Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New idea for trading bot  (Read 105 times)
thirdprize (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

Had an idea for writing an event driven trading bot.  Just wondered if you thought it would be any good/different to whats out there.

TLDR - its event driven with properties you set and actions you want executed when different things happen.

Think of a candles display.  Every minute its updated and is either going up or down with a max and min value.  My "Bot" follows a particular pair (eg, ETHBTC) and every minute says, here is the current state, should i do anything?  You could just use this basic event and say if its below this, buy x% or if its above this sell y%.    You can specify "gain" and "loss" values.  If it drops by the loss value then it does something and if to goes up by the gain it does something.  If loss was 5% (BIG dip) then you could get it to sell everything.  If its gone up by 0.5% then buy.  It could do something when the trend goes from down to up (red to green) or vice versa, eg, start buying as it goes up and selling as it goes down.  It would keep track of the moving averages as well, with events when the lines cross either way.  That would be visible to other events as its fairly fundamental.  You could mix and match and say, start buying when the MAs cross and selling when the values start going down.

You would configure it all at startup and there would be a set of responses for each event, but with variables you choose (%s and other values).

What other events/variables would be useful?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

trading using bots is very promising, but you can not use when the market is not normal. My advice is to use bots when the market is normal. I hope this helps
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:30:50 AM

Had an idea for writing an event driven trading bot.  Just wondered if you thought it would be any good/different to whats out there.

Please do research before even taking this path. There is a belief that cryptocurrency trading and algorithmic  trading in general is a zero-sum game. It means you can even build something which will look working, for some time (even quite long), but in the end it will face unavoidable failure.

I personally think, it is better to put time and effort into a useful project, which will bring something new to people - innovation, usefulness and you get your reward for this.

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
thirdprize (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:52:43 AM

Please do research before even taking this path. There is a belief that cryptocurrency trading and algorithmic  trading in general is a zero-sum game. It means you can even build something which will look working, for some time (even quite long), but in the end it will face unavoidable failure.

I personally think, it is better to put time and effort into a useful project, which will bring something new to people - innovation, usefulness and you get your reward for this.

Those ideas are hard to come by though.

I have had a go at trading and know it is hard and boring.  Lots of time spent looking at graphs and trying to predict the future.  Even if it just did a few simple trades that would be saving me a lot of time and effort.

kryptogunner

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

I have had a go at trading and know it is hard and boring.  Lots of time spent looking at graphs and trying to predict the future.  Even if it just did a few simple trades that would be saving me a lot of time and effort.

I would say there are many trading bots available in markets. More importantly, have you got any success with trading manually in the past? If yes, then only mechanical trading can be of help. Also, did you backtest your strategy or forward tested it? Do you plan to launch it commercially or using it for personal trading?

Please remember: Any system is as good as the trader himself.  Lips sealed

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
ad_playing

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:29:41 PM

I would say there are many trading bots available in markets. More importantly, have you got any success with trading manually in the past? If yes, then only mechanical trading can be of help. Also, did you backtest your strategy or forward tested it? Do you plan to launch it commercially or using it for personal trading?

I agree with you, the system should be carried out backtest and also forward test. I learnt trading since 2014, never used bots. Now in crypto space, it is more interesting with the high volatility character compared to other trading asset. I just want to share the latest ICO participated, it is really clear concept and understandable. The platform called EOZ, they are lending platform and used bots to drill revenue from the money lent. They are special as the bots are created from algorithm and used Artificial Neural Network (ANN), the creator are trader experienced for 15 years. This ANN will have similar capability with human for learning, so the longer it trade then the smarter it is. The trading risk will be reduced significantly.

⧱▬▬▬ ● UCHIT - The Hub of Communication & Collaboration ● ▬▬▬⧱ ⧱▬▬ https://uchit.info/ ▬▬⧱ ⧱▬▬ https://t.me/uchit_coin ▬▬⧱
Antgri

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:36:25 PM

trading bot it is good assistant for trader, it is a lot project for trading automatization
kryptogunner

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:42:04 AM

I agree with you, the system should be carried out backtest and also forward test. I learnt trading since 2014, never used bots. Now in crypto space, it is more interesting with the high volatility character compared to other trading asset. I just want to share the latest ICO participated, it is really clear concept and understandable. The platform called EOZ, they are lending platform and used bots to drill revenue from the money lent. They are special as the bots are created from algorithm and used Artificial Neural Network (ANN), the creator are trader experienced for 15 years. This ANN will have similar capability with human for learning, so the longer it trade then the smarter it is. The trading risk will be reduced significantly.

With all due respect, why do we need a bot? We need a bot to capitalize our strategy, so that it can execute it even when we are not in front of terminal. But the basic requirement is having a solid strategy, a strategy that is back tested with proper risk management and position sisizing. Unless, we do not have it, there is nothing a bot could do.

Also, market is a dynamic place where we walys have a counter party who thinks opposite to us. we buy, someone sells. So if a strategy is mass adopted in same market, there shall be market imbalance, and strategy is bound to fail. This is why people complain that theur bot started making losses after some time.

Trading isnt easy.  Cry

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: