Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 11:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we support Petro?  (Read 93 times)
xanaxxx (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:07:09 AM

There have been quite few articles about the Venezuelan Petro and that it raised few billions of USD, which is a lot of money. I have been thinking whether to get involved but I told myself who would I be supporting by purchasing Petro, would it be for regular people who are really struggling in Venezuela nowadays or for the governmental official who are already living their dream anyway from poor man's money? I don't believe they intend to do much for the citizens but just to grow their wealth even further.

You can learn something about the situation in Venezuela in this article: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/26/nicolas-maduro-donald-trump-venezuela-hunger

And here is the article on the people around the president Maduro and their lifestyle: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-socialmedia/shaming-chavistas-venezuela-activists-decry-officials-luxury-lifestyles-idUSKBN18T2AD

To sum it up, I would recommend everyone not to support and invest in this crypto as you might end up supporting the regime suppressing it's own citizens. That is not why bitcoin and blockchain were invented, that is actually exactly the opposite...
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18695

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:36:16 AM

To sum it up, I would recommend everyone not to support and invest in this crypto as you might end up supporting the regime suppressing it's own citizens.

It's not a case of might. You will be supporting a vicious dictator who is literally murdering his own people. If you buy this coin, you will have blood on your hands.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: