Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice on how I can earn merit?  (Read 1107 times)
DREWSKIE

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:12:32 AM

it's hard to get merit points especially if you are new to this forum but post quality and post constructive posts have the chance to give you the merit so you must have a quality post to do before you can claim merit points.

Yeah you're right.. its so hard to get merit points and all of replies and quotes in this topic seems to be so helpful. thumbs up!  Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 09:28:09 AM

it's hard to get merit points especially if you are new to this forum but post quality and post constractive posts have the chance to give you the merit so you must have a quality post to do before you can claim merit points.

English language improvement helps as well.

btw - you can't 'claim' merits, they are awarded by readers who understand and like your posts.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:46:41 AM

it's hard to get merit points especially if you are new to this forum but post quality and post constractive posts have the chance to give you the merit so you must have a quality post to do before you can claim merit points.

Claim merit points ?

That is wrong choice of words and can be misleading for new members. There is no way , you can claim any merit points here. You are right with the quality part though. A user has to  make good quality posts here and then he can expect merit points from other members. There is still no guarantee of getting merit points as it is up to the members reading the posts and the current available merit points they have. So even if you make exceptional posts, there is no way to claim any merit points for them.
Muwatti

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:18:11 PM

Dear all,

I know, this is yet another thread about merit, but I’ve been really asking myself if I am doing anything wrong, which is why I had to write this post.

I’ve been quite active on this forum for some time and have struggled to rank up since the new merit system was introduced.

When merit was introduced, I read many threads in which people said that the system would be beneficial for those who would write quality threads and display a decent command of English. I would argue that my posts generally meet these criteria. Of course I sometimes also write short posts (like everyone else on here), but I have also created some quality and helpful content, which sometimes took me up to an hour to write and research. The result is zero to hardly any merit. I sometimes have the feeling that there is simply too much content on this forum in order to get noticed by people who would be able to give you merit or people who could give you merit simply can’t appreciate the content due to their own lack of language skills. While quality seems to remain unnoticed, there are tons of shitposts that receive merit for reasons that are beyond my imagination.

I was therefore wondering if I am doing anything wrong. Is there anything else I can do beyond putting time in my threads and trying to use correct language to get merit?

I would appreciate if you had any advice for me.

I understand your views about the merit system...  We can't deny this fact that it is very hard to earn merit... While other are working hardly to get it still they are not given a chance...  While those person who are  not worth  enough to have it are given a chance to earn merits...  It is quite unfair...  But it is the rules, we should follow it and obey it...  Though there are a lots of person who complain about it become useless... Just do the right thing and someday you will have it... After all Merit system is created to lessen spammer... This goal is good if it is for the sake of us why not...  You dont need to be disappointed about it because the reason only is, it very difficult to rank up...  We need to do our best in order for them to get satisfied about our post....  Its okay atleast we are earning experience here and it is much better than having a lots of merits especially if you know that you are not worth it enough to have it...  Experience is better than merit...  Smiley
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:01:12 PM

English language improvement helps as well.

I dream of a day when this is no longer the case. I can't say that you are incorrect, but I can say that it seems theymos is interested in spreading out the merit sources to local boards so that language is not such a powerful barrier for merit distribution. People should be more concerned about getting their point/idea across as meaningfully as possible. If your English is not perfect, but I understand what you are trying to say and find it interesting then I will gladly share the merit. I personally do not rest my merit on the contingency of proper English, and I hope other reasonable people do the same.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

I dream of a day when this is no longer the case. I can't say that you are incorrect, but I can say that it seems theymos is interested in spreading out the merit sources to local boards so that language is not such a powerful barrier for merit distribution. People should be more concerned about getting their point/idea across as meaningfully as possible. If your English is not perfect, but I understand what you are trying to say and find it interesting then I will gladly share the merit. I personally do not rest my merit on the contingency of proper English, and I hope other reasonable people do the same.

I also do not give much value to the English, it should be just easy to understand. My criteria for giving merit is based on the intentions of person making a particular post. If I see some user contributing towards the growth of this forum  like by reporting abusers or by adding more information to constructive posts, I do give some merit.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:01:14 PM

Read TMAN's GUIDE FOR GETTING MERIT

This should help you out of your problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: