Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:04:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency courses, thoughts?  (Read 1358 times)
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 782

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:36:51 PM

I came up to this recently https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency
Has anyone tried enrolling in a cryptocurrency related course? Anyone who has completed one, either online or offline one. Any thoughts on taking one?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
frank2018

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

That is a great way of uprising the usage of cryptocurrencies through subjects and/or courses. This can produce individuals who might become successful through its useful usage. Partaking cryptos as a major augmentation in the field of finance becomes a vision that everyone has to embrace.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:53:48 PM

education is key if we are to advance as a people so definitely any sort of education geared towards bitcoins is a definite plus as this will help us to make better investment decisions and as a result we will improve our own economic situation and then it will impact the economic situation of the country in a positive way as the standard of living and commerce improves.

Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

education is key if we are to advance as a people so definitely any sort of education geared towards bitcoins is a definite plus as this will help us to make better investment decisions and as a result we will improve our own economic situation and then it will impact the economic situation of the country in a positive way as the standard of living and commerce improves.
Definitely, the more you know the better. I was just curious if anyone had completed a similar course and if it's worth enrolling in one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

I haven't myself but have heard mostly that they're just regurgitating information that is freely and readily available elsewhere without the large fees attached to it. That's like most online courses. People some to have a mental block in that they don't feel like they can learn unless they're paying someone else to teach them.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

I haven't myself but have heard mostly that they're just regurgitating information that is freely and readily available elsewhere without the large fees attached to it. That's like most online courses. People some to have a mental block in that they don't feel like they can learn unless they're paying someone else to teach them.

You're thinking about the scammy ones, usually by some crypto preacher or something of that sort. They mostly tackle investment advice, and you'll pick up nothing new if you know how to google. The one OP cited is actually free and legit. It goes in-depth into the blockchain side of Bitcoin and crypto in general, and I've heard good things about it.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:41:51 PM

You're thinking about the scammy ones, usually by some crypto preacher or something of that sort. They mostly tackle investment advice, and you'll pick up nothing new if you know how to google. The one OP cited is actually free and legit. It goes in-depth into the blockchain side of Bitcoin and crypto in general, and I've heard good things about it.

If what have you said is true then I really think this can be a good news for newbies, Yes there are google search that would let you get information and have an idea with certain bitcoin terminologies and things that you need to do in earning bitcoin, I really think this can up the learning for newbies and can help out anybody that is willing to take up this course.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:09:11 PM

Yep, I am. I seem to come across a lot more of them then anything else. Maybe because they're pushed that much harder than the legitimate ones. Given it has your stamp of approval and it's free then maybe I will check it out for myself. It would be of great benefit if there was more free quality information for people to learn about crypto.

cryptodoido

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 06:21:40 PM

I think they're necessary, because there's a lot of people wanting invest, but can't self teach about bitcoin
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:58:50 PM

Yep, I am. I seem to come across a lot more of them then anything else. Maybe because they're pushed that much harder than the legitimate ones. Given it has your stamp of approval and it's free then maybe I will check it out for myself. It would be of great benefit if there was more free quality information for people to learn about crypto.
Do let us know if you actually try it out, make sure to report back if possible! By the way, I was actually talking about reputable courses too, from major providers/university's not some paid crap you may find on websites such as Udemy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:03:54 PM

well I don`t think it would be very helpful because what someone can teach about crypto currencies that we can`t research but if that is a course for price analysis and analytics as in finance than it is worth it
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:04:51 PM

I do believe this course is a bit old and is free, I've looked some parts of it way back. Dunno maybe they have added few videos now but it is imformative well enough and I do believe if you watch all videos newbies can learn a lot about cryptocurrency in general. Very imformative, at least parts I've watched

If you are interested about blockchain tech and way how business are seeing to make centralzied ones you can also check these courses:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/ibm-blockchain-essentials-for-developers , https://www.edx.org/course/blockchain-business-introduction-linuxfoundationx-lfs171x

Although I found them not entertaining enough since I mostly know what they are talking about, but courses are free and can be good start Smiley
spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 04:11:34 PM

I completed a couple of these courses when I first got involved with cryptocurrency a few years back, I found that they tend to talk of the most mundane aspects of cryptocurrency, e.g. explaining how mining works, going into excessive detail about how the decentralized ledger works with multiple metaphors and comparisons. Definitely not worth watching if you already have some idea about crypto, as you could gain the same information from simply reading a few stickies around here.

I would however, like some good guides on how to develop your own blockchain, or write smart-contracts, I know some of these exist, but they are rudimentary. I want extensive content.

walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

The earlier we learn all about cryptocurrencies the better as it will equip us with abundant knowledge that we can share with others. Cryptocurrency is the future of money and therefore we need to key ourselves into it. I see it being thought as subject in schools in the nearest future.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:15:04 PM

finally there is also a bitcoin education, this is an opportunity for my friends who want to learn bitcoin further, while there is a chance like this is better and we should try it because of our opportunity.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1282

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:17:56 PM

Personally I haven't done any courses but i think they are a very
important thing going forward. Learning coding along with how
Blockchains work and learning about mining, economics and trading
would be very beneficial.

Of course we can all learn this from online sources like forums and
youtube for example but learning it directly from a knowledgeable
source is a step further.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:26:31 PM

In life knowledge have always been the key to make difference in any field one find itself. It will would be really nice if we can attend one or more course related to blockchain and also encourage some people around us to acquire knowledge about blockchain. Looking at the misconception in the cryptocurrencies is as a result of lack of knowledge off blockchain.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:28:44 PM

This looks more like technical course about cryptocurrencies and blockchain. Something you could hear at Computer Science class on University.
I took some courses but they were more focused on trading and not so much on technology and cryptography. But that is welcome as well so thanks for sharing.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:54:25 PM

Has anyone tried enrolling in a cryptocurrency related course? Anyone who has completed one, either online or offline one. Any thoughts on taking one?
I believe MIT and Stanford university are going to offer crypto/blockchain courses. There are more: https://www.accounting-degree.org/college-cryptocurrency-blockchain-courses/

If you have the opportunity to,hell yeah. I didn't get a chance to,but if you do and if you are techie,sure you should. Not everyone gets such a opportunity.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Phlaser

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:57:33 PM

Information is power. This will surely help quite a lot of people to gain knowledge about Cryptocurrency as a whole. All terminologies, concept and techniques will be a piece if cake with this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: