Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-26] Israel Officially Declares Bitcoin Is Not a Security  (Read 95 times)
BitcoinArsenal (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:44:50 PM

Israel Securities Authority (ISA) Committee for the Examination and Regulation of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) issued a series of “recommendations designed to dispel uncertainty and strike a balance between technological innovation and the protection of the investors.”
Full article on Bitcoin.com
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:46:27 PM

Well I am proud of their government because they are certainly one of the few that made a pronouncement out of Bitcoin. This is such an admirable act because it appears they do not want to mislead people to investing into something they cannot fully support with neither do they ban it outright without even bothering to study it. It just shows they fairly studied and researched on it before doing any massive and abrupt decision. I hope all governments will be upfront when it comes to Bitcoin because this is definitely a global concern that needs to be addressed for the protection of the populace.
Grossmann Jr.

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:11:26 PM

This is a weighted decision which I can respect. Bitcoin isn't 100% secure indeed, so there's no need to lie to people
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:06:35 PM

I think most of us already deduced as much. Securities must have some sort of centralized issuance and redemption -- otherwise they can't attest to right of ownership in anything. I'd rather they opine on some ICO tokens or more centralized cryptocurrencies. This doesn't tell us anything new.

This is a weighted decision which I can respect. Bitcoin isn't 100% secure indeed, so there's no need to lie to people

That's not what they mean by security. They're referring to this definition:
a certificate attesting credit, the ownership of stocks or bonds, or the right to ownership connected with tradable derivatives

Bitcoin is still the most secure payment system in the world. Nothing new there, either. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: