Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coolest thing currently being done with Bitcoin?  (Read 1518 times)
kipa (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:59:32 PM

Despite being less than five years old, some really cool projects are being built around Bitcoin. For example, just-dice is an elegant gambling application, with options to both gamble and invest. What are some of the cool projects that you have seen?
puze

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

What about that ATM in Vancouver?
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:09:31 PM

Link about that?

I would say:
silk road

puze

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:14:00 PM

Link about that?

I would say:
silk road

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/26/5031132/canada-bitcoin-atm-bitcoiniacs-robocoin-vancouver
puze

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:56:18 PM

What about this?

https://www.bitbillpay.com.au/

Smiley

Any Aussies here care to comment on this?
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:02:16 AM

autonomous agents
puze

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

autonomous agents

What are autonomous agents?
hayek

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:22:24 AM

Give an application/website a bitcoin wallet. Program it to buy it's own hosting.

Basically, we could one day have entire corporations that are run online without any human interaction that only charges an overhead equal to what it costs to run the business. It would have incredible implications.

For fun, you could put a backup in the wild that verifies the main site is running. If it is down then the backup goes live. You could program it to move every X days.

Imagine if the silk road operated like that? No human control just a permanent service that existed in the wild. It could even send profits directly to your wallet and you'd never have to interact with it at all.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:24:25 AM

I don't necessarily see all of the various exchanges that keep opening up as super awesome,just awesome. The sites that allow speculation are kinda neat though not super awesome. Even various business that decide to accept bitcoin are great just not super awesome.

I think the MasterCoin protocol is super awesome. It it works then bitcoin becomes more robust and demand goes up. Mastercoin is revolutionary and takes away more financial controls from the old system and decentralizes them for the people.

brand_new

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 12:27:36 AM

Not to thread jack over here, but since you asked (though probably not the coolest thing), I created a physical Bitcoin tip jar. You can see how it works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67McSlKwgX8

I figured it'd be cool if a small business/bars used it as a a way to acknowledge a tip.
puze

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:28:13 AM

You could program it to move every X days.

We're gonna need fatter pipes.

Smiley
Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:10:07 AM

Also about autonomous corporations: via analyzing its sourcecode, you can be 100% sure that you won't get ripped off when investing in or buying from the corporation.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:18:39 AM

The ATM is pretty cool. I wonder if they can get off the ground -- these things hitting the streets could do wonders for adoption.
puze

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:39:24 AM

This I believe is also some sort of Bitcoin ATM - I think the pic was taken at a recent trade expo in Sydney.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

https://i.imgur.com/DndteLg.jpg
zbx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:24:11 AM

I'll second Mastercoin. As has been said elsewhere, it's definitely not just another altcoin. Moreover, development of the protocol is progressing rapidly, thanks to the simplicity of its design. (Full disclosure: I own some Mastercoin.)

Another cool project is maaku's attempt to prune the blockchain near-optimally. I for one would really like to see full nodes have a lighter system footprint than they do now. This work, however, seems to be currently on hold for lack of funds. See http://utxo.tumblr.com.
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

Buying pizza with bitcoin seems cool. Especially when you pay 10000 btc for it few years back.

ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:33:10 AM

MCXnow- Altcoin exchange, Interest payments (like a bank), a stock program, games with altcoins coming soon they say and that will give purpose to any altcoin listed here. Some altcoins have no use except for that you can trade them for Bitcoins.
Devcoin- Earn free coins writing, then trade them for Bitcoins on MCXnow

And I've read that devcoin supports 3D printing projects, community building projects and even plans to build a rocket in the future, you can read about it here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty
autosentience

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:12:40 PM

I think competitive gaming would be very cool to integrate with Bitcoin.

Something along the lines of what is being done with http://www.leetcoin.com/
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 03:58:09 PM

I think the MasterCoin protocol is super awesome. It it works then bitcoin becomes more robust and demand goes up. Mastercoin is revolutionary and takes away more financial controls from the old system and decentralizes them for the people.

I'll second Mastercoin. As has been said elsewhere, it's definitely not just another altcoin. Moreover, development of the protocol is progressing rapidly, thanks to the simplicity of its design. (Full disclosure: I own some Mastercoin.)

Wow - thanks! You can't imagine how nice it is to have other people excited about this. I've been excited about it for a couple years, but I worked in solitude until very recently.

jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:21:46 AM

Any advice if Bitcoin ATMs have hit Australian shores yet? I did read that they were being imported, but can't remember where now.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: