Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burstnation, READ THIS!  (Read 115 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:28:14 AM

If there still remains of some residue of Burstnation in this forum, then read this message straight from Rico666 of the Proof of Capacity Consortium, the supported developers of the Burst community and the designated successor of the Burst-Team group of developers.

BurstNation in "Walking Ghost phase", a message by Rico666

• If you don't know what that is, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signs_and_symptoms_of_radiation_poisoning#%22Walking_Ghost_phase%22

• Right from the start, they met the PoCC with hostility for no reason. No one at the PoCC takes this personal, because it is apparent that BN met everyone with hostility sooner or later. They managed to piss off all relevant devs from the former team who were - as is often the case - more introvert and not used to face attacks in addition to the work they were doing. Personally, I wonder what the dumbwits in charge at BN thought when they were cutting off the development branches they were partially sitting on.

• They opposed everything the PoCC was doing. Wallet development, Explorer, later then Pool development and the more "fundamental" changes like PoC2, (where PoC2 is one of the smaller changes to await Burst). They basically fucked up all their asset activities and were desperately looking whom to blame so they would not look like scammers. To be clear: they are more incompetent than scammers, but it's hard to distinguish that sometimes.

• Wait - I give "them" too much credit. "They" was a bunch of like 3 guys: Adam, Focus, Menax maybe an additional minion here and there. After the Dymaxion, Adam left, so its mostly just Focus - a barely talented sysadmin compensating with anger what he is missing in competence. Back to their "Walking Ghost phase" (WGP):

• They opposed of course 1.3.6cg and tried to counter development with some desperate monkey-wrenched NRS 1.5.7e, then renamed to NRS 2.0.0. When they saw that the community would go for 1.3.6cg, they plain right threatened to block any community vote with their "over 51% majority of pool capacity". Basically admitting they shit on the whole Burst community using what they perceived as their major power and influence: Mining capacity to nullify the community vote. Burst mining Club and affiliated pools really had way over 51% back then.

• We then came with an all-new pool software which quickly gained air superiority in mining operations - see http://burstcoin.cc/pool and e.g. https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/972188175836831744 So even this last "fortress" of BN fell.

• You bet our pools were met with some attacks in the course of all this, but these ceased as they became ultimately ineffective. While we do not have any proof who is behind these attacks, we could think of some interest group - but it's really neither relevant nor interesting anymore. What is interesting was the following non-technical attacks, where Focus et al. tried to start some smear campaign on the PoCC pools with fake data, because you can see (analysis of the reward recipient flow between pools), how people are leaving e.g. BMC and joining PoCC pools or Dymaxion-supporting pools.

• To the present day, Focus keeps claiming utter nonsense that is outright plain wrong. E.g. that the PoCC pools are "Uray code clones". You must know, the Uray - later Lexicon - pool code base is some JavaScript based on node.js - the PoCC pool software is a complete all-new implementation of Burst mining pool software written in the Go language. Anyone with a slightest programming experience or very short research is able to debunk this "clone claim", as JavaScript is really really really quite different from Go.

• Yes, BN reached out to exchanges with some fairy tale story of "two development groups", one wanting to keep things as they are and another "more progressive". They falsely pretended both these groups have same community support - their "conservative one" maybe even more so. Yes, we have this letter e.g. from Menax to Bittrex and it gave us all a good laugh.

• This is my last writeup regarding BN, because they have exceeded their share of my attention span and given their increasing level of insignificance basically got (and are getting) way more attention than they deserve in general. As they have chosen a path of self destruction - BN will cease to exist just because of their own actions.

They censor their forum hard. Which means cutting in their own flesh because they alienate potential contributors and remove content from their site. All this only to be able to say "It's not just Focus' opinion - look around in the forum, other think the same." Wow.

This is what will happen:

• All BN infrastructure relying on old 1.2.9 (or quasi 1.2.9 wallets - that includes Menaxerius' fake NRS 2.0.0) will have a harder and harder time to propagate their data into the Burst network or receive data from the Burst network. These will slowly die off.

• By the time BRS 2.2.0 will be released, the only surviving wallets on the network will be 1.3.6cg and BRS 2.0.x There will be no danger of Burst forking into two coins. A "Burst classic" scenario is simply nonexistant.

• Personally, I have lost all hope that BN "management" will come to its senses and doing the only right thing there: unconditionally cease any opposing activities and join the main stream, which is the PoCC roadmap for the Burst cryptocurrency. Also for me personally, the time of a face-saving option for BN has passed. Unless I see a letter of unconditional surrender and BN starting to behave humble, with ashes on their head, spreading optimism and positivism and proactively ask where they could help out - I consider BN a disturbing element of the Burst community that has to be cauterized.

• No one can prove a negative. The PoCC cannot prove to never have attacked any BN-related operation (or anyone else) whatsoever. But we can prove a positive. I suggest Focus and Menax to stop shittalk and to pray as hard as they can so I personally do not feel tempted to demonstrate how it would look like if we decided to use offensive measures - just to prove there were none before that. My gloves could come off.

But all this is purely theoretical. For starters, the duration of a WGP is 10-20 days, so it just takes some patience to see BN fold completely. Good bye - yo may not be in our hearts, but you will be in our memories. For a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:33:13 AM

Opposers of the PoCC, this is your last chance. Drop your old nodes now for new ones or you and your Bursts will be in trouble. Bittrex and Poloniex have already started to install BRS 2.2.0. If you continue to run the old software with your mining pools, nodes and your wallets then you cant transfer them to those exchanges anymore.

The PoCC will also disclose an exploit in the 1.x.x software. You have been warned.

Rico666's warning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: