Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My cousin's house burned. Donation for her in bitcoins accepted.  (Read 7389 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:53:02 AM

DONATION ADDRESS:
1BURNT81A3PSc9f7rUTcwjB8vfCQJ17fZo

How it works:
1. You send any amount of BTC to the donation address.
2. I wait until December 24 2013. (give or take a few days.)
3. I change the BTC to USD through someone willing to buy them, preferably someone in the state of IL.
4. I have the fiat sent to my cousin who's house burned down. (bank, check, whatever.)

Unless she happens to have a bitcoin address of her own (which I doubt); in which case I either give her the private key, or send the bitcoins to her wallet.

There is no goal. She just lost her house and all the stuff inside it. She probably has the house insured as she works for an insurance company, but how about all the little private things inside?

They are all gone.

News Links:

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/23341940-418/car-crashes-into-hainesville-home-ruptures-gas-line.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9300775

Her name is Lieka Racho.
My name is David "Dabs" Racho.

We are second cousins. (our parents are first cousins.)

Lieka Racho, 39, and her children, two boys, ages 10 and 9, and a 3-year-old daughter, were all sleeping at 4 a.m. when their townhouse at 450 N. Patriot Drive was hit by a motorist who went off Hainesville Road at a high rate of speed and hit their garage and front door, severing a gas line at the meter.

“I looked out into the garage and saw flames and could hear a hissing sound,” she said. Racho grabbed her children and they made it down the stairs and over to a neighbor’s house. “Then we watched the flames go up in our house,” she said, adding that she was thankful her parents no longer lived with her because they are older and would have had a harder time getting out quickly.

“It’s hard to see it all burned down,” said Racho, “I’m just glad everyone’s safe.” On hearing the suspect in the vehicle ran, she shook her head. “It’s terrible to know someone just took off,” she said.

"There's nothing left. There's nothing left. It's burned down to the ground," said Lieka Racho, homeowner.

What's with the date? Oh, I want to give it to her just in time for Christmas. She can spend it later. And gives time for everyone to see this as I'll try to bump this thread to stay on the first page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:00:19 PM

Insurance also covers personal items. If she has proper insurance everything will be paid for. No need for donations.

Heh, you've obviously never tried to claim off insurance, have you?
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:27:25 PM

Insurance also covers personal items. If she has proper insurance everything will be paid for. No need for donations.

It take months and it only pay like 70% of the value depending on the age (depreciation). Is it the same in US?

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:59:35 PM

Yes I have. I have an all-risk insurance. The items in my house are insured up to 100,000 euro.

so if you have filed a claim before like you said you would know its not as simple as file a claim then bam money it takes months.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:44:51 AM

Yes I have. I have an all-risk insurance. The items in my house are insured up to 100,000 euro.

so if you have filed a claim before like you said you would know its not as simple as file a claim then bam money it takes months.

Yes I have, I dropped my phone so I claimed it. They paid me the next month. But still, we should donate because she'll have to wait a month or 2 before she gets paid? I guess she has family/friends aswel to help her.

i know in your mind what your saying makes all the sense in the world but you're coming off as a complete dick she lost EVERYTHING not a phone
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:34:20 AM

Oh yah. So let's say she was able to collect 100% of the value of everything that was in the house. Unless she made backups, she still lost family photos, videos, art drawings, hand written notes from her children, stuff toys, ...

I know from experience that no one aside from me, in my family, makes backups of computer data, off-site (or in the cloud). Of course, everything that was already uploaded to facebook and photo-whatever is still there. (Actually, my two older brothers now do regular backups.)

And she can't live in that house for awhile.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:27:28 AM

And it's terrible that she lost all those personal things, I really feel bad for her. Losing things like photos is unreplacable. Which is exactly why I don't get we should donate, especially when everything will be paid for by the insurance. That's all I'm saying.

Well, donations are completely voluntary. You want to help, that's why (or that's all.) She has no idea I'm doing this, but hopefully, if the amount is large enough, when she gets it, bitcoin might hit the news or something. I don't know.

Obviously, this is in addition to anything she will be receiving from her insurance company.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:30:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I would just like to clarify. Lieka is married to Eric, and Eric is my second cousin (he was only mentioned in one sentence since he was not there when the fire happened.)

Also, I just recently found out that their personal stuff are not covered by their insurance.

I am also in contact with the husband, and I can give him the private key later (and teach him about bitcoins, if he needs help). But there's nothing in the donation address yet, so I'll wait until there is something.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:19:47 AM

And ... ... nothing. Oh well. Happy New Year. If anyone does send anything, let me know.

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:32:05 AM

sorry for your cousin. too bad I dont even have 1btc to donate

mckmuze

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:43:26 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 08:02:43 AM by mckmuze

alivecrypto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:51:21 AM

Sorry to hea r about that but how actuallyi belueve you are the rite person and not a Scammer? Me and I hope most of bitcointalk member would like to help and donate you if you could expose your Identity. Today in bitcoin world there are a lot of scammers so it will help us both and we will help her selling our bitcoin to fiat we will bank transfer direct in her account. Will be happy to hear from you back.

mckmuze

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:38:23 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 08:02:13 AM by mckmuze

...ack...Transmission lost...
mckmuze

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:09:57 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 08:03:29 AM by mckmuze

and i'm out thanks for spoiling it...
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:18:17 AM

Well, you can check out my other threads and my post history. See my sig. I've done group buys, other donations, a lotto game, and escrows.

In any case, the address above is a cold wallet, offline. So if you send anything to it, let me know either here or by PM.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: