Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of Bitcoin Mining  (Read 1070 times)
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

In the not too distant future, with sentient machines running the planet, humans now spend their lives kept in a vegetative state whilst the computational power of their brains' is used to mine Bitcoins. Never a currency, and no longer even a speculative vehicle for economically illiterate fatheads, Bitcoin is now embraced as a religion, and the entirety of human existence is dedicated to mining the final coin in the block, the holy Bitcoin which legend has it will reveal the secrets of the universe.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:46:32 AM

In the not too distant future, with sentient machines running the planet, humans now spend their lives kept in a vegetative state whilst the computational power of their brains' is used to mine Bitcoins. Never a currency, and no longer even a speculative vehicle for economically illiterate fatheads, Bitcoin is now embraced as a religion, and the entirety of human existence is dedicated to mining the final coin in the block, the holy Bitcoin which legend has it will reveal the secrets of the universe.

Human brains have very limited circuits to do the math needed.  Leave that to the machines.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 12:47:56 AM

Human brains have very limited circuits to do the math needed.  Leave that to the machines.

Cheesy

revans (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:51:49 AM

You are ill-informed.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/18/earths-supercomputing-power-surpasses-human-brain-three-times-over/

On a per watt comparison the brain is many times superior, and takes up a tiny fraction of the space of a comparably powerful silicon.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:58:17 AM

Google first before posting as if you are 100% sure. Brains have really huge untapped processing power. It just gets dumb down when one starts acting as know-it-all.
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:58:19 AM

While that is true, the vast majority of neurons are used for other things.  Very few neurons are structured properly for rote arithmetic.

You know nothing of what I do or do not know, but I now know that you tend to assume too much.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Jrock

Activity: 363

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:27:18 AM

Now that we know this is inevitable. Do we buy or sell?

I don't know what to do!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: