Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Talk merit an alt?  (Read 430 times)
Talk merit (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 08:07:02 AM

Jet Cash joined Bitcoin talk to discuss Bitcoin and online payment systems. He learnt a lot from the members here, and he enjoys the discussions about Bitcoin, and the emerging crypto economy.

The flood of alt coins and the associated bounties and air drops has caused a massive increase in advertising to try to suck unwary investors into risky speculations. This has led to the pollution of the boards here by a tide of low quality posting by signature spammers. Jet Cash has become concerned that he spends too much time discussing the new merit system, which was introduced to combat this pollution, and he has asked me to take over so that he can distance himself from the need to make increasingly abrasive posts.

I hope you guys won't mind me taking on this role for him. He still plans to award merit quietly in the background, but he doesn't want to talk about it any more.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:11:12 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 08:44:28 AM by mdayonliner

Well, it's obvious you are not Jet Cash  Grin

Edit:
Wondering why are you teasing Jet Cash? He/she is a decent person in my opinion.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Talk merit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 08:28:40 AM

He thanks you for the kind words. Smiley

It's interesting to see what life is like as a new member. I keep hitting the 360 second barrier, and I discovered that reporting a post count as a post for this restriction. Maybe I should become a copper member. "copper" is a colloquialism for a policeman in England, but I don't think I wnt to be though of as a merit policeman.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

He thanks you for the kind words. Smiley

It's interesting to see what life is like as a new member. I keep hitting the 360 second barrier, and I discovered that reporting a post count as a post for this restriction. Maybe I should become a copper member. "copper" is a colloquialism for a policeman in England, but I don't think I wnt to be though of as a merit policeman.

Yeah buy a copper member. At-least the forum will get some business from you.   Cheesy

Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:14:26 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 04:52:40 AM by Dingdongjl
Merited by 1993jochico (6), XinXan (2), LeGaulois (1)

no one cares...

hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 03:57:43 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 04:30:37 AM by hd49728
Merited by LeGaulois (1)

Jet Cash joined Bitcoin talk to discuss Bitcoin and online payment systems. He learnt a lot from the members here, and he enjoys the discussions about Bitcoin, and the emerging crypto economy.

The flood of alt coins and the associated bounties and air drops has caused a massive increase in advertising to try to suck unwary investors into risky speculations. This has led to the pollution of the boards here by a tide of low quality posting by signature spammers. Jet Cash has become concerned that he spends too much time discussing the new merit system, which was introduced to combat this pollution, and he has asked me to take over so that he can distance himself from the need to make increasingly abrasive posts.

I hope you guys won't mind me taking on this role for him. He still plans to award merit quietly in the background, but he doesn't want to talk about it any more.
To be honest, it looks like you are merit beggar and liar (I hate to say this but I can not say something against my thoughts). It might be clearer and better if Jet Cash find the topic somehow (might be by chance) and let his thread on the topic to confirm your words, which I don't believe are true.
In addition, I don't see any demand to create such a topic as yours. Jet Cash is very actively help others in the forum, and sending high warnings about shit-posters will be add into his Ignore list.
I hope that you will not be added to his list.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:08:08 AM

why are you trying to implicate Jet Cash? what is the point of this?

Jet Cash is a legit user, well above using an alt account. This is just stupidity

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

I think you should already shut your account and don't try to impersonate someone whose been a long time legit member here l. And even if you're not, what can we get for this post?
He will not even stand on your front to claim that you're not a shitposter or something.It's kinda obvious mate. Stop making alts.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:15:11 AM
Merited by TMAN (1)

Whoops! It looks as if I miscalculated here. Talk Merit is my alt, and this thread was intended to ensure that there was no deceit involved in its creation, but my attempt to introduce humour and mystery seems to have backfired. So why did someone who is opposed in principle decide to create an alt? I suppose that there are three main reasons.

- I have been accused of merit hunting in a few posts, so by moving posts on the most rewarded topic away from my account, I thought that I could negate that. I started this thread in an attempt to link the two account openly, so that there is no prospect of accusations of merit farming.

- As a Hero, I have a different perspective on BitcoinTalk, and I wanted to see what the problems were for new members. This seemed to be the ideal way to do it. I would never have noticed the hourly update of my activity had I not done this, and that remains a mystery to me, but it is probably not important enough to pursue.

- I have been fairly active in scanning the threads to find posts to award with merit. The merit system seems to be working, and my reading of threads that I may not otherwise have opened, has been rewarding. The threads about blockchain synchronisation would have been buried before the recent spam reduction for example. It has also been mildly distressing, as I seem to find more people to ignore than to award with merit. This may be as a result of my impatience, as I read most of the threads for information and interaction, and not as an alternative to visiting an art gallery. There are still many members necro-bumping threads with rubbish, and multiple sequential quotes of a oversized post make several threads unusable ( to me ). I decided that I was becoming abrasive, and my posts about merit and posting habits that I disliked seemed to be contrary to forum policies. I decided that it was best for me to distance myself from these topics, and to focus on the main reason that I am a member here, and that is to understand Bitcoin, and the new innovation that it provides in payments and the storage of wealth. I'm also interested in economies that free one from land based restrictions.

I apologise to the forum if members feel that I have misled them. I would like to continue as Jet Cash, the Bitcoiner, and avoid all discussions about merit, and its hunting. I will increase my use of the more serious boards, and continue to award merits there. I think those are the most valuable boards, but they seem to attract fewer awards for many posts that are excellent and helpful. I will continue to ignore members who make posts that slow down my reading of threads, but I will keep that as an unpublished personal function.

Merit discussions seem to be an important issue in the Bitcoin Talk forum, and I would like to continue to comment in some of the merit threads as TalK Merit. I have registered the domain name, and I thought that if I relaxed, I could make a more positive contribution. If you feel that this is wrong, then I am happy to close this thread, and stop using the account. I hope you guys can accept that my motivation was to attempt to continue the improvement and usability of the forum, and accept my apology if I have misled anybody. As far as I know I have not broken any forum rules, either in spirit or in stated policy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

I thought it was you  Wink

Hourly updates to activity are probably something to do with cron jobs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

I don't think you are doing anything wrong here, just some people weren't sure if it was you or an imposter. Now you've come out, I for one hope you keep doing it.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:37:41 AM

Hourly updates to activity are probably something to do with cron jobs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

Thanks for that suggestion, and it makes sense in part. I was intrigued to see my activity going up in single increments from 1 up to 14. I posted about missing the update when I saw I had an activity of 1, and I was surprised to see it increasing almost post by post until it got to 14. It must be a continuous process of monitoring posts, rather than a single look at current counts. All credit to Theymos for accepting a higher server utilisation, in return for a system which seems to be more accurate and beneficial for members.

Thanks for the encouragement. Smiley

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:38:18 AM

Whoops!

Can you add Talk Merit as an alt account of yours in your signature space?
You seems to have a lot of time for the community it is appreciated as long as you think it was safe.

For general information Talk Merit show the true owner when it decided to post in its thread.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

I wonder if alia is still around with his (what now? alia wasn't a girl? some girl did show her pussy though on camera) alts?
Sir Jet Cash the second, why don't you register another account and farm some merits in Joe's merit farming topic? not only it is allowed, you could get 73 merits for encouraging the merit farming.

🖤😏
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:06:56 PM

Whoops!

Can you add Talk Merit as an alt account of yours in your signature space?
You seems to have a lot of time for the community it is appreciated as long as you think it was safe.

For general information Talk Merit show the true owner when it decided to post in its thread.

I really want to disassociate Jet Cash from merit discussion, and putting Talk Merit in my sig would prevent that.

I own a variety of domain names including JetCash.com, TalkMerit.com, BitcoinScammer.com, CryptoBounty.com, BitcoinVirus.com, and probably about 50 others. Some of which I use on Bitcoin Talk. What I could do is to list the domain names I use, and the Merit Talk alt, on the Jet Cash domain site. This goes a bit further than your request, and it makes the whole structure transparent. I can then post a link to the Jet Cash domain in my Talk Merit signature, but you'll have to wait for it to be clickable.

I don't really have a lot of time, and that is why I try to use it efficiently, hence my stress over the posts that slow down thread scanning.

Talk merit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

I wonder if alia is still around with his (what now? alia wasn't a girl? some girl did show her pussy though on camera) alts?
Sir Jet Cash the second, why don't you register another account and farm some merits in Joe's merit farming topic? not only it is allowed, you could get 73 merits for encouraging the merit farming.

That is about as appealing as promoting vaccinations and big pharma pills that cripple and kill people.

If you are suggesting that I show my "man boobs", then I don't have any, and I've got a hairy chest as well, so unless there are any apes posting here, nobody is going to get excited over my pictures.

The Talk Merit projects
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

Finally, you came out, Jet Cash. It's good to see your thread to claim that Talk merit is your alt (Honestly, before your thread, I really thought that this one is from liar.
I guess not only you do this (particularly high-ranked users) after the launch of merit system, but I think different users have different objectives to do this.
Might be to earn merits with deeply knowledge and try to cheat the forum with new alt to earn money (I don't support this idea).
Or might be curiously find out which sort of attitudes, responses of users in the forum with newbie accounts, even if they contribute high-quality threads.
I guess you belong to the second ones.
Thanks for that suggestion, and it makes sense in part. I was intrigued to see my activity going up in single increments from 1 up to 14. I posted about missing the update when I saw I had an activity of 1, and I was surprised to see it increasing almost post by post until it got to 14. It must be a continuous process of monitoring posts, rather than a single look at current counts. All credit to Theymos for accepting a higher server utilisation, in return for a system which seems to be more accurate and beneficial for members.

Thanks for the encouragement. Smiley

Thanks TheQuin, very interesting discovery. I don't pay attention to this before reading your thread. One more thing I learned from the forum and its high-ranked members.
~
~
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:16:57 PM

Thanks TheQuin, very interesting discovery. I don't pay attention to this before reading your thread. One more thing I learned from the forum and its high-ranked members.
~
~

Corn job:
In short corn job is scheduling a set of tasks for a system that runs on the server. It's automatic and useful for system maintenance. In many cases a system needs certain tasks to perform periodically. Setting up a corn job is helpful in those cases.

i.e: Consider a membership site with hundreds of members are expiring their paid membership everyday. Deactivating them one by one will need human resources to maintain the system. If the system can perform the same task by checking periodically who are expiring and can deactivate automatically then it saves both money and time.

ImageLoading...
Click here if unable to see image

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:54:40 PM

Not trying to be rude, but am I the only one who thinks this is a dumb idea? Just use your main account, no one cares what topics you spend your time discussing.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 06:02:41 PM

Not trying to be rude, but am I the only one who thinks this is a dumb idea? Just use your main account, no one cares what topics you spend your time discussing.

Well I do - did you read my reasons for creating the account by the way?

We all have our projects, and I hope that this one is seen to be beneficial to the forum.

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:48:15 PM
Merited by Bardman (2)

Well I do - did you read my reasons for creating the account by the way?

We all have our projects, and I hope that this one is seen to be beneficial to the forum.

Yes, I did. Personally, I can think of no better way of proving that you spend too much time discussing the merit system than by creating an account for that explicit purpose. You do you though.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: