Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 508 times)
spinoff (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Hello, just trying to get approved and participate in the boards that interest me. BTW this is the only forum I've ever met on the internet with this silly requirement - what's the reason for it?
Et Filii

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

The rules are quite fair and I would imagine if you have spent time on other forums you would understand how limiting newbies can make the jobs of moderators much easier.

With the continued success of cryptocurrencies there will continue to be a steady increase in newbies. Imagine the same stupid questions being asked over and over... Do you see now how the design that is in place limits this and keeps this site streamlined and IMO professional?

Lurk, listen, and learn...only then speak.  Lips sealed
puze

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

BTW this is the only forum I've ever met on the internet with this silly requirement - what's the reason for it?

Plenty of boards have this requirement for new users.

It's no big issue.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:37:43 PM

It helps to prevent new insta-spam accounts which are used to troll threads, which is a real problem on some forums.
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
⇾ Re: Hey
October 27, 2013, 11:40:20 PM

Hello, just trying to get approved and participate in the boards that interest me. BTW this is the only forum I've ever met on the internet with this silly requirement - what's the reason for it?

I have my theory. Your required to post once in Newbies section, so some might notice Newbie sticky threads and some of those might even read these Newbie sticky posts   Cheesy

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
spinoff (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:42:12 PM

Imagine the same stupid questions being asked over and over

I don't see how posting something random and waiting 4 hours solves that
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:10:51 AM

They may be frustrating to the legitimate user, but it's a great buffer to comb out the dirt. 

The only thing that frustrates me sometimes is the 360 second timeout between each POST submission. Sometimes I wish to respond to numerous people within a limited amount of time... makes it a pain.  Then again I can understand why.  Don't want your MySQL server to overload and stall. But hey, if the admin reads this, I can provide you with all financial/hardware/software engineering resources to keep this site alive and connected well. Very well.  The least I can do. Wink

winnate

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:57:48 AM

Its more common that you'd think.

Welcome!
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 01:18:17 AM

Welcome. Since on bitcointalk there are a lot of money related transaction, bitcointalk created limits like newbie so that there aren't as many scammers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: