Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum miner?  (Read 349 times)
yorchi5m (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:28:44 PM

Hi my  name is Jorge, I'm new to the forum, and mining, I started to mining about 2 weeks ago with nice hash but I'm more interested to mine ethereum, I've done some research (not enough obviously)on how to use ethermine and mining pool hub, I have lots of questions on mining pool hub but that is a different topic on its own.
Mining on ethermine  was easy to set up and run, but after my computer goes to sleep to save power, the mining program stops, when I mine on nice has it runs on the background while the computer sleeps, how can I keep mining ethereum when the computer goes to sleep?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patuba

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:33:38 PM

You'll have to leave your PC on 24/7 to continuously mine. You won't be able to mine if your computer is sleeping.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:36:09 PM

Hi my  name is Jorge, I'm new to the forum, and mining, I started to mining about 2 weeks ago with nice hash but I'm more interested to mine ethereum, I've done some research (not enough obviously)on how to use ethermine and mining pool hub, I have lots of questions on mining pool hub but that is a different topic on its own.
Mining on ethermine  was easy to set up and run, but after my computer goes to sleep to save power, the mining program stops, when I mine on nice has it runs on the background while the computer sleeps, how can I keep mining ethereum when the computer goes to sleep?

Go to Windows Power Options and change some things there

AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:34:48 PM

Since you just started, research on how to mine yourself and ditch nice hash and join a mining pool, NiceHash is a loss.

I used them the first month when i started and ditched them straight away as i found how much i was actually loosing.

It is not hard, just learn/read/watch a video on how to do it and in a couple of days or maximum weeks, move on AND make more for you.

Welcome and Good luck our fellow miner!
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:57:01 PM

I just want to suggest this not just for you OP because you already might know this so called basic information I will write.

1. You need mining cooler system if you think your miners or ASICs need more attention from the hot air.

2. Please dont be mad saying this, are you in need of help when it comes in electrical bill. Ill suggest solar powers or the best way if your in place where its snowy I want to open the windows everytime like 2-3 hours depends on the weather.

3. Dont every say mining is need because peolle are saying this becauseif the market value but you still earn when market value increases.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 02:51:01 AM

All you need to do is on POWER PLAN AND OPTIONS

• In search type “Power Options“
• Click on “Show additional plans“
• Select “High Performance” plan
• Then still on “High Performance” plan, click “Change plan settings“
• Select “Never” on all four selections for “Turn off the display” and “Put the computer to sleep“
• Click “Change advanced power settings” and look for “PCI Express” -> “Link State Power Management“, make sure it is set to “OFF“, usually it is but better to check on that
• Restart the rig

And you should put miner shortcut in startup folder, this will let your miner program automatically start as window restarts. In address bar, type: shell:startup

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:17:38 PM

how can I keep mining ethereum when the computer goes to sleep?

You can't, and you need to keep your rig alive. And how to do it has posted above me. Lets your Rig going to sleep wouldn't save power, even you'll lose profit.  Cheesy
yorchi5m (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:14:31 AM

thanks to you all! and sorry for taking long to  come back to the forum.
After alecme  replay, I change the setting on my computer,and fix it.
 It was weird for me because with nice-hash was mining 24/7 but with other miners it would stop, I continue mining with nice hash  because the following  reasons...
1. I finally figure out how how to mine ethereum with Claymore's dual miner, I connected it to ethermine and it works, but sometimes it will get disconnected, I rather earn a bit less with nicehas than be at work and get a notification that my worker has been inactive on my email.
2. I been trying to dual mine decred with supernova, but I'm not sure is connected, in my mining programs it shows me the speed and hashes  but in supernova it docent show any information  form hash rate, balance  or any earnings, any ideas how can I fix it? I contact supernova a day ago and still waiting for an answer, I might miss some configuration on dpool, any suggestions or leads to a solutions will be greatly appreciated. and thanks  in advance
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:13:49 AM

thanks to you all! and sorry for taking long to  come back to the forum.
After alecme  replay, I change the setting on my computer,and fix it.
 It was weird for me because with nice-hash was mining 24/7 but with other miners it would stop, I continue mining with nice hash  because the following  reasons...
1. I finally figure out how how to mine ethereum with Claymore's dual miner, I connected it to ethermine and it works, but sometimes it will get disconnected, I rather earn a bit less with nicehas than be at work and get a notification that my worker has been inactive on my email.
2. I been trying to dual mine decred with supernova, but I'm not sure is connected, in my mining programs it shows me the speed and hashes  but in supernova it docent show any information  form hash rate, balance  or any earnings, any ideas how can I fix it? I contact supernova a day ago and still waiting for an answer, I might miss some configuration on dpool, any suggestions or leads to a solutions will be greatly appreciated. and thanks  in advance

Go check the Claymore threat my friend, this question has been asked and answered about 5 billion times there. Also you might want to look at other options instead of DCR - XVG, for example...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:11:12 AM

Welcome to the forum @Jorge

to solve the problem about "sleep computer" you can follow @shibob advice.

yeah, if Mining is better manually switch coin than automatically switch coin (NH). if you do that (Manually Switch) then indirectly you learn the type of algorithm, Pool, and coin characteristics.

bernike

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:04:57 PM

However or as good as hardware you use, will not be able to mining in the sleep mode. Because in that mode all the system will fall asleep. It's better to set always on mode but turn off monitor about 15 minutes to save electricity. Or you can use software like teamviewer to monitor your mining rig.  Wink

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
jillscarbrough

Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:30:43 PM

1. What kind of disconnect you mean, more specific, please. Was your rig freeze? or still alive but not mine?

2. Have you waited for long enough on suprnova? and still, nothing changes? because sometimes pool needs a few time to update miner stat.
toyo87

Activity: 738
Merit: 100

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:42:50 PM

All you need to do is on POWER PLAN AND OPTIONS

• In search type “Power Options“
• Click on “Show additional plans“
• Select “High Performance” plan
• Then still on “High Performance” plan, click “Change plan settings“
• Select “Never” on all four selections for “Turn off the display” and “Put the computer to sleep“
• Click “Change advanced power settings” and look for “PCI Express” -> “Link State Power Management“, make sure it is set to “OFF“, usually it is but better to check on that
• Restart the rig

And you should put miner shortcut in startup folder, this will let your miner program automatically start as window restarts. In address bar, type: shell:startup

Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.
yorchi5m (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:56:28 PM

1. What kind of disconnect you mean, more specific, please. Was your rig freeze? or still alive but not mine?

2. Have you waited for long enough on suprnova? and still, nothing changes? because sometimes pool needs a few time to update miner stat.

Well as I was mining with nicehash I let it mine, after a while the screen will go black to conserve energy and a few hours later when I come back,  I can see the progress on my earnings, then when I switch to any other miner program it will mine, after a while the the screen torn off to save energy and when checking my earning a few latter I noticed that the mining program had stop/freeze, that is fix now!

I was mining with claymore dual miner ethermine for etherium, dcr on supernova, in my mining program I can see my hashrates for ethereum and decred, checking on ethermine, I can see my statistics earning etc but still nothing on supernova, I let it run overnight (knowing that some servers takes a while to reflect your transactions) but still not showing any balance/eraning/hashrates or action that shows that I'm connected.
I been  receiving emails from supernova that there are blocks found from other members, I contacted them about a day and a half and haven't got an answer as yet =/
jillscarbrough

Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:52:04 PM

I was mining with claymore dual miner ethermine for etherium, dcr on supernova, in my mining program I can see my hashrates for ethereum and decred, checking on ethermine, I can see my statistics earning etc but still nothing on supernova, I let it run overnight (knowing that some servers takes a while to reflect your transactions) but still not showing any balance/eraning/hashrates or action that shows that I'm connected.
I been  receiving emails from supernova that there are blocks found from other members, I contacted them about a day and a half and haven't got an answer as yet =/

So, your E pool is Ethermine, and D pool you are using Suprnova. Both showing hashing speed and other in Claymore, Ethermine is fine but Suprnova was showing nothing there, right? Sound like pool issue, you have done the right thing by contacting their support, just be patient to get respond.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

Are you having Windows 10 os. If yes please follow the below instructions you need to follow to change it.
 Choose when to turn off the display during periods of inactivity.
 Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
 Under the plan that you want to change, click Change plan settings.
 On the Change settings for the plan page, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use when your computer is running on battery (if applicable) and when it's plugged in.
 For more options, click “Change advanced power settings.”
 When you’re done click OK.

When I was new to mining I have the same thought whether it will be mining for complete day or sleep whenever the computer sleeps.
If possible download Hive OS and flash it on your drive or flash stick to start mining uninterruptedly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: