Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:05:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin point of sale - hardware and consulting  (Read 787 times)
JustOne (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:01:04 PM

Noob here:

More "regular" people are interested in trying out Bitcoin and I smell huge opportunities for experienced BTC users with people skills (anyone?  Wink) to talk with local retailers, from hydroponics to coffee to computers. However, there is not much available in the POS department (point of sale, not piece of s***) such as:
Window stickers
Counter signs
Pricing guns/price stickers
QR stations

These should be mass produced and made as cheap as possible. Anyone interested in designing, acquiring, and selling this "Bitcoin Sales Kit" below cost of one-off products some ambitious retailers are doing?

Anyone experienced with consulting gigs that would be interested in acquiring some of these types of items? There ought to be someone doing this. Many more retailers would sign up if they could pay for "IT" service on this area, at least to get started.

The more users that enter, the better. My favorite chart isn't USD/BTC, it's # My Wallet users over time. Steady growth. Smiley

Thanks!

JustOne

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:26:55 PM

Id be interested as I think alot of small retailers in my area would be up for doing it... even just to stand out from the crowd more than anything.
no time for proper reply right now, so quick post for bookmarking Smiley
BTW wheres the info on the kit you mention?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JustOne (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:29:10 PM

I'll make and sell the kit. Your reply is encouraging. I figure there are probably 10s or 100s on this forum who'd be interested as well. I put an order for vinyl window stickers, and I'll shop around locally for some countertop QR displays.

BTC0.1 per kit?  BTC0.03 S&H?
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:35:40 AM

sounds like an interesting one, the price sounds ok depending on quantities etc. just dont ask me to go into a preorder with you as i got burned by terrahash so am a bit allergic at the mo haha

i could make some casual enquiries in my area to see if i can get two or three retailers on it.
do you have any guide info on how it works? i guess that,  for retailers they would just have the qrcode at the counter but theyd need to calc the price manually and basically watch over the customer to make sure they enter the right amount when sending payment to that wallet, right? i guess theres no device that auto coverts the price based on the stores barcode and price database and pulls the payment from customers wallet? to make it more automised?

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
ngenko

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:52:11 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 10:44:23 AM by ngenko

Hello,
sounds an interesting idea.

I'm actually running a bitcoin consulting firm. This could be a product that I could propose to my clients.
http://www.btc-consulting.org
Can you tell me more about your product?
Thanks.
Bonz

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:28:48 AM

i to would be interested.  it 50 kits right out the gate!  terminals decals signage the whole shabang!!!  we install POS terminals for interac/credit and want to expand to bitcoin but no one seems to have a ready terminal and building my own has been working well but we haven't been able to make anything tough enough for daily use!

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: