Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you sell your Bitcoin 10% over the current market rate?  (Read 168 times)
Nanoid (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:54:03 PM

If you had the opportunity, would you do it?
For example, you buy 1 Bitcoin for 8000$ and sell it for 8800$ but the money goes to your Paypal account?
And you could do it over and over again?
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:58:17 AM

You can do it by using an exchange. There are exchanges where you have BTC/USD or BTC/EUR pairs. There is no reason to send them to your PayPal account, I don't know how much the PayPal fee is. If you don't trust the exchange to keep your fiat there, you can deposit your money into your bank account, and move them to the exchange whenever you want to buy again the crypto.
Beside this, I think PayPal doesn't accept buying cryptos anymore.

For example, you buy 1 Bitcoin for 8000$ and sell it for 8800$ but the money goes to your Paypal account?
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:04:14 AM

Most likely I would invest for a long time in order to make not 10% and 100%, but your case is more risky and therefore very attractive Smiley
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

Yes, I would do that if I get some good profits from doing it. It would be nice to have a consistent profit from time to time. And I will never exchange it for anything.
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:11:57 AM

I don't think I'm going to sell it at this price, because it's a very cheap price, so it's not a good deal to sell bitcoins.
And I'm optimistic about the future of bitcoin, so I think I'll hold it.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:13:17 AM

yes, that's what it means to trade, but it's not as easy as you think. there are many factors and research that you should do and if you do not do then you can get stuck.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

No way, im in bitcoin for the long run. 5-10 years. Altcoins tho, i sell those as fast as i can. Altcoins are only good for one thing, that is fast transaction times or privacy coins such as monero. All others have no real value sad to say.
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:03:10 AM

I'm not a short term investor, so no.
I remember buying my first bitcoin a little over 1000$, i hold it just a year and saw a significant grow.
Even now we hit a good correction on the market, bitcoin still remains cryptocurrency #1 and majority of alt coins still follow btc.
Thats why it makes me hold bitcoin now even longer, even if we hit 2 year flat market i won't sell my bitcoin still.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:14:14 AM

Yes, I would do that if I get some good profits from doing it. It would be nice to have a consistent profit from time to time. And I will never exchange it for anything.

For me, it depends upon the situation, I can't say I would not sell it but if I would be able to get more profit on it then why not. But its a case to case basis, I would be able to observe it from time to time.
SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:19:38 AM

No, I would not sell my crypto assets at a profit of only 10%. I make long-term investments, I hope that the crypto currency boom will be repeated on a larger scale and I'm interested in the profit from 1,000 percent.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
Tol9n

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

Such an ideal situation will not be, thank God that I managed to sell bitcoin for another 12k, now I feel empathy for people who did not want to do it before, but now they suffer. But even so I would sell it, bitcoin is no longer interesting to me, it can not give me anything new and effective unlike alts.

shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:28:03 AM

It is nice and good to hold bitcoin in a long term and waiting when the price growing up, but when there was an emergency needs of money and nothing to do instead of selling bitcoin for the purpose is to provide money for emergency payments, so difinitely it is not useless to sell bitcoin even only ten percent of profits returns. That's why, in crypto business there's a lot of consideration that we must to look and consider that fits on the balancing system between users and the creator of crypto business.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

What you tried to say is trading, people always do this buy low and sell high, and repeat it. But you can't always make profit because most people are not able to predict the lows and highs.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:37:34 AM

It all depend on individual, 10% is good depending on the time frame the investment is locked in for. I see BTC as a store of value and I believe most people see it like this, and this is how most people see it.

I think looking at the current profit swing were are acustom to recently it will not be enough
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:53:27 AM

It all depend on individual, 10% is good depending on the time frame the investment is locked in for. I see BTC as a store of value and I believe most people see it like this, and this is how most people see it.

I think looking at the current profit swing were are acustom to recently it will not be enough

What would be a good time frame in your opinion?  Smiley
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:58:53 AM

I would do it if I had opportunity to buy it back at usual price (8k$ in your example)  Grin
Free 800$ for every BTC - who will refuse? lol

VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

Nope. 10%  is so small to b converted in fiat. You also need to consider the fee since it is paypal. Since bitcoin is good for long term investment, it is not a good idea to convert your Bitcoin into fiat because it will not appreciate overtime.
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:53:21 PM

Nope. 10%  is so small to b converted in fiat. You also need to consider the fee since it is paypal. Since bitcoin is good for long term investment, it is not a good idea to convert your Bitcoin into fiat because it will not appreciate overtime.

What if the Paypal fee is covered as well? So you would get 10% pure profit?
lion99

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:01:15 PM

Ofcourse I will, I will doing it(selling and buying) till I become a millionere(at least), but it is hard to find such good price for sell(( If you can do it - that go!

matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:04:07 PM

I don't like the PayPal system so I'll never agree to such an exchange. They always cooperate with the government and perhaps in the future for such an exchange you will have to pay more taxes than you earn. I am always wary of such proposals. The most effective way to earn cryptocurrency is trading on the stock exchange. Why invent a Bicycle again?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: