Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New money gets grabbed faster than speed of light  (Read 137 times)
DikkieD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

Is it me or are last couple of weeks repeating? BTC dips to lower than low, people buy in and also new money comes in....BTC rises again, until (mostly whales) grab their chance to take a bit of profit again.

Are we not running the risk that at one point most people have tried the game and failed so no new money is coming in anymore?

Or is this still peanuts in the grand scheme of things (like 0,001% actually investing in crypto, so the big masses still have to come aboard)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:00:41 AM

Is it me or are last couple of weeks repeating? BTC dips to lower than low, people buy in and also new money comes in....BTC rises again, until (mostly whales) grab their chance to take a bit of profit again.

Are we not running the risk that at one point most people have tried the game and failed so no new money is coming in anymore?

Or is this still peanuts in the grand scheme of things (like 0,001% actually investing in crypto, so the big masses still have to come aboard)?

It's possible that such a scenario could arise. Small investments are crucial and if whales keep taking advantage of their inexperience to profit we will be left in a scenario where no new money enters the market because everyone who does is losing. There's a fine line between whales doing what they do and then them crushing the market. A very small percentage of people have invested in crypto but I feel very few actually will. If it's used then this will improve but from a purely investment point of view the numbers won't ever increase dramatically.

domaska

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:03:49 AM

I think that invested amounts are still quite small, adding the fact that more than a half of current investors are total newbies and uses a panic sell strategy to earn profits Grin, not to mention, the process of withdrawal is quite hard and i believe that lots of USD / USDT are still in exchanges waiting for the positive news.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:24:59 AM

In the heat of the moment, where a lot of new money comes with their panic in the rapid decline to take back, many such incidents, where people are now more holding their money and buying with certain increases that are a bit of a hindrance to me where at least investors in the market today, take the risk at all the possibility of failure factors they experienced before, if you want to invest should understand the character of bitcoin that will rise and fall every month, it must be in the know.

poliy1219

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:31:03 AM

There is no new money to enter in the current market. Big whale has an absolute advantage, and they can control the volatility of the whole market. I think this needs a new opportunity. This opportunity may be a change of attitude of some countries, or a sudden development and innovation of a block chain technology. Now the encrypted world is not too speculative for the time being. Let's wait for the next storm.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:33:18 AM

I do not see the inflow of new money into bitcoin. But this is not only a bitcoin problem. The entire cryptocurrency market shows a significant reduction in capitalization. Maybe it's the actions of whales. But maybe it's the consequences of non-segwit2x. The increasing pressure on bitcoin from governments and banks. All these problems have a negative effect on the entire cryptocurrency market.
DikkieD (OP)

Merit: 22

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:16:35 AM

I am certain this as always is just a phase. I wish however I was able to do some more shopping, but if I did it would be unwise Smiley.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:35:09 AM

These people are fed off so quickly that it becomes very difficult for them to stick around, it's a shame because we will need them eventually to achieve greater adoption but many will be afraid to enter for fear of further losses.

RedUnicorn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:30:01 AM

The money is flowing you can't deny that. Sooner or later we have to confront the idea that whales can and are manipulating crypto economy.
Recent Fud about crypto adds n bans from smaller countrys does have its tall on everything and combined with people fear of loosing even more money gives perfect oportunitties to grap even cheaper coins aldo this can't last forever and there wont be more bad news to spread around , people will come back to crypto sooner or later. Those who got burned beouse of there unwise moves will learn there mistakes and will want to make there money back all is left there is to wait for this to happen. This can't continue few months more atleast i hope it can't.
Eternu

Merit: 257

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

I suppose that large number of investors (mostly newbies) lost their faith in Bitcoin or crypto in general. With dip this big a lot of them lost their money and a lot of them are panic selling. I agree that big whales see this as an opportunity for earning more money, and that is what they are doing. Because all of this price of bitcoin is fluctuating a lot, and it does seams in some way that everything is just going in circle. If things continue like this, there will be less and less new people joining crypto market. There could be some grander scheme, but there is no way for us knowing what it is.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:55:19 AM

New money has to keep coming in, because there is new supply coming in the form of freshly mined bitcoins. The amount of new money coming in will be a function of the price of bitcoins (i.e. a lot of money might come in if bitcoins are perceived to be 'cheap').
Not every price movement in Bitcoin is driven by the action of whales.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:05:52 AM

This thing can drag on for months if not years as it had happened before. We may see quite a few new lows like 3-5 thousand dollars per bitcoin or below, but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Bitcoin and many top altcoins have real use beyond sheer speculation, and that use will eventually kick in and prop up the price at a certain level. The problem is it may happen when most wannabe traders will already be long in the red zone and likely have lost any hope.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: