Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC climing to parity quickly on mtgox  (Read 1749 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2011, 04:42:04 AM

Since the break in on mtgox when there was those few high trades (btc hit parity at that time I think, then fell quickly). Prior to this it had been trading around the 42c mark for some time.

In the last week it has jumped a lot, it held for a day or two at about 70c and is now holding between 87c and 94c

It is likely to hit parity over the next two or three days, over the next month or two it will probably drop below USD parity for one or two trades but from this point on it will stay above 1USD for good.

Ladies and Gentlemen, say goodbye to below parity btc.

On a related note I have already seen the effects of deflation. I buy vpn from Mullvad (www.mullvad.net) for bitcoin. When I first bought 30 days access the price was 24btc(I think), that was a little over 30 days ago. The price has now dropped to 16btc for 30 days. This is a service I will continue to use if the price continues to deflate with bitcoins rise.

Sadly the server I was renting from just a man is not going to be renewed, I would like to but he is unable to continue renting it to me. Oh well.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 04:46:55 AM

I am more preoccupied about earning bitcoin with various freelancing gigs, which is hard to find.

For that, our economy needs to expand.

Veltas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:29:21 AM

I'm no economist but I feel that this is due to BTC being in high demand and low supply.  Simple as can be.

I think a real problem is that it will be a long time before it levels out, and then it should follow the world's average inflation, but that's too simple a model.

We're going to overshoot parity by quite a bit if you ask me...
ptd

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 12:12:53 PM

I'm no economist but I feel that this is due to BTC being in high demand and low supply.  Simple as can be.

I think a real problem is that it will be a long time before it levels out, and then it should follow the world's average inflation, but that's too simple a model.

No the world is actually deflating, the only reason we get deflation in fiat currencies is because they print money faster than deflation. Eventually bitcoin will probably have very predictable deflation (because economic progress means stuff gets cheaper).
Veltas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 05:43:32 PM

No the world is actually deflating, the only reason we get deflation in fiat currencies is because they print money faster than deflation. Eventually bitcoin will probably have very predictable deflation (because economic progress means stuff gets cheaper).

I thought it was deinflating.
ptd

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Eventually bitcoin will probably have very predictable deflation (because economic progress means stuff gets cheaper).

I thought it was deinflating.

Yes, but not predictably. When I say "very predictably" I mean "all the action is in the 5th significant figure".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: