but you could also lose more because maybe only 2-3 coins will get you in profit from those 10. So you choose one good coin and if you also have a little luck you will make profit.

What about 10 quality coins though? Sure research takes time but better safe than sorry, right? And by being risk-averse, that one coin is more likely to crash than some of the coins from the 10. What do you think of that?

In my opinion, I would prefer to invest on the other 10 new alts with promising potential profit than investing into just one coin. I think that it may have a lesser risk than planning to invest in a single coin where if it happen to be not profitable you may end up losing in just one investment. Given the chance to do the $10K investment, I would rather invest $1K per alts atleast I will be seeing 10 most likely profitable coins.
dmIgnate

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

I am a newbie in investing to crypto but I see that according to the statistics most of alts don't live long. So I'll prefer to invest in 10 different alts.
At least it decreases the chance of losing all money at once.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:58:57 AM

It is better you spread your risk and be save. $10K is so much to put in only altcoin. When you put all your eggs in one basket it is wrong business strategy. do your due diligence and once satisfied  go ahead and invest in the altcoins chosen.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:11:15 PM

I invest after proper research , as recently i hear that Cybermiles is going to release it's testnet result in public on March 30 at 11:45 AM (GMT+8)! through live conference.
And recently Dr Lucas (CEO of cybermiles) tweet that cybermiles is 100 times faster than Ethereum with zero gas fee and 10 sec confirmation time.

So i will go with cybermiles.

Do your own research before you invest any where.

All the best
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:08:31 AM

Looking at the market, we should invest more coin in place of one. 2-4 of them can give us good margins, which we should have complete knowledge about. If we rely on a coin and if it does not do then our work will stop.
djscreem01

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:17:29 AM

it is more logical to evaluate the sub-currencies when the graphs are examined. graphic analysis should be done and appropriate sub-currency should be found  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: