Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using crypto currency?  (Read 191 times)
alicebrac (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:24:45 PM

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using crypto?
Is it government rules for people not using crypto?
Volatility could be the reason?

Please write your thoughts on why people not using crypto!
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:29:39 PM

Main reason would be one regulation or restriction in your country,how would you use cryptocurrencies if you are restricted from doing that?you could receive criminal offenses if you did illegal things in your country,two might be the market volatility that is why most of the people doesnt want to get involved in the market because our market could rise and fall all of a sudden ,third and lastly the FUDs from the main stream media make people think if these cryptocurrencies are legit.

integrap

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:35:02 PM

Many people dont see cryptocurrencies as a currency in real life. They want to be rich in a short time. They just invest their money and they want to get profit. They dont care about its technology or what will happen in the future. I think it is the main reason. But if we dont use cryptocurrencies in real life, they will die.

Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:36:49 PM

I think people don't use cryptocurrencies because it's complicated. This is a new technology and it takes time to implement it.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:51:15 PM

1. Lack of understanding due to lack of education. 
2. Skepticism
3. Cultural up bringing resulting to conservative mindsets.
4. Reluctant to change.
5. Misinformation
6. Fear

cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

2. Skepticism
4. Reluctant to change.
5. Misinformation
6. Fear
Normal people will be scared to invest into something that they arent aware of ,actually we are ll scard to uncertainty but those business minded people will find a reason why they should invest to cryptocurrencies.I agree with your list but you can also add propaganda against cryptocurrencies which are being created by the mainstream media of course it is funded by the bankers which will benefit if cryptocurrencies will ever collapse.

awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:36:18 PM

I think a big proponent is price volatility. It's hard to integrate crypto into everyday transactions when it flucuates so much. I see a lot of potential in Havven for solving that though. Stablecoin for everyday purchases. Also like that their token isn't pegged to fiat/gold and is completely trustless.

I see this project paving the way for mass adoption imo.
https://havven.io/

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:36:35 PM

2. Skepticism
4. Reluctant to change.
5. Misinformation
6. Fear
Normal people will be scared to invest into something that they arent aware of ,actually we are ll scard to uncertainty but those business minded people will find a reason why they should invest to cryptocurrencies.I agree with your list but you can also add propaganda against cryptocurrencies which are being created by the mainstream media of course it is funded by the bankers which will benefit if cryptocurrencies will ever collapse.

I think the lack of understanding is not only due to education but also because of the technical aspect in general.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:50:20 PM

There are many difficulties yet. If you are going to see the latest surveys of the average Internet user produced by the Mozilla Institute and MIT[1], you will see that the vast majority of people have no idea how the internet works.

A large portion of people restrict their time on the internet to some sites like facebook. Many believe that facebook represents the internet. They have no idea what a protocol is. They do not understand how different protocols can interact. And all the news that reaches this large part of the population treats Bitcoin only as a virtual currency that has increased in value. That is, we are very far from a global adoption, since knowledge about Blockchain and protocols is limited. It is still not clear that it is a much more efficient way to serve as an intermediary as an exchange of goods, goods, services and store of value.

So, answering the initial question, what prevents more people from using this new technology is the lack of sufficient knowledge to start using it. It needs to be clear that this represents a breakthrough, an economy and a greater speed when compared with traditional means. But the prospects are the best. The paper world is over. We will no longer have newspapers, books and paper invoices. Except in antique stores. That being so, paper money will also end. And the best and most reliable technology is the projects thats uses blockchain.

omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:53:26 PM

The government regulation only to protect investors from the scammers. Volatility couldnot be the reason for that. it seems  like people are stopping by using crypto due to the various reason. Just like they are feeling stressed to see the fact that they are loosing a lot in the trade caused by cutloss his amount.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

Why other people dont use/invest on crypto its because of FUD i think thats the main reason because others spread non sense FUDS  we the crypto community knows the truth however others dont thus they fear investing in cryptocurrecy.

There are also subfactor like:
Some government dont support crypto
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:00:09 PM

The reasons why people stop using cryptocurrency are first the government why? because the government is trying their efforts to regulate bitcoin via exchanges so, if you son't have any government issued IDs which is required in identity verification stuffs lastly the price why? because the price is very unstable that some inveator lose a thousand dollars or more if bitcoin price drops as a result many people will sell their bitcoin and lose their confidence to hold crypto again
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:13:38 PM

I believe that a large number of people do not use crypto currency because of a lack of understanding of technology. Many do not have understanding even on the level of the basics of cryptography and digital money.
Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:19:10 PM

There is many reasons but the most important  reason why people stop using crypto is that are scared of government because holding crypto is become illegal now in many countries.

btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:23:19 PM

people not using crypto it's because they haven't know what are the benefits of using crypto, and they are afraid that crypto is illegal in their country, honestly, since i got into crypto, i can earn much money by myself, i can support my family, there's nothing wrong with crypto, crypto helps a lot of people, let's hope all of the government in this world will allow and legalize crypto as a payment currency

Basically, there are considerations and factors why people from this current situation does not use cryptocurrency because currently the price of bitcoin and altcoins were successively declining where they might think it may not recover. Another factor could be that in a certain country cryptocurrency is illegal since there is a total ban therefore people from that country tend not to get involve. Negativity such as bad news from the media thus create FUD from the people who are cryptocurrency users.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:23:39 PM

Some people really don't know cryptocurrencies, they think it is a scam, a pyramid scheme or a ponzi scheme. They don't know how cryptocurrencies can improve the payment systems.
Nowadays there are many people really now cryptocurrencies and their advantages. But they don't invest in cryptocurrencies or they have left the market, because they think that governments won't allow cryptocurrencies to grow anymore.
cryptoZcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:29:30 PM

I think forward thinking individuals like most already in crypto can see the potential and want to be a part of this movement. Other people are more hesitant towards new tech. they will buy into them when 40-50% of their close family and friends get into it. They will most likely follow what is considered a norm today rather than what could be big in the future. How many of you know people who said some new idea or tech is stupid and before you know they have it when its the cool new item everyone is raving about. Everyone who isn't in it right now rest assured will eventually use crypto sooner rather than later. Whether consciously or using it indirectly when major brands start adopting it for micropayment etc.
PaPog

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:29:37 PM

People were not using crypto it's because they haven't know what are the benefits of using crypto, and they are afraid that crypto is illegal in their country, honestly, since i got into crypto, i can earn much money by myself, i can support my family, there's nothing wrong with crypto, crypto helps a lot of people, let's hope all of the government in this world will allow and legalize crypto as a payment currency
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:30:43 PM

There arw a lot of reasons as to why some people are not able to or is really discouraged to invest in bitcoin. These reasons may be financial, meaning they couldn't afford to invest in the first place. Otger reasons may be because of the fears and doubts the person has over bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a whole. And lastly, they might have been discouraged by relatives or close friends to invest.

mining_spaceship

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:45:38 PM
Merited by ironm@n (2)

There are people who don't want to deal with it because it is something they don't understand. There are also people afraid of regulatory problems.

None of these are good reasons for people to be afraid of Bitcoin, since understanding its use is quite simple, and in most countries in the world Bitcoin is not illegal.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: